Red Wings slight jersey change?

hecticbro

I just saw the pictures from the Wings' preseason opener against Philly and noticed that the players' names on the back of the jerseys aren't arced like they normally are. Is this permanent or some weird preseason thing?

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Site=C4&Date=20090916&Category=SPORTS05&ArtNo=909160805&Ref=PH&Params=Itemnr=1

Over/under for number of new threads about this is 4.5.

I'm taking the over!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I probably notice this every season then forget. Why do they do it? Is it really that complicated to arc the letters?

Arced letters are, presumably, more expensive.

There's no point in spending all that money on arced letters if some of the players aren't even going to be around for the regular season.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

In most cases, arced letters are direct sewn, whereas the cheap nameplates can be simply removed once the player gets cut.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I probably notice this every season then forget. Why do they do it? Is it really that complicated to arc the letters?

Arced letters are, presumably, more expensive.

There's no point in spending all that money on arced letters if some of the players aren't even going to be around for the regular season.

More expensive and much harder to do, since the longer your name and the different letters your name has all are somewhat different.

If my name starts with "A" and it's 4 letters long it's a much different A than if my name were 8-9 letters long and the "A" was in the middle...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

As soon as I saw the post title I knew what it was about, yet I still clicked on it.

It's an annual landmark of the passage of time, like the leaves changing colors, the sun going down a little sooner and

someone asking about the Red Wings straight name font.

Archived