NHL 2010-2011

wesdog82

And seeing as they ran through most of their old designs in the past 2 seasons, it would be kind of hard to break out something that hasn't been seen in a long time.

Had the Flames decided to go with primarily-black Tigers tributes, the Habs could have busted out their 1924 jerseys:

Canadiens04.png

Not too different from what they wear now, but different enough to sell, and it's one that didn't show up during the centennial festivities.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, nothing "classic" for Montreal?

Aren't the Habs already wearing classic uniforms?

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, but not "Heritage Classic" classic.

The current Canadiens white design dates back to 1941. How much more classic can you get?

Most of their other older designs, as OMMF pointed out, have been used as part of their 100th Anniversary celebration. The only viable option would have been the 1924 variant Sodboy posted, but that won't work as the Flames have opted to go with a red faux-back.

No surprise here concerning the Flames. They already tributed the 1989 Cup winning team by bringing back the vintage red, so digging deeper back is the way to go. I love what they came up with. A beautiful fauxback and the beige shorts completes the look.

The Canadiens could have done a bit more than just use their old numbers, but that look is what I've seen growing up so I'll deal with it. Particularly, Scott Gomez with his #11 makes me think of Kirk Muller and the old team.

Seeing the jerseys in a much better picture makes me want one even more.

And have to love the Heritage Classic crest. When it comes to the NHL and it's event logos they come up with are top notch. Captured Calgary brilliantly just maybe the river should have been flowing the other way.

The City has changed since this picture was taken.

calgary.jpg

But it's such a minor thing so it's not a big deal.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

The Habs jersey would be classic if it had a lace up. Unlike the flames cheap fauxback, the habs uniform would look better WITH one.

I see the Flames' jersey and McMahon stadium as the beginning of the end for throwback jerseys and the Heritage Classic. The Flames just don't get it. They have no clue how to market this event and they don't care at all about overexposing it.

The Winter classic is purely about the aesthetics. Fact is neither McMahon stadium nor these uniforms will look good on TV.

Those Flames jerseys are gunning for the ugliest uniforms in the history of the NHL and they were put together very hastily. They do nothing to honour the Tigers and they look like nothing more than an obvious money grab. Those jerseys and I dare say the Flames current management are the opposite of classy.

[2011 Heritage Classic Logo]

There we go...I'd debate going to this game if I weren't an accountant and didn't have only 6 total days off between Jan 3 and April 15th.

FML.

What, no "sick" days?

I wish...but there are no such things when you're working 70 hour weeks, for real illness or hooky reasons.

I had a 102 or a couple days last February...it was the most miserable thing ever.

That's why I'm hoping to go to grad school in 2011 and end up in a private firm where that sort of thing never happens.

I've always wanted to follow the Rangers on a Western Canada trip...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Archived