NBA Logo/Uniform Changes for 2009-10...

DustDevil61

Those Nets uniforms on the SI cover there are hideous, sorry. Better off dreaming it all up again.

The Nets have never looked all that good, come to think of it. The current stuff is passable, and I like the lattice on the side panels, but the primary logo and NETS script are both pretty bad.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Nets wear the Dr. J unis as throwbacks a few times a year. They did so most famously during the 2003 Finals, against fellow ex-ABA club San Antonio (who, sadly, wore their normal uniforms).

001289134.jpg

I think this uni still looks spectacular. The only problem arises from the fact that the original shorts had 2 stars. But today's shorts are long enough that there ought to be 3 stars on there to keep the pattern flowing.

During the Kidd/Martin years, I used to see here in New York plenty of kids wearing this jersey, and also fashion jerseys modelled on it, in red and in grey.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

The Memphis Grizzlies are getting an alternate jersey this year.

Light blue? Red, maybe? I think they should've kept red when they went light blue/dark blue.

Insert Signature Here?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A chance to post this. I'm not saying this is perfect, just a direction i wish they'd go in. I wish more teams would go the pistons route and bring back an old scheme but not an outdated logo. jazz2.jpg

Yes and no; bringing back an old scheme but not an outdated logo is good in theory (I'd say the Bucks did a good job of that.) But the Pistons went to an even worse logo - in the old logo, the ball looked like a Piston en face within a cylinder; now it is just some text on top of a basketball, probably the most simplistic and pointless logo in the league. The horse logo wasn't bad, but it probably had to go because it was too associated with the teal monstrosities.

they might be dropping gold from the GOLDEN state warriors?

Can they go ahead and call them the Oakland or California Warriors already?

Dubbing them "Golden State" bugs me almost as much as that damn Oklahoma City logo.

6uXNWAo.png

"San Francisco Warriors" has the most pleasant cadence of any option, and technically Oakland is part of what we could consider Greater San Francisco, but it's best not to cross that bridge SO TO SPEAK

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Aren't the Nets supposed to be moving to Brooklyn? I thought that when Jay-Z took over ownership, his intention was to build a new arena there to house the team. If my memory serves me correct, weren't they going to be called the Brooklyn Knights? I thought I saw a website for it a little while ago...could be wrong though.

Wow, you're right about the Knights name. Looks like at the following site has a silhouette of the current Nets logo and something else with a horse head outline. I sure as heck hope it doesn't look like the old Pistons logo. :P

Brooklyn Knights

You'd think they could come up with a better name than the KNIGHTS. I kind of like the idea of bringing back the Dodgers name but I don't think that's possible, who knows........

What I want to know is why they're even changing the name...has there been that little fan support for the Nets over the years? Yeah, there hasn't been much support, but THAT LITTLE? Isn't this something that would really bug the faithful who remember their years as ABA champions with Dr. J, when they were actually in New York?

And Knights is not the worst name in the world, but something about the "Brooklyn Knights" sounds kind of odd to me. It almost reminds me of British Knights shoes :P.

Aren't the Nets supposed to be moving to Brooklyn? I thought that when Jay-Z took over ownership, his intention was to build a new arena there to house the team. If my memory serves me correct, weren't they going to be called the Brooklyn Knights? I thought I saw a website for it a little while ago...could be wrong though.

Wow, you're right about the Knights name. Looks like at the following site has a silhouette of the current Nets logo and something else with a horse head outline. I sure as heck hope it doesn't look like the old Pistons logo. :P

Brooklyn Knights

You'd think they could come up with a better name than the KNIGHTS. I kind of like the idea of bringing back the Dodgers name but I don't think that's possible, who knows........

What I want to know is why they're even changing the name...has there been that little fan support for the Nets over the years? Yeah, there hasn't been much support, but THAT LITTLE? Isn't this something that would really bug the faithful who remember their years as ABA champions with Dr. J, when they were actually in New York?

And Knights is not the worst name in the world, but something about the "Brooklyn Knights" sounds kind of odd to me. It almost reminds me of British Knights shoes :P.

Brooklyn Knights is just supposed to be a play on the word "Brooklynite"

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Brooklyn Knights

I can only speak for my own experience, but I was at the last game of the 2002 Finals. And half the section was empty.

With the reportedly tepid support in New Jersey, why not a new identity for Brooklyn?

Archived