NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

Also a note: the logos on the jerseys are now (from info I heard) are the same as the on ice jerseys.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In regards to moisture wick technology. That technology went by the wayside on the authentics about a month and a half into the Edge jersey failure. They went back to the airknit material where that moisture wick material was. So what is in the stores as "authentic" is not. What was so great about the replicas before was that it looked fairly similar to the authentics. Now, those teams who have shoulder yolks (i.e. San Jose) the cut is so far off its noticeable. The league should get with Reebok to create replica and authentic jerseys that are way more accurate to the real thing including stitched shoulder patches.

If an Edge Authentic has an RBK tag, it has the weirdo fabric. If it has a Reebok tag, it's airknit. I've seen them side-by-side on racks.

This is correct.

Also a note: the logos on the jerseys are now (from info I heard) are the same as the on ice jerseys.

Do you mean on the replicas? I have not heard nor seen any info to this effect. I certaintly hope it's true though.

In regards to moisture wick technology. That technology went by the wayside on the authentics about a month and a half into the Edge jersey failure. They went back to the airknit material where that moisture wick material was. So what is in the stores as "authentic" is not. What was so great about the replicas before was that it looked fairly similar to the authentics. Now, those teams who have shoulder yolks (i.e. San Jose) the cut is so far off its noticeable. The league should get with Reebok to create replica and authentic jerseys that are way more accurate to the real thing including stitched shoulder patches.

If an Edge Authentic has an RBK tag, it has the weirdo fabric. If it has a Reebok tag, it's airknit. I've seen them side-by-side on racks.

This is correct.

Do you mean on the replicas? I have not heard nor seen any info to this effect. I certaintly hope it's true though.

He may have been referring to the practice jerseys.

The replicas DO NOT have the same crests as the authentics. Just look at the new Leafs' jerseys... twill print shoulder patches like they have been for the past few years and a glued on crest.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

This is correct.

He may have been referring to the practice jerseys.

The replicas DO NOT have the same crests as the authentics. Just look at the new Leafs' jerseys... twill print shoulder patches like they have been for the past few years and a glued on crest.

The crests on the practice jerseys is much smaller than the game jerseys.

And replicas most definitely do not have the same crests and patches as the Authentics.

4114313717_ee13929eec_o.png

I recently received a Caps e-newsletter and noticed that the marketing slogan they are going with now is "Building America's Hockey Capital". The Caps previous slogan, "Rock The Red", was overly effective as they managed to get rocked the last few seasons at home in Game 7s (the only exception being the Game 7 victory against the Rangers).

Here's the header from the e-newsletter:

CapsNewSlogan.jpg

Demondg: I was referencing the practice jerseys are now the same as the game jerseys. The replicas are still the same sadly.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

By tag, do you mean the one in the back of the collar or the one that hangs from the sleeve while it's still at the store? Also, by airknit, you're referring to that airknit fabric that all pre-EDGE authentics (and even replicas) were made from, right? Although, if I'm not mistaken, while the authentic jerseys have moved back to the airknit, it's not used everywhere on the jersey (like the underarm panels).

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I didn't want to start a whole new topic for this question so I'll pose it here.

I'm looking to purchase my first edge authentic jersey and I'd like to know what size would be best for me. I don't want a baggy jersey, instead would like it to fit like a large shirt. I'm 5'11 and about 180.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I didn't want to start a whole new topic for this question so I'll pose it here.

I'm looking to purchase my first edge authentic jersey and I'd like to know what size would be best for me. I don't want a baggy jersey, instead would like it to fit like a large shirt. I'm 5'11 and about 180.

I'm about your size and I have two that are 52 and fit nice, but the sleeves are a little long and it hangs by my butt. Hope that helps a bit.

KISSwall09.jpg

I'm 5'11", 195, and a 52 fits nicely on the arms, chest, and sides. But it blouses out like hell in the back. I tried out a 50 and it was too tight on me, but that was back when I was 215. I'd say try one on before you buy, if at all possible.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Before you buy one on the web, go to a store that sells jerseys, find one that you think fits well, and write down the size. I got my Canucks Sundin jersey one size bigger on purpose just because when I wear it, it looks like an CCM jersey from a few years back.

From what I've heard:

ANAHEIM - Are you ready for an orange jersey?

BUFFASLUGBUFFALO: The unofficial uniform for the University of California Santa Cruz Banana Slugs is no more

DALLAS - I keep hearing the Stars "road" jersey is discontinued and the third jersey is the permanent road.

EDMONTON - Either alteration of the current home and road uniforms or going back to the 80's style third jersey as the home and a complimentary road jersey.

MINNESOTA - The striped pants are gone. The team is discontinuing the wordmark that was unveiled before the official logo. Not sure if something else is replacing it. Doubtful that it will be the M in the jersey on the third jersey. The greens on everything will hopefully be all the same. As you can tell with the pants, they now have two different greens.

NY ISLANDERS - Team going with third jersey full time at home, a new road jersey coming to compliment it.

PHILADELPHIA - Going with the Winter Classic jerseys full time on the road.

Any changes for the Tampa Bay Lightning? Their unis are BO-RING! except for the blue 3rd jersey

PITTSBURGH - Are you ready for the gold version of their third jersey?

SAN JOSE - Rumor has it they will drop the front numbers as there will be no other teams with them on.

TORONTO - Adding stripes to the bottom of home and away jerseys. Rumor has it that a combo of 90's leaf alternate patch and 2000's TML patch.

VANCOUVER - Third jersey, new primary home jersey. At least road jersey crest changing, perhaps complimentary road jersey.

There's one more set that needs fixing, The Lightning. While I like the logo, nema and number fonts, the jerseys need a makeover. I'm working on a design which should suit them better. The 3rd jersey I like,btw.

I really hope not. I mean if it had some sort of historical significance then I might understand but they never used that nameplate with those jerseys. Using a white nameplate with black letters won't make the jersey perfect, but it will look much better than it did this year.

The 2011 ASG logo will be unveiled today at 1:30 pm.

Blah.

Yeah, that hurts my eyes. Does the NHL ever put its own logo in the same perspective as anything else in the same logo? Also, what other Raleigh are we going to confuse the one in NC with? Doesn't the logo usually just have the city name and not the city/state combination?

Edited to add: 1989 was the last time to use both city/state or, in this case, province:

http://www.sportslog...th2osdxuq2tf6g3

Archived