New Bengals Uniforms Update

Jungle Jim

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was kinda the point... I truly think that the Bengal's uniforms (before the switch) where about as perfect as uniforms get. They were distinct, all of the elements where cohesive, they stood up very well over the course of two decades, and if the Bengals hadn't sucked so badly over the last 15 years or so, I promise you they would have been one of the highest sellers.

Exactly! The previous uniforms were perfect. The only thing killing their sales was a horrible, horrible team every single year.

This all seems useless to me.

Nothing sells a huge amount of additional merchandise like actually winning games!

What does a full redo of jerseys and logos cost? About a free-agent QB, and two CBs?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

They aren't as bad on the players as I originally thought, but the old ones are better.

Here's what I would have done, assuming I was required to make a change to those perfect uniforms:

bengals.gif

I wonder what that would look like with either the tiger head logo or the leaping tiger logo.

and most importantly, wonder woman wearing a wonder bra

...sitting on a loaf of Wonderbread.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to bump-up a heavily-travelled thread, but I've been gone for a while and trying to catch up.

Did the NFL fire all their uniform designers and ask blind people to come up with this stuff? Just when I thought the Bill's unis were the NFL all-time low point, they have to come along with something to prove me wrong.

At first glance I mildly disliked them, but after further review the are really bad:

1. The numerals...if those are supposed to show "movement", I just have no way of responding. The fail to show movement and a very, very, very bland. Numerals with some kind of point, flare or something of the sort would have been better...or just the old block numbers (even though that's not my favorite, with some teams it just fits best). Enough of the drop-shadow craze!!! The Falcons made the same mistake.

2. I agree with most here...the side panel going white-to-black just looks stupid.

3. I believe that the members of this board could have come up with far superior results (ex: Avenger).

4. The "B" logo is okay, but the Bengal-head is about three grade above the "B". Like coach vs. first-class. Another thing that troubles me is that cross-state rival Cleveland introduced their "B" logo not long ago. True, this is different, but it reminds me of the Browns.

I would have much rather had the old look than this. Bleh!

4. The "B" logo is okay, but the Bengal-head is about three grade above the "B". Like coach vs. first-class. Another thing that troubles me is that cross-state rival Cleveland introduced their "B" logo not long ago. True, this is different, but it reminds me of the Browns.

I would have much rather had the old look than this. Bleh!

Exactly my opinion. There was no need for a new logo, the old logo was perfectly fine. Even if the old on is still in use, I don't see the reason for a new logo that reminds people of the Browns.

Archived