New Bengals Uniforms Update

Jungle Jim

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the the black jersey is pretty hot. Maybe the font looks a little like the Bears, but it looks really nice and is 100 times better than the boring standard block font. The white and orange jerseys could use a little work. Reverse the colors on the sleeves to match what a tiger actually looks like, and ditch that awful orange top half of the white jersey and just go all white. Overall I prefer these to the old ones.

Anyone have a pic of the pants?

In my opinion, these are just sad excuses for uniforms. Their now old uniforms were one of my favorites, and now theyve screwed with it. The white uniforms are just plain ugly (i'm not a fan of that type of design), the font was screwed with, and is it just me, or does it look like the orange was darkened a little bit?

Would it have been too much to ask that the designers responsible come up with a numeric font that reflected the properties of the new alphabetical font?

You go to the trouble of unveiling a new "logo" that is, in reality, a giant letter "B"... you design at least enough letters in the new font to be able to spell out "CINCINNATI BENGALS"... yet, you don't think, "Hey, I bet numbers rendered in the same font would make for a unified look when applied to the jerseys."

UGGGHHH!!! It's this sort of lack of design consistency that I HATE!!! Those damn Chicago Bears' knock-off numerals kill this new look for me. Just awful!!!

And the jury's still out on the orange shoulder yoke on the away jerseys... though I'm leaning towards NOT liking it.

Well... just another missed opportunity for the numbnuts at NFL Properties.

Brian in Boston

I was so close to being the first one to unveil these. I thought I was actually until after I posted and saw unimaniac beat me out by a couple minutes. :evil:

Black jerseys I can live with.

I hate the orange thing on the whites. More and more teams are doing this and it looks terrible. Different colored sleeves with these shoulder things look so dumb. If it were just the sleeves it be fine.

About the new pants, there is a big tiger stripe down the middle of bengals.com. Don't know if it is different from what the current pattern is, but it might be the new one.

Oh, by the way... did anybody else notice that besides the tiger-striping, the sleeves aren't entirely orange on the home jerseys, or black on the road/alternate jerseys?

In addition to the black tiger-stripes on orange sleeves and orange tiger-stripes on black sleeves, there appears to be a white panel on the underside/interior of all sleeves. Check it out. Look at the very bottom of the sleeves in the various pictures.

Brian in Boston

To me, it looks like the whole thing was run by people dipping their hands in wrong pots. I wouldn't ask a designer to coach an NFL team or catch a football, yet here we are, with Lewis overseeing the design process and Chad Johnson contributing in the conceptualization. And suprise, suprise: Bengal management was too stupid to take a step back and go, "Gee golly. Maybe we should have a design firm taking the initiative on this, that way unqualified people don't run it into the ground."

Typical Cincinnati over the last 15 years.

Yeah, there is definitely some kind of white thing going on on the inside of the sleeves.

I will say this: don't blame the Titans. Maybe blame the Seahawks. The orange sleeves closely resemble to cut of the Seahawks jersey. Also, for sure we should blame the Bills. How the Bengals didn't know that everyone in the world (and his/her uncle) HATES the Bills' white monstrocities is beyond me.

I really want to see the front of these. Can we safely say that the new (?) Bengals wordmark is on them? Also, I really want to see the front of them. I am assuming that the orange shoulders on the white jersey goes across the front in a straight horizontal line the same way it does on the back, but it could go to some kind of crazy point or something.

I will say this: The black jerseys could have been decent (maybe even good) if they had come up with an original number font.

In fact, all they really had to do was keep their old uniforms, change to a new number font and add the wordmark. They could have worn the black pants with their old unis as a way of keeping things fresh, and maybe even could have come up with an orange alternate. Now it seems as if they have ruined a good thing.

Hey - where's the rumored silver/grey?

BiB - great point on the font. If they had tied the new wordmark into the numbers on the jersey, these wouldn't have been as bad. Damn shoulder yolk!

It's where I sit.

You can't blame the Titans or the Seahawks. Blame the Buffalo Bills!!!

The Titans' shoulder insert is much different than the Buffalo Bills' completely different color shoulder yoke. These Bengals' jerseys appear to be using the latter... at least on the White jerseys.

Aditionally, the Seahawks' jerseys are actually cut to have the color of the torso extend onto the sleeves. These Bengals' jerseys just give the illusion of that happening because of the way the tiger-stripes fall.

Brian in Boston

Since when is it a good thing to ask the players for uniform input? I realize they will be the ones wearing them, but that doesn't qualify them to have design input.

I'm getting sick of this modernizing, futuristic crap in football. And what was wrong with the block numbers on the old Bengal uniforms anyway?

Archived