MLB All Star Game 2009 Thread

patsox

Hell, thats closer than most of us will ever get to being a member of a championship organization. Be sure to post pics of your ring!

I had a friend of a friend type person that I knew in college that wound up being the "Assistant to the Director of Season Ticket Sales" for the Detroit Pistons, he got the job a year after graduation. Since he was considered front office he has a 2004 NBA Championship ring. Pretty Sweet!

-Dan

Ill be sure to. A little pissed its taking this long, but they had to take care of the players, coaches, staff, and front office personnel first. Oh well, not bad for being at the bottom of the totem pole. :P

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get why Nelson Cruz gets the All-Star nod to replace Hunter over Adam Lind. Lind was in the final vote, which would seemingly have made him the next best OF that didn't make the cut. But Cruz gets to go as the replacement? Makes no sense.

Lind: .308 AVG, .936 OPS, 19 HR, 59 RBI, 1 SB, 50 R in a neutral hitting park.

Cruz: .266 AVG, .871 OPS, 21 HR, 52 RBI, 13 SB, 48 R in a hitter's haven.

Whoever is doing the picking is obviously anti-Blue Jays, anti-Toronto, and anti-Canada. Clearly.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I'm happy for the two Mariners that made it.

Ichiro is (and will always be) a gimmie vote for starter in the AL outfield. It's nice to know you have a sure fire All Star year in and year out while most teams are lucky to have even one.

King Felix, on the other hand, is the bigger name because it's his first trip. Nothing against Ichiro, but he has been considered to be the ace of the M's pitching staff. In my own little world, Felix would start Tuesday night in St. Louis, but it's in all likelyhood that Roy Halladay will get the nod for the AL.

Arrived at Busch Stadium Friday morning at 9:30am after having drove up from Cape Girardeau (MO), leaving my Grandparents' house a little before 7:30. Had a half a Pop Tart about 7am and didn't eat until I went to Steak 'N' Shake after checking into my hotel (South County Holiday Inn for those from around here) at about midnight. I'm in charge of Programs so I spent all day yesterday loading Scorecard Booths and pallets of yearbooks. In this heat and St. Louis humidity, it's been brutal the last couple of days.

And now I have to be there again at 8am in the moring and here I am, on here at almost 1:30 in the morning. Oh well. As tiring and exhausting as it is, it's still pretty cool. Although Secret Service are gonna make things a pain in the ass beginning Monday. Even here Obama manages to ruin things.

Hell, thats closer than most of us will ever get to being a member of a championship organization. Be sure to post pics of your ring!

I had a friend of a friend type person that I knew in college that wound up being the "Assistant to the Director of Season Ticket Sales" for the Detroit Pistons, he got the job a year after graduation. Since he was considered front office he has a 2004 NBA Championship ring. Pretty Sweet!

-Dan

Ill be sure to. A little pissed its taking this long, but they had to take care of the players, coaches, staff, and front office personnel first. Oh well, not bad for being at the bottom of the totem pole. :P

I've got friends in the Phillies Florida operations, and they got their rings back in mid-June when the Phils played @ Tampa Bay. Yours should be coming soon.

Pedroia out due to personal reasons, Pena in.

I dunno, I would've taken Lind or Kinsler, since Pena hasn't been hitting lately.

But hey, 5 Rays is fine with me.

He will be in the Derby tomorrow.

Yeah, Pedroia's bowing out to stay with his wife who is dealing with pregnancy complications.

According to TSN, Roy Halladay will be the starting picture for the American League, and Tim Lincecum for the National League.

Link Here.

Wow...common sense actually prevailed. I'm shocked. No brainers.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Pedroia out due to personal reasons, Pena in.

I dunno, I would've taken Lind or Kinsler, since Pena hasn't been hitting lately.

But hey, 5 Rays is fine with me.

He will be in the Derby tomorrow.

Yeah, Pedroia's bowing out to stay with his wife who is dealing with pregnancy complications.

And Aaron Hill gets the start! First Jay to start since Wells in 2006, when Manny pulled out with an injury.

According to TSN, Roy Halladay will be the starting picture for the American League, and Tim Lincecum for the National League.

Link Here.

I would of went with Halladay, but it would really be a toss up between Haren and Lincecum as both are pitching lights out right now

Link Here.

I would of went with Halladay, but it would really be a toss up between Haren and Lincecum as both are pitching lights out right now

That is true, both Lincecum and Haren are doing great right now. I think Lincecum has the slight edge, and at this point he has a legitimate shot at capturing a second consecutive Cy Young.

Archived