UFL Team Names & Logos

AJM

17055188.jpg

89886062.jpg

The frustrating thing is that if they'd just leave those stripes white, the ball would look pretty damned sharp.

You know, for kids!

Maybe 4 of us on the boards will get this. But I don't mind it, really. If I see one at the Target or Big Five, I'd pick one up for the little guy.

The Coens are awesome. Boni-fide, even.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
most of the text looks like Trade Gothic. The font for the numbers on the uniform looks like House Industries' United family.

http://www.houseind.com/fonts/unitedcollection

Is there a free font I can use that come close to this one?

Actually I found a font similar to House one: it's calles Allstar4, and you can find it free at dafont.com.

According to this article, the guys in charge of the redesign are Jeff Sofka (Bendigo Co.) and Ron Caruso (PurePartner). Supposedly, both have NFL experience. The article says Sofka was "integral part of the NFL?s throwback jersey initiative" and I believe the COO of the UFL claimed Caruso designed the Super Bowl XXVI logo, among other things.

My question is, does anyone know anything more about these guys, and what specifically they have designed in the past?

I dunno, I actually like the name Redwoods for a California based team. Locomotives isn't bad, although it doesn't really fit Las Vegas.

What the hell is a Tusker though??

It's a boar/pig. Take it for what it's worth.

I dunno, I actually like the name Redwoods for a California based team. Locomotives isn't bad, although it doesn't really fit Las Vegas.

Further evidence of Jim Haslett's inherent idiocy.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Further evidence of Jim Haslett's inherent idiocy.

By the end of his regime as Saints coach, we called him H :censored:....

"We root for the laundry"

(Jerome Seinfeld)

17055188.jpg

89886062.jpg

The frustrating thing is that if they'd just leave those stripes white, the ball would look pretty damned sharp.

You know, for kids!

Maybe 4 of us on the boards will get this. But I don't mind it, really. If I see one at the Target or Big Five, I'd pick one up for the little guy.

I'm MBurmy; years after this shuts down, I'll remember it so YOU won't have to!

bYhYmxh.png

NY_Sentinels6.jpg

i like the Sentinels look the best

What would result if Xbox fielded a football team.

1/3 of the team would have a red ring develop in the center of their helmet and stop working, while the rest of them would swear and toss out racial jokes and yell "pwn" when they make a mundane play?

EDIT: According to Game Informer (link), it'd be 54.2% of the team...

17055188.jpg

89886062.jpg

You know, for kids!

I'm MBurmy; years after this shuts down, I'll remember it so YOU won't have to!

I knew that quote had to be from the Nostalgia Critic, Of Course (another reference)

baltimoreravens.png

• 4 weeks later...

While not logos or names, the UFL just signed a deal with StubHub that puts the sponsor name on the front of the helmet (where the helmet manufacturer name normally goes):

As a Foundation Partner of the UFL, StubHub?s logo will be prominently displayed on the front bumper of the Florida Tuskers? helmet.
Source

Archived