Division 1 College Conference Realignment

dfwabel

:flagcanada:

McGill to the Ivy League?!?! Or the University of Toronto to the Big East?!?! I can't wait to see what this rumor amounts to :P

In other reel-line-mint news, word's coming out that UConn was to be the 2nd ACC invite with Syracuse, but that move was struck down by no other than Boston College. Still no love lost between those two from the 2004 ACC raid it looks like

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

With Missouri currently not having enough votes to be invited to the SEC, I have a hunch that the SEC is going to reach out to Oklahoma one more time and see just how committed they are to the Big XII.

OU would still bring up the issues that Alabama has with adding another school in the west and making them have choose between playing Auburn and playing Tennessee on a yearly basis. Not to mention OU and Okie State are pretty much joined at the hip.

With Missouri currently not having enough votes to be invited to the SEC, I have a hunch that the SEC is going to reach out to Oklahoma one more time and see just how committed they are to the Big XII.

OU would still bring up the issues that Alabama has with adding another school in the west and making them have choose between playing Auburn and playing Tennessee on a yearly basis. Not to mention OU and Okie State are pretty much joined at the hip.

The easy solution is to have both Alabama and Auburn go to the East, move Vanderbilt to the West, and Alabama gets to keep Tennessee and Auburn, not to mention resume playing Georgia and Florida annually.

The easy solution is to have both Alabama and Auburn go to the East, move Vanderbilt to the West, and Alabama gets to keep Tennessee and Auburn, not to mention resume playing Georgia and Florida annually.

That splits Vanderbilt from Tennessee and Florida. I don't see Vandy approving of that at all.

That splits Vanderbilt from Tennessee and Florida. I don't see Vandy approving of that at all.

Vandy can go suck eggs as far as the rest of the SEC is concerned.

/They'll just become Tennessee's designated rival.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

No matter how bad their football program is, they still have a vote just like the other 11 12 members.

McGill to the Ivy League?!?! Or the University of Toronto to the Big East?!?! I can't wait to see what this rumor amounts to :P

In other reel-line-mint news, word's coming out that UConn was to be the 2nd ACC invite with Syracuse, but that move was struck down by no other than Boston College. Still no love lost between those two from the 2004 ACC raid it looks like

Why in the hell does BC have so much pull. They have done nothing in the ACC. Who cares if they're in the Boston media market either.

Why in the hell does BC have so much pull. They have done nothing in the ACC. Who cares if they're in the Boston media market either.

Who cares about the Boston market? My guess is the ACC cares.

I really am having a hard time figuring out what the SEC is doing. I'm not sure how its going to cause so much more problems inviting a 14th member as opposed to operating with 13. Especially when it comes to a school like Mizzou who has the same style of football play, who brings in a solid football program and probably will be one of their best basketball programs. They wouldn't be stealing Mizzou from the Big 10, but it would definitely open up a new market to the SEC, especially with the Mizzou/Nebraska rivalry.

My only guess could be that, internally, the SEC feels that if they expand to 14, then the Big 10 and the Pac 12 will try expanding to 14, and maybe beyond. If that's the case, I think they are worried about losing Texas and Oklahoma to the Pac 12. Or, they want to try and sell members 14, 15 and 16 to Texas, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

No matter how bad their football program is, they still have a vote just like the other 11 12 members.

"And with a vote of 12-1, the motion passes."

/You'd likely see more concern from Florida and Georgia about introducing both Alabama schools into their division. Murderer's row y'all.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

According to the Boston Globe, the Big Least is considering adding Boise State, Air Force, and Navy for football only. Temple and UCF would be added in all sports.

If this happens, I hope it's just a stepping stone to the Big 12 (like what happened with TCU).

Now its just getting ridiculous. If that is the direction this realignment is going to take place, then what is the point of even having conferences?

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

According to the Boston Globe, the Big Least is considering adding Boise State, Air Force, and Navy for football only. Temple and UCF would be added in all sports.

If this happens, I hope it's just a stepping stone to the Big 12 (like what happened with TCU).

Now its just getting ridiculous. If that is the direction this realignment is going to take place, then what is the point of even having conferences?

It's just their last ditch effort to maintain their BCS AQ status. May it fail miserably.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

It's just their last ditch effort to maintain their BCS AQ status. May it fail miserably.

Ai

Obviously... but wouldn't it almost be better to try and pick up some MAC schools that going out to Boise State and Air Force? I mean, are they really thinking that flying across the country can maintain conference stability?

Ai

Obviously... but wouldn't it almost be better to try and pick up some MAC schools that going out to Boise State and Air Force? I mean, are they really thinking that flying across the country can maintain conference stability?

MAC schools aren't going to help them retain AQ status when it runs out in 2 years. After the 2013-14 season, they'll basically be reevaluated. These schools give them a better chance at saying an AQ conference, however I think they're gonna end up losing Louisville, Cincinnati and UWV to probably the Big XII, maybe UWV to the SEC if they go 16, and even possibly USF to the Big XII. So I think they're gonna end up losing they're AQ status or folding as a football conference altogether.

I guess it really is a last-ditch effort of a dead conference. Going down to 5 AQ Conferences might be exactly what the BCS was hoping for. 5 major conferences for 5 major bowl games.

Ai

MAC schools aren't going to help them retain AQ status when it runs out in 2 years. After the 2013-14 season, they'll basically be reevaluated. These schools give them a better chance at saying an AQ conference, however I think they're gonna end up losing Louisville, Cincinnati and UWV to probably the Big XII, maybe UWV to the SEC if they go 16, and even possibly USF to the Big XII. So I think they're gonna end up losing they're AQ status or folding as a football conference altogether.

What is UWV?

6fQjS3M.png