New Bengals Uniforms Update

Jungle Jim

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I just got back to the computer from a meeting, and I see that anything I would've said has been said. Like most of you, I am SORELY disappointed. And those white panels on the sides that you guys were speculating about? IT'S WORSE THAN YOU IMAGINED!!

I can't post a dynamic image here, but go to this thread at the Cincinnati Bengals Huddles site. Someone has posted a TV screen capture of Chad Johnson wearing the home jersey. (Scroll about 2/3 down the page.)

:puke::puke::puke:

Wow... those make the Bills jerseys look amazingly beautiful. Congratulations to Cincinnati, for ruining the best jerseys in the league. Now, if you don't mind... i'm gonna go cry into my, now throwback, white bengals jersey.

IUe6Hvh.png

Hideous... absolutely HIDEOUS!

It would be bad enough if a solid-colored stripe on the side of the jersey didn't match the color of a solid stripe on the side of the pants. The problem is only exacerbated when you go from a solid-colored White stripe down the side of the jersey into a black-and-orange tiger-stripe down the side of the pants.

An ABOMINATION!!!

Brian in Boston

From the looks of the vidcap, the numbers on the jerseys look fatter than the picture shown earlier. The picture looks like the Bears', but the vidcap looks like Helvetica Condensed Black, a different font entirely. But I'd have to see more of those things (as much as I don't want to) to make a more definitive answer.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

is taht what i think it is in the far right?all orange look :therock: oh dear lord

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

You know, this may sound crazy, but after seeing the black uniforms being worn on someone in pads on the video cap, and seeing the white side paneling, I actually like them. The white is kind of a cool thing, since the stripes of a tiger cross over both the orange and white parts of the fur. Pretty creative... I'm going to reserve judgment until I see these on the field. I still don't like the new numbers, or the fact that they changed the primary logo, but the uniforms (at least the black and orange ones) look pretty good.

Yeah, after seeing that screengrab, I gotta echo what Nitro said. The black seems like it'll be one of those jerseys like the Broncs jersey that looks better on the field than off.

But the White...sigh, one can only hope the same holds true.

Considering they didnt need to change, I admire the try at making realistic color patterning.........

Hmmm, the only strong feeling I have is that whoa.....could there BE any more junk on the collar area??

I close my eyes and envision a day when we return to simple collars, with a small NFL shield again.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Is it me or do the numbers looked screened on insteas of tackle-twill?

I change my mind about Helvetica numbers. The 7 and 1 are very distinctive, I think it's closer to Akzidenz Grotesk Condensed Black. Definitely a different direction from what they had before. I like the older, beveled block numbers much better.

Everyone notice the white at the top of the tiger stripe on the pants?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived