Where will Lee Land?

ltjets21

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And here I thought this was going to be about esteemed member, moderator, and all-around cool guy Lee. It seems like it's about time for another of his mid-life crises and cross-continent relocations. The last one took him from Winnipeg to Vancouver, so it would need to be another upgrade of similar nature. My money is on San Diego.

As for that other guy, the hot topic seems to be that the Yankees are willing to give up one of their super catching prospects for him. I think that depends on how Vazquez and Burnett pitch going forward. I don't know how many more years Posada has, but someone is going to need to take over for him.

Talk is also heating up that the Mets are interested.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Dang I clicked on this thinking our own Lee was floating in the air on one of those lawn chairs with the helium baloons or hanging out with baloon boy.

As for Cliff Lee I want him on the Mets, but only if the price is right they cant give up too much for him now especially since he desires to taste the Free Agency market. However, if he is willing to sign an extention the Mets should do what they can, but only if they can get him beyond this year.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Or the Twins could trade their catching prospect they have. I wouldn't mind him in Minnesota, as it'd help keep the White Sox and Tigers out of the playoffs.

I don't know. He's relying too much on his sinker, his fast ball is gone, and Laminger's arm hasn't been the same since "GroupieGate" three years ago.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

I don't think the Yankees will get him...they have bigger needs (like a major-league bat for the bench).

I think the front-runners would be: 1. Twins (for Ramos & Baker), 2. Mets (Mejia or Thole), 3. Cardinals (Miller), 4. Rangers (Perez), and a darkhorse would be the Rays (Hellickson).

Don't count out the Phillies... just sayin'.

FWIW, ownership / GM have been under fire all season for dumping him, and have never ruled out trying to reacquire him. Their worst nightmare would be for him to end up on the Mets.

I'll never in a million years understand why they just got rid of him for essentially nothing.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

As much as it pains me to say, because this team has the money, because this team wants everybody they can get.... The Yankees.

They have a solid rotation...well, when Burnett and Vazquez decide to show you.

Unless one of those guys are thrown in, I don't see them adding Lee to:

Sabathia

Petitte

Hughes

Burnett

Vazquez

One of them will have to exit and no way it's one of the first three on the list.

87Redskins.png

The Yankees may not get him this year or next year, but they will eventually. The Reason: How old is Pettite now, 40? Soon enough he'll retire, (unless he pulls a Moyer, which I doubt.) and by then Lee will probably still be a dominant pitcher and the Yankees will still have the money to get him when his contract with another team is up. It hurts me to talk about the Yankees getting good players, but the team with the most money always gets the guy they want.

applogosig15.pngapplogosig13.pngapplogosig14.png

The first non-banned member of ther CCSLC to post in The Ugliest Bathroom.

I believe the Yankees have said they may go after Lee in the offseason but they don't want to raid the farm system to get him in a trade. The lack of a trade for Sabathia when he ultimately went to Milwaukee was cited as precedent.

As for why Philly traded him, the response I've gotten when asking Philly fans is that Lee got traded to free up room for extensions for position players as well as to get some prospects back they sent away in the Halladay deal. I still don't buy this logic but that's the story I've heard.

As for where he could go of the previously mentioned teams:

Philly- Maybe a season rental, I can't see them locking him up considering his rate and their financial commitments coming up.

St. Louis- Season rental, with what they're paying Holliday and going to have to pay Pujols, I don't see them trying to lock-up Lee.

Mets- totally possible. They're in the race and have no problem tossing money around it seems, rotation needs help and a 1-2 of Santana-Lee would be great.

Rangers- would they get hamstrung by the ownership situation? I think they would go for an extension to complete the deal.

Rays- Season rental perhaps, I think there's been too much talk of them letting players they already have walk at the end of the year because they can't pay them. Would they let Crawford walk to sign Lee with how good their staff is already?

Mets- totally possible. They're in the race and have no problem tossing money around it seems, rotation needs help and a 1-2 of Santana-Lee would be great.

I think it would be Lee-Santana.

applogosig15.pngapplogosig13.pngapplogosig14.png

The first non-banned member of ther CCSLC to post in The Ugliest Bathroom.

Archived