2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, what intensity in Tucson. Arizona State playing for a bowl bid (they'll be 6-6), I hope they get it.

The formal appeal is tomorrow, but even if they win tonight, most think they won't get it, unfortunately.

WHat need of an appeal? 6-6 is bowl eligible!

They played 2 FCS schools, will.

I think he drew you "offside" twice.

This game did not matter as there are 70 eligible teams already. LA Tech, Middle Tennessee, Oregon State and Washington can earn eligibility if they win their final games this week.

Now will Zendejas and Brotzman now form a Facebook friendship (or suicide pact)?

Seriously this is embarassing! 4th and 1 late in the game, we can't get! 2 extra points blocked! Not to mention he kicked it out with 27 seconds left, at least the Devils couldn't do anything. :cursing: Zendejas!

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

That fourth quarter PI was bull :censored:. That's all I'm going to say.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

What bowl picture? You guys aren't going to win the appeal.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Apparently Colorado has offered Jon Embree (current Redskins assistant coach, former CU assistant coach and TE for Buffs during the mid 1980's) the head coaching job. This according to a Denver Post website article where they spoke with Bill McCartney. The athletic department of CU says there has been no offer made yet to anyone but they expect to make an offer to the candidate of their choice within the week.

Other rumors are also saying that he will bring Eric Bieniemy (one of the other candidates that interviewed for the job) along as the new offensive coordinator. If the rumors are true, Jon Embree will be the first African American coach in Colorado University history.

Denver Post Article

gbaCXZn.png

Umm... wow. This is twice in the past week where big games have been lost by kickers.

I wouldn't exactly call the Arizona State-Arizona matchup a "big game".....

To ASU-UofA people it is. Additionally, there's a slight chance ASU goes to a bowl because of this game, and i repeat slight, and additionally it could make a difference on where UofA goes for their bowl game.

Oh, and if you consider Georgia-Florida or Georgia-Tech a big game, then you have to consider ASU-UofA a big game.

6fQjS3M.png

What bowl picture? You guys aren't going to win the appeal.

Totally fine with me...ASU lost some close games this year, but no better way to end the year.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Hence why I said it didn't change anything. Enjoy the Alamo bowl. Try not to get embarrassed this time.

Mwahahahahaaaaa...

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

"Groban-gate"

Fighting back tears, a choked-up Rich Rodriguez delivered a straight-from-the-heart speech Thursday night amidst rumors that he may be fired following the Wolverines’ bowl game, saying that he was “honored to be the head coach at the University of Michigan. I hope you realize I truly want to be a Michigan man.” If he had left the groveling at just that, especially with his boss, athletic director David Brandon, sitting a few feet away, it might’ve been fine, even poignant. But he didn’t. And it wasn’t.

I understand wanting to keep your job, but still…

He said he had found some solace in the lyrics of the Josh Groban song “You Raise Me Up.”

He read the first verse of lyrics aloud.

“This may seem kind of cheesy or sappy or what have you, but I’ve been listening to it the last few weeks, and it kind of fits the mood of what we’re in right now,” Rodriguez said.

Speakers in the ballroom then played the song for the team’s 21 departing seniors and several hundred others gathered in the ballroom.

As the song concluded, Rodriguez grabbed the hands of his wife, Rita, and the night’s emcee, Frank Beckmann, and raised them above his head.

Several seconds passed before others on the dais, including Brandon and the entire Wolverines team, followed suit.

RichRod tugs at the the heartstrings as Bo rolls over

That is a fireable offense.

For some reason the phrase "cry me a river" comes to mind.

ASU-AZ1.jpg

Karma is a bitch. B)

Don't you just love it :P, anyway, i'm hungover, excited and ready for another year, sucks to be you Arizona, Bow Down

For some reason the phrase "cry me a river" comes to mind.

ASU-AZ1.jpg

Karma is a bitch. B)

Don't you just love it :P, anyway, i'm hungover, excited and ready for another year, sucks to be you Arizona, Bow Down

Quote for :censored: ing truth.

I was supposed to have class this morning... Oh, well :P

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The frustrating thing is that this is not the first game Zendejas has blown for us. Last year against Oregon, he missed a 30 yarder which was the difference.(And Cats would be in the Rose Bowl) This has to be one of the most disappointing years ever in Wildcat football history. I remember telling my dad that they should do what the Vanadals did last year against Bowling Green and go for 2 on that play. I swear that last block was VERY low.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Archived