College Football Uniforms 2010-2011

Brave-Bird 08

BIG EAST

Next comes the conference of eclecticness (if that's a word). Whole lot of, well, "distinctive" looks here. For the longest time, I've favored West Virginia's look. Always found it genius hwo the jersey stripes/inserts/whatever-they-are resembled a letter "W". They probably do the best job of making navy and saffron look good together. And I love their numbers. However...last year, Nike revamped what already was probably the second-best modern look and actually made it look better...and it might have taken me all of two weeks to fall in love with it:

4921586.jpg

This ain't the best photo, but those uniforms are damn-near eyegasmic. This is a prefect example of how one-color-and-white is supposed to be done. And of the 4 or 5 schools that utilize the Armada-ish font, UConn does it the best. Love all their combos, as well.

Just curious, where would USF rank in the Big East if their helmets didn't completely ruin the set? Based on your opinions on other "unique" aspects of number fonts and small details, I would think pretty high...no?

You hit it right on the head...if USF do something about those helmets (namely just forgetting that the white ones exist), and brighten up that green a little (it CAN be done)...then yes, I'd probably have USF in the top tier of the Big East. Having said that, the numbers bug the mess out of me, and its because of the "mitre" points in them--not to mention I ain't the biggest fan of Serpentine, though I don't completely hate it. That said, it does instantly identify them as South Florida, so they serve their purpose that way.

And bruschi...to be real, the mismatched gold thing is something I looked over long ago. It irks me some, yes, but the rest of the uniform is what really caught me. Like I said, I don't know what it was about those upon first sight, but I was hooked from the word "go"...though I will say, Iowa State's look is fast climbing up that list of mine. (And actually, I think either Connecticut or Temple might soon overtake both as my new favorite.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Ming, do you know if BYU is going to stick with navy against Utah, or are they going to be wearing a road throwback with the royal blue this year against the Utes?

Word in the forums is that BYU is going to go all white for the Utah game in SLC. BYU-Utah should be a match-up where both schools should wear colored jerseys (they could specify one team must wear white pants, with the home team choosing).

Sorry, I know quoting oneself is poor form, but apparently beginning next year, BYU and Utah will both be wearing colored jerseys (I don't know if that changes the BYU in all-white on Saturday rumor or not). Anyway, I couldn't find a "College Football Uniforms 2011-12" thread to post this in.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Those Miami uniforms are some of the ugliest things I have ever seen. Green and orange don't go well together. It works better with white helmets and either white jerseys or white numbers, when one or both colors are relegated to trim. But with no white to be found, the orange and green look like somebody threw up carrots and broccoli.

I couldn't disagree more. Green and Orange is probably my favorite color combo.

image1.png

(My favorite super-hero BTW)

A little Devil's advocate here...is green an official color of ND or is it navy/gold? You don't see green on the home or away set, yet you have a green alternate. People love the green and the look, yet if it's not on their current set (or maybe an official color, because I don't know) why is this acceptable, but black isn't when teams do it? Just curious. I think it looks good and fits the "Irish" nickname.

The original official colors of ND were Madonna Blue (similar to the Detroit Lions' blue) and Papal Gold, but they've never used them for athletics (Faust tried and failed). They now use navy and gold for everything academic, but I'm not sure whether they officially changed the school colors. So to answer your question, no, green is not an "official" color, but it is a traditional color, as they've used it for at least 80 years.

In regards to my reply, its part of there logo sheet/style guide, thats why I consider it an official color.

U. of Notre Dame Institutional colors:

NotreDameUOf_INS_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

Athletic colors:

NotreDameUOf_ATH_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

So yes - Green (two versions actually) is an official athletics color.

Hey Ming, do you know if BYU is going to stick with navy against Utah, or are they going to be wearing a road throwback with the royal blue this year against the Utes?

Word in the forums is that BYU is going to go all white for the Utah game in SLC. BYU-Utah should be a match-up where both schools should wear colored jerseys (they could specify one team must wear white pants, with the home team choosing).

Sorry, I know quoting oneself is poor form, but apparently beginning next year, BYU and Utah will both be wearing colored jerseys (I don't know if that changes the BYU in all-white on Saturday rumor or not). Anyway, I couldn't find a "College Football Uniforms 2011-12" thread to post this in.

No worries - thank you for the update! The blue of BYU vs. red of Utah is one of the best looking games in college football. Glad to hear they're going to home jerseys...however, the game will be played in September 2011 with the realignment, right?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Okay...I was going to wait until after the last week of the regular season to do this...but we're pretty much at it now, and have seen just about every college football uniform there is out there. And I didn't really see the point in creating a new thread for this...

You could have easily done a separate thread. Members would agree or disagree with your list and post their own Top 10 unis from this season of college football.

CONFERENCE USA

...and of course, there's Tulane...one of the most unique color combos in all of sports, one of the better sets in the nation.

And thanks for showing some love to Tulane. Roll Wave!

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

No worries - thank you for the update! The blue of BYU vs. red of Utah is one of the best looking games in college football. Glad to hear they're going to home jerseys...however, the game will be played in September 2011 with the realignment, right?

Yeah, though I'd like to see the game played on the same weekend as the USC-Notre Dame game in October (South Bend) or November (LA). After all, theoretically, some team in the Pac 12 will either have a bye or non-conference game that weekend anyway. Why not free up Utah for a big rivalry game with BYU...

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Probably doesn't mean much but some football players in my writing class were talking today about unis, they said they heard that since oregon state will wear throwbacks then we will wear some too. Whether or not it'd be the green ones we wore last year or a white version remains to be seen.

I've been predicting this happening since I heard OSU will go throwback. I'd love to see green vs. black though

Both West Virginia and Pitt's unis looked solid. And at least this time the accents showed up on these. They weren't as subtle as Florida's helmet and Bama's houndstooth stripes and numbers. I'd almost say Pitt could switch to these helmets but I'm sure that would not go over well with fans. Especially sicne they got beat pretty good in them. I'd like to see West Virginia go to these uni's full time, but with navy blue replacing the charcoal and the numbers being one solid color. I think they'd be smart to keep the helmet stripes as well since it breaks up the monotany of a plain blue shell

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I am definitely not feeling Oregon's combo tonight. Green helmet, green jersey, steel pants. And a lot of players have long black socks which make it look even worse. It's definitely better than these though.

Oregon's uniform combo tonight would look a lot better with grey facemasks.

I am definitely not feeling Oregon's combo tonight. Green helmet, green jersey, steel pants. And a lot of players have long black socks which make it look even worse. It's definitely better than these though.

Or burning in a large bonfire.

Does anyone have a list of the uniform combinations Virginia Tech has worn this year?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

:lol:What's the point of those Oregon jerseys with nameplates that are the same color as the jersey fabric. It's a waste of $$.

agreed

procombat2.png

Firstly...I fail to understand the point of the number adornment. On the whole, though, not nearly as bad as some of the other "specialized" Pro Combat uniforms we've seen this season.

Second, check that helmet script. As soon as I saw that, I instantly knew where I saw that "font" before:

Well...right here.

It ain't like Nike hasn't recycled things before (check the Armada treatment of Oregon State, Connecticut, and Florida State's promotional pieces)...just figured I'd point that out.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived