UFL Team Names & Logos

AJM

I read on another (non-CCSLC) sports message board, someone commented on how bad the uniforms were in this game.

Am I correct that each team only has one uniform? (No road whites)? Or was it someone's bright idea that a silver jersey would be ok as a home uniform against a white jersey?

They have dark and white jerseys, it's just thVegas should never wear their homes anymore at all. It's too light and then they went with white numbers that look ridiculous. I ee them being copper ad brick red next season.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are these uniforms they have now just for this "Premiere Season"? I think that is what I heard just so they don't put all kinds of money in to uniforms and not have this league work out. The may have new teams next year and new uniforms for every team.

Also I didn't have that much trouble seeing the difference b/w the two teams myself but yes they could have done a bit more the LV uni's.

The unis are bad, but thankfully, just for a season. That being said, I am a Redwoods season ticket holder. 3 games for $45 not bad. And for me, memories of The Hell Hole from 7 1/2 years ago. :)

As long as it is the San Francisco Redwoods next year when an LA team comes to fruition. Would've loved to see Demons returned though.

I'll see you there.

Got my season tickets and I'm ready to go next weekend.

lionssig.jpg

cbsCBSig.gif

But I'm bothered most by Las Vegas' helmets. Would it be so hard to give them a blue facemask? And they'd be better off putting that ridiculous Locos word mark on the front of the helmet or not using it at all. It sure doesn't look right on the sides.

That's a good point - they could have done a really great Tusker-style thing with a cowcatcher. Not necessarily that bad logo, but a real cowcatcher.

That's sort of what I envision. If the XFL had any redeeming qualities, it was their helmet designs. I actually liked the Birmingham Bolts, which shifted the center of focus from the side of the helmet to front and center.

But I'm bothered most by Las Vegas' helmets. Would it be so hard to give them a blue facemask? And they'd be better off putting that ridiculous Locos word mark on the front of the helmet or not using it at all. It sure doesn't look right on the sides.

That's a good point - they could have done a really great Tusker-style thing with a cowcatcher. Not necessarily that bad logo, but a real cowcatcher.

That's sort of what I envision. If the XFL had any redeeming qualities, it was their helmet designs. I actually liked the Birmingham Bolts, which shifted the center of focus from the side of the helmet to front and center.

That Bolts helmet is one of the all-time greats. And excluding Memphis and Orlando, the XFL had an excellent fusion of modern and classic elements going on in their uniforms.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Yep - they're allowing each team's look to grow organically. Think they're keeping the logos, but each team will have the opportunity to change its colors.

Thank goodness. I guess from a financial standpoint, I can see why they'd do what they're doing (thanks to dcameronh on this point), provided the loss in jersey/cap/t-shirt sales offsets what it would have cost them to expand their color palette. I think the major mistake they've made is allowing Las Vegas's home uniforms to be light gray, while the standard away uniform is white (and for this first game, at least, it didn't help that California's helmets are white and Las Vegas's are grey, with white facemasks for both. I'm surprised California's helmets aren't green...).

Dimming the green and changing the grey to a reddish brown would certainly help California's logo, and making the battlepig any other color than gray would do wonders for the Tuskers' logo. I guess we'll have to wait a year and see.

You can watch the game here http://www.fanhouse.com/ufl-live/7040 if anyone really wants to. Tuskers are wearing blue helmet, blue jersey, black pants w/green and white stripe blue socks. Sentinels are wearing black helmet, white jersey w/black yoke, silver pants w/green stripe with black socks. For some reason I cant find the style guide, so this may already be common knowledge. Anyway, it honestly doesn't look that bad IMHO.

I was hired by purepartner to design the helmet marks. I have been involved in designing over 200 logos for the major leagues in the past 10 years. Including the Rangers liberty mark NHL, Atlanta Thrashers, Wizards NBA, NJ Nets, Jacksonville Jaguars, MSG etc...] They call me the machine because I crank out hundreds of designs for every project.

I was hired by purepartner to design the helmet marks. I have been involved in designing over 200 logos for the major leagues in the past 10 years. Including the Rangers liberty mark NHL, Atlanta Thrashers, Wizards NBA, NJ Nets, Jacksonville Jaguars, MSG etc...] They call me the machine because I crank out hundreds of designs for every project.

:blink:

:blink:

Out of your 200 or so logos, how many are actually worthy of being considered a distinguishable logo? Out of the all the logos you've listed, I've bolded three that have glaring issues and are not that illustrative or creative.

I was hired by purepartner to design the helmet marks. I have been involved in designing over 200 logos for the major leagues in the past 10 years. Including the Rangers liberty mark NHL, Atlanta Thrashers, Wizards NBA, NJ Nets, Jacksonville Jaguars, MSG etc...

I take it that you're Patrick McDarby, correct? Of Pyramyd Designs? The logos you cite were all designs that you generated while working with SME Design, now SME Branding.

For anyone who is interested, you can check-out more of Mr. McDarby's sports-related work at:

http://www.pyramyddesigns.com/sportsbranding2.html

Specific team logo concepts can be seen at:

http://www.pyramyddesigns.com/localsport.html

Can't believe how mismatched Florida's helmet is from the jersey.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived