Maybe the worst "Worst" list ever

pheer

I disagree with quite a few on that list

Notre Dame Green, Delaware Football, Quebec Nordiques, Colorado Rockies (Hockey) do not belong on this list

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The fact that several of the images are actually of fashion jerseys which have never actually been worn by the teams indicates just how little the poster knows about his given subject.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

and that wyoming jersey isnt even a real jersey. its one of those fake fan jerseys, not even an alt or anything official. its about as official as those halloween uniforms we would wear as little kids (with the plastic helmets). they have that exact same jersey in different colors, just with a different logo slapped on the chest...

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

and that wyoming jersey isnt even a real jersey. its one of those fake fan jerseys. they have that exact same jersey in different colors, just with a different logo slapped on the chest...

Exactly! I just posted something to that effect on the "Total Pros" (sic) website....

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

and that wyoming jersey isnt even a real jersey. its one of those fake fan jerseys. they have that exact same jersey in different colors, just with a different logo slapped on the chest...

Exactly! I just posted something to that effect on the "Total Pros" (sic) website....

i see they took them out...problem is, they just replaced it with a different Wyoming jersey. that kind of takes the logic out of it doesn't it?

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

seahawks-lime-green-jerseys.jpg

I've already stated how I feel about these. See page 5 of this thread.

montreal-canadiens-heritage-jersey.jpg

No one can truly call this ugly and mean it, can they?

detroit-pistons-teal-jersey.jpg

A sentimental favorite as it is a part of my childhood, this jersey has an awesome color scheme, despite many traditionalists irrational hate of the color of the 90's: teal.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

i see they took them out...problem is, they just replaced it with a different Wyoming jersey. that kind of takes the logic out of it doesn't it?

The Wyoming uniform they now show is actually quite nice looking--much better than what they have now. Brown and gold are a unique color scheme, and I think the Pokes should stick to their guns and not switch just because people don't like their colors.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

detroit-pistons-teal-jersey.jpg

A sentimental favorite as it is a part of my childhood, this jersey has an awesome color scheme, despite many traditionalists irrational hate of the color of the 90's: teal.

My only problems with these are two fold really. One is that they are out of kilter with the historic look of the Pistons, and the other is that they are so clearly of their time. A real early 90s look. Great uniforms should always look good, even 20 years later.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Team Canada vintage "mustard" jersey? Nuh uh, get that off the list! This guy just has a personal problem with mustard/yellow.

Delware football's jerseys are not the most attractive I've seen, the colors are too bright to work well together, but it doesn't belong on this list, nor does half of the things he included.

HA! I loved looking through that list. Some of those old jerseys were a blast from the past.

I totally disagree with some of them though. That old Nordiques jersey is a thing of beauty. It just worked in so many ways. I also loved the old Notre Dame green jersey. What's wrong with simplicity????

All in all, the list is fairly good at picking out the eyesores, but some of them certainly don't belong on there IMO.

I, for one, LOVE that Gorton's Fisherman Islanders jersey. LOVE IT!!!

*ducks*

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

For my lists of the ugliest jerseys:

Montreal Canadien Heritage

Chicago White Sox collared jerseys (early 80's)

Vancouver Canucks "V" jerseys the same one ESPN picked as the ugliest of all time

Any team that decides to wear gold as primary color for their uniforms-

Georgia Tech

Vanderbilt

Purdue

Nashville Predators

San Diego Padres

Seattle Seahawks green jersey doesn't fit in with the navy helmet, if they wore this jersey 15-20 years with the silver helmet and pants then it wouldn't have been bad

Ones that I think shouldn't be on the list that everyone else does:

San Diego Padres brown and gold the 70's and early 80's

Notre Dame Green Jerseys

Houston Astros (70's and 80's)

Orlando Thunder (WAFL/NFL Europe) day glo Green jerseys

The Milwaukee Bucks team colors (purple and dark green) totally sucked, but the colors made the uniforms look bad not just the uniforms themselves.

The photos they used of the Canada Mustard jersey, Nordiques, Kings, Islanders and Mighty Ducks are all my photos of my jerseys taken from my webshots page.

I must have really crappy taste in jerseys...

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Eh, I don't think that list is so bad. There is a lot of love for oddball uniforms on the CCSLC, but I can see why someone could legitimately hate almost all of the uniforms on the list.

Hockey Rockies: Using all 3 primary colors is always a gamble.

Notre Dame: Their colors are blue and gold, that jersey is green. I can see why this would irk some people.

Nordiques: GREAT jersey template. :censored: logo.

Canadiens and Astros throwbacks: too trippy.

Any jersey that's lime green, yellow, brown, creamsicle, etc: odd colors are always going to get a love/hate reaction. This guy's clearly on the hate side.

I love a lot of these uniforms, but they all definitely have features that make them qualify as controversial, if not flat-out ugly.

The only ones I don't get:

Oregon basketball: I'm guessing that people are so used to Oregon's crazy football uniforms that they just assume the basketball uniforms are ugly too, without looking to notice that those were actually pretty conservative.

Delaware. Delaware? WTF?

Okay, that Colorado Hockey Rockies jersey is one of my favorite hockey looks of all time. I feel like the list compiler just hates brighter colors. He is probably pretty proud of himself for making that list, though.

Archived