2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

Les Miles is the craziest gotdamn coach in the SEC (& probably in the nation since Mike Leach is currently busy being drunk in the booth). The Hat did it again. How the HELL does this team keep winning games?!?!?! :wacko::wacko:

He happens to win. He even scored 30 points today and Gary Gary Crowton is really bad since the Bears, BYU, and Oregon yet Gary cannot work with better talent at the college level.

The Hurricanes are now done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=eNEz-GeANXA&feature=related

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Upon further thought, I'm calling my shot.

LSU's losing to McNeese State next week.

IT'S THE ONLY THING THAT MAKES SENSE!!!!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

1) McElroy held the ball for too long.

That's an understatement - he was sacked seven times. I won't spoil the team's other glaring mistakes as they'll all be on display when you finally watch the game.

You say McElroy would struggle against Boise's aggressive defense, wouldn't that open up holes for the rushing game?

One would think, but Boise also did about as good of a job as you can hope for in shutting down Ryan Williams (44 yards) and the Rodgers brothers (46 yards for Jacquizz, 16 for James) - all very good backs. I'm not convinced that Trent Richardson is that much better than them.

It's one thing to be able to beat a really good team once or a twice a year, but when you have to do it 5 or 6 times in an SEC schedule it's a whole different story.

There aren't five good teams in the SEC. Ole Miss, Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia, and Vandy suck as usual, Florida is spiraling out of control, Mississippi State may as well not exist, and LSU is the luckiest team in recent memory. That leaves Auburn, Arkansas, Alabama, and South Carolina as the concretely good teams in the conference. Boise has already played VT and Oregon State, and ranked Nevada is coming up as well. That's three quality opponents as opposed to the SEC's four. Not such a stretch after all, if you really think about it.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Les Miles is the craziest gotdamn coach in the SEC (& probably in the nation since Mike Leach is currently busy being drunk in the booth). The Hat did it again. How the HELL does this team keep winning games?!?!?! :wacko::wacko:

He happens to win. He even scored 30 points today and Gary Gary Crowton is really bad since the Bears, BYU, and Oregon yet Gary cannot work with better talent at the college level.

qjogq_medium.gif

There aren't five good teams in the SEC.

1qsf13.jpg

And you were doing so well, lately.

Auburn... Alabama... South Carolina... Arkansas... who would be the fifth good team in your opinion, TFoA? I guess looking at the conference overall, LSU would be the fifth by default, but their signature wins include squeaking out wins against woeful Tennessee and a bad Florida team.

I thought we had pretty much all accepted that the SEC isn't as dominant as in previous years, so I'm not really sure how that was a stupid comment.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Do you have even the slightest idea of what you're trying to say? That post reads like you just threw a bunch of words together. Even when it looks like you might make a little sense you still aren't making sense. Les Miles didn't score any points today. His team did. Les was on the sidelines. At least he was when I was watching. "...and Gary Gary Crowton (The coach so nice they named him twice?) is really bad since the Bears, BYU, and Oregon yet Gary cannot work with better talent at the college level." :blink: What is that supposed to mean? "...is really bad since the Bears, BYU, and Oregon..." Huh?

I'm going to suggest something wild and innovative for you. How about you read your posts a couple times before you hit add reply? Or is it possible that this gibberish actually makes sense in your head?

BB52Big.jpg

That's an understatement - he was sacked seven times. I won't spoil the team's other glaring mistakes as they'll all be on display when you finally watch the game.

You say McElroy would struggle against Boise's aggressive defense, wouldn't that open up holes for the rushing game?

One would think, but Boise also did about as good of a job as you can hope for in shutting down Ryan Williams (44 yards) and the Rodgers brothers (46 yards for Jacquizz, 16 for James) - all very good backs. I'm not convinced that Trent Richardson is that much better than them.

It's one thing to be able to beat a really good team once or a twice a year, but when you have to do it 5 or 6 times in an SEC schedule it's a whole different story.

There aren't five good teams in the SEC. Ole Miss, Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia, and Vandy suck as usual, Florida is spiraling out of control, Mississippi State may as well not exist, and LSU is the luckiest team in recent memory. That leaves Auburn, Arkansas, Alabama, and South Carolina as the concretely good teams in the conference. Boise has already played VT and Oregon State, and ranked Nevada is coming up as well. That's three quality opponents as opposed to the SEC's four. Not such a stretch after all, if you really think about it.

Actually, if you really think about it, it is quite a bit of a stretch. The "bad" SEC teams are all much better than the "bad" teams in the WAC. You don't seriously believe that playing Georgia or Tennessee is the same as playing New Mexico State and Utah State do you? Any one of the "bad" SEC teams you mentioned would stomp the dog- :censored: out of the "bad" WAC teams. Nice try but you aren't going to convince anyone that Boise State is playing the same level of conference competition that any SEC team plays.

Let the season play out dude. If Boise State runs the table they'll get their shot. Your arguments aren't helping your case.

BB52Big.jpg

He had to have sold his soul to the devil.

I don't see what Mr. Miles would gain from a transaction in which he is both buyer and seller.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Actually, if you really think about it, it is quite a bit of a stretch. The "bad" SEC teams are all much better than the "bad" teams in the WAC. You don't seriously believe that playing Georgia or Tennessee is the same as playing New Mexico State and Utah State do you? Any one of the "bad" SEC teams you mentioned would stomp the dog- :censored: out of the "bad" WAC teams. Nice try but you aren't going to convince anyone that Boise State is playing the same level of conference competition that any SEC team plays.

Let the season play out dude. If Boise State runs the table they'll get their shot. Your arguments aren't helping your case.

Bingo!

I knew it was bound to happen but I really didn't think Bama was going to lose after last week. South Carolina played one hell of a game but I think Alabama just had a bad gameplan, I mean you got two of the best runningbacks in the country, why not use them? They only had 17 carries combined today, last year Ingram had 24 by himself against South Carolina and he got 240 plus doing it. Then again South Carolina had the ball most of the game and just really controlled the whole game, Alabama deserved to get beat today.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

The "Final Verdict" on ESPN was great. The judge (I think it was Reece Davis) said that he never wants to hear the argument about Boise State not playing in the SEC because it's irrelevant. Ya hear that, CCSLC? Judge Davis doesn't approve of you comparing Boise State in their current conference to Boise State in the SEC.

The "Final Verdict" on ESPN was great. The judge (I think it was Reece Davis) said that he never wants to hear the argument about Boise State not playing in the SEC because it's irrelevant. Ya hear that, CCSLC? Judge Davis doesn't approve of you comparing Boise State in their current conference to Boise State in the SEC.

Is Lou Holtz still one of the counselors for this?

It's funny to hear him contradict himself and ramble about god-knows-what...and still win half the cases...

Well I guess that settles it. :rolleyes:

BB52Big.jpg

*insert one of the many of the Facepalm JPEG's there out there*

Why I say that? Because Washington dropped a gimme to the Sun Dorks.

Look, 6-6 shouldn't be that freaking hard guys! I, as a fan, just want to see them in a bowl game. That's all. I don't care if they are 6-6, I want to see them in a bowl game.

Now, they have to win two games in this upcoming gauntlet: Oregon State, at Arizona, Stanford, at Oregon

*sigh* All of that talent and it's going to be for naught. I don't get it... I remember the days when the Huskies were so good... What went wrong?

He had to have sold his soul to the devil.

I don't see what Mr. Miles would gain from a transaction in which he is both buyer and seller.

It's because you cannot comprehend Miles that you would say that.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The new AP poll is out: the new top 3 is #1 Ohio State, #2 Oregon ( :puke: ), and #3 Boise State.

No SEC teams in the top 5, at that.

Not surprising given that Bama was the only SEC team in the top 5 before visiting Carolina, but my guess is that that's only temporary. With 7-10 all being SEC teams and with anyone and everyone vulnerable, it'll definitely be interesting to see how the rankings play out going forward. As a Gamecock, I'm really bummed about the loss to Auburn now because had we won that game, we'd easily be in that top 5 group.

What interests me most is that now that Alabama has lost, there is much less agreement about which team should be #1. Last week, the top team had 58 first-place votes, all but 2. This week, the top team only has 34 votes.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Archived