Broncos to wear mustard yellow

J.R.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This comment is from a poster on the Broncos Message Board.

Good news sock lovers!

The clerk at the Dove Valley store told me today,2 weeks they are expecting a new shipment!

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Growing up in cold weather in the 70's, I can tell you with all certainty that the second they started making toques without those pom-poms on them, it was a great day for all.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Growing up in cold weather in the 70's, I can tell you with all certainty that the second they started making toques without those pom-poms on them, it was a great day for all.

I am with you there, buddy.

We always called the non-pom-pom version "watch caps."

LehQRaC.png

I haven't read the whole topic, but... Am I the only one who truly, 100% liked the old throwback uniforms? Brown has always made a great uniform color, and it's a real shame you hardly ever see it anymore. I even liked the striped socks... Sure, they're a bit goofy, but they're unique, and that's what you want in a uniform. I really see no reason the Broncos couldn't wear uniform colors like that in the modern era. But no, teams today think you have to have everything in black, red or blue. There's just no real variety anymore.

As a throwback, I loved them 100%.

Worn today, I love them 95%. Mostly for the color scheme.

I don't mind the colors yellow and brown for a color scheme. Hell, I've found the Wyoming Cowboys unis to be some of the best around for years. I'll even go as far as saying that the old Padres unis from way back when were a thing of beauty. I just think the design of the unis, especially the helmet were bad. I tried to like them but just couldn't. The helmet was downright awful! I understand they are "throwbacks" and thats fine, but even as throwbacks they were bad IMO. The socks were like a car wreck that I couldn't divert me eyes from. I saw Brandon Marshall's "socks" make some amazing catches that day, I don't know what the rest of him did. LOL!

I hope that these don't become Denver's version of the Jets' god awful Titans jerseys that they keep unneccesarily dragging out of the closet year after year.

Agreed. I can remember cutting the pom-poms off of them back in the 70s. I always felt guilty doing it to the ones that my mom used to knit.

Did somebody mention the Padres?

46330a.jpg

Man, I love that jersey.

What he said.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I haven't read the whole topic, but... Am I the only one who truly, 100% liked the old throwback uniforms? Brown has always made a great uniform color, and it's a real shame you hardly ever see it anymore. I even liked the striped socks... Sure, they're a bit goofy, but they're unique, and that's what you want in a uniform. I really see no reason the Broncos couldn't wear uniform colors like that in the modern era. But no, teams today think you have to have everything in black, red or blue. There's just no real variety anymore.

theres a few of us who like them. i love them too, socks and all. not sure if id want to see them all the time but at least twice a year (home and away). you raise a good point about the modern design era, but remember modern design is always good design. back in the 60s these wernt the most popular uniforms but they were good enough to by use by the team. same can be said for the NY Titans. those dull colors were what was considered good then. but no team will venture too far from the norm (there are exceptions like Oregon) except to honor their history.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

You've got it switched; toque with pompom = classic. Toque without pompom = burglar. Therefore, toque with pompom > toque without pompom, unless you have a particular fondness for looking like a burglar.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Ummmmm

What is so great about that Padres jersey?

Looks pretty typical to me...

Yup. I guess it's all about context.

If that jersey was unveiled today, there would be post after post about how plain, "generic", boring, etc. it was. Basically most of the stuff people said about the Rays new jersey when it came out.

But, since it was worn a long time ago, it's awesome. That's how it works here.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Ummmmm

If that jersey was unveiled today, there would be post after post about how plain, "generic", boring, etc. it was. Basically most of the stuff people said about the Rays new jersey when it came out.

I think some people can still tell the difference between "beautiful simplicity" and "plain, generic, and safe"....regardless of "how it works around here". (at least I know I can)

The Padres jersey works in so many ways, and it would work even if it were released today. The Rays jersey would be total crap in any era.

Ummmmm

I think some people can still tell the difference between "beautiful simplicity" and "plain, generic, and safe"....regardless of "how it works around here". (at least I know I can)

The Padres jersey works in so many ways, and it would work even if it were released today. The Rays jersey would be total crap in any era.

And not to further hyjack this thread, but the Rays went to an overused and unimaginitive color scheme (navy blue... yawn) while that fabulous Padres jersey imployed a great and truly unique color scheme, one that, and MLB, was their's alone. Someone remind me... what color do the Padres use now? Oh, yeah... navy.

Somebody wake me when the navy era of sports uniforms ends.

Archived