2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The "Final Verdict" on ESPN was great. The judge (I think it was Reece Davis) said that he never wants to hear the argument about Boise State not playing in the SEC because it's irrelevant. Ya hear that, CCSLC? Judge Davis doesn't approve of you comparing Boise State in their current conference to Boise State in the SEC.

Is Lou Holtz still one of the counselors for this?

It's funny to hear him contradict himself and ramble about god-knows-what...and still win half the cases...

Lou Holtz is still one of the counselors. He's so difficult to understand, so Judge Reece assumes he says something important and gives the win to Holtz.

Who is Lou Holtz? Sure you mean Lou Holthhhhhhhhhhhh.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Also of note today, the Coaches poll came out and Nebraska leapfrogs over TCU for number 4 in the polls. Now, should Nebraska win against Texas next week, would that be enough to leap them over Boise State?

I think Alabama should have fallen to #2 after that loss to South Carolina. After all, this is the SEC.

qxqty8.jpg

----------------

Nearly 24 hours later, & I still find it hilarious that LSU is currently the top team in the SEC right now. Definitely not the best, but right now they're tops. I wonder how The Hat will find a way to somehow beat Auburn on the 23rd, and LSU-Auburn games are almost always crazy. Especially in recent history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESgoMBi6d3g&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lpHsBpS8R8&feature=related

Plus, there was the Earthquake game from the 80s. Either way, with the way The Hat's luck has been & the way Auburn has been playing, that game will be absolutely epic.

I think Alabama should have fallen to #2 after that loss to South Carolina. After all, this is the SEC.

qxqty8.jpg

Like I said, they're an SEC team. That means they're automatically a better team than teams in lesser parts of the country like Ohio.

LvZYtbZ.png

Got this from the President of Villanova.

Dear Villanova Alumni:

Frequently I have shared news regarding matters of importance to the University and its alumni.

As such, I am writing to inform you of some recent conversations that have taken place regarding the Villanova Football program and its relationship with the Big East Conference. As you know, the program currently competes in the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS), formerly known as Division I-AA. The student-athletes, coaches, and administrators are excellent representatives of the University and have established a winning tradition that culminated with a national championship last year.

The landscape of college athletics continues to face dramatic changes and there has been a

great deal of speculation over the past few months regarding conference realignments nationwide. The Big East Conference has not been immune to such speculation, and Villanova's position regarding football has been frequently discussed on the internet, in the media, and among fans around the country.

Recently, the Big East officially informed us that its football schools were interested in adding Villanova as a football member of the Conference. We currently compete in the Big East in all

other varsity sports; however, joining the Conference as a football member would require that

the program move up to the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS), formerly known as Division I-A.

This would represent a significant change for the University and our Athletic Department.

As part of the University's Strategic Planning process, we have been studying our athletic programs, including assessing possible options for the football program. Given the current situation, the Board of Trustees' leadership and the President's Cabinet have decided that the most prudent course of action is to expedite our timeframe and embark upon an in-depth and thorough evaluation of the opportunity presented by the Big East. This is a complicated issue with numerous, multi-dimensional factors that come into play, and it is important that we investigate scenarios related to making - or not making - such a move.

More than likely, you will read or hear speculation as we conduct this assessment. I ask you to consider it just that - speculation. As we undertake this evaluation, I can assure you that a decision will be made only after the Board of Trustees conducts a careful and complete analysis. We will do what's right for Villanova and will not jeopardize our community-wide commitment to meeting the University's strategic objectives.

I will keep the Villanova community updated as we move forward through this process.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Sooooo... when are the AQ conferences going to want Boise, TCU, and BYU? Granted, I do have to give my props - Villanova has performed very well lately at the FCS level. But if AQ conferences truly want to expand, why not reach out to the prominent non-AQ schools that are already getting high ratings and media exposure before they start poaching FCS schools?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Sooooo... when are the AQ conferences going to want Boise, TCU, and BYU? Granted, I do have to give my props - Villanova has performed very well lately at the FCS level. But if AQ conferences truly want to expand, why not reach out to the prominent non-AQ schools that are already getting high ratings and media exposure before they start poaching FCS schools?

Damn straight, and the Big East and ACC if Boise State is in either of those conferences they would run the table too. Next year they are moving to the Mountain West that conference should have been allowed to upgrade so they could have kept BYU and Utah.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Well there is the rumor of the Big East looking to grab TCU. Which, well, makes no sense geographically but at least if it was based on this season would save the conference's ass from what has otherwise been an out of conference year in hell. The problem is, though, can TCU consistently stay like that? The Big East has had that happen with basically everyone but West Virginia, Pitt, and (because Greggers ran the program to the ground so they weren't good to begin with) Syracuse in the past few years with teams having huge years only to fall down flat on their faces (Louisville comes to mind here)

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Villanova's primary overwhelming positive attribute from the Big East's perspective? They are already a member in every other sport. Which means they wouldn't have to add another member to an already unwieldy Conference. This is important-a 16 team Big East is already a clumsy monolith, a larger would be worse. (Or they would have to kick out DePaul, St. John's and Providence certain underperforming members to keep it at a manageable 16.)

Yeah, and the PAC-10 would make perfect sense for Boise: geographically we're near most of the conference's schools, we play at least one PAC-10 school every year now, and we're an emerging power that draws consistently-strong ratings. But incredibly, they chose to invite Utah over Boise. :rolleyes:

Well, Utah does have better athletic programs in sports besides football, which is a secondary consideration. More importantly, Utah's academic programs, unlike Boise's, are actually superior to that of the local community college. There's no way Boise State passes muster with Stanford or some of the other PAC 10 academic powerhouses.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yeah, and the PAC-10 would make perfect sense for Boise: geographically we're near most of the conference's schools, we play at least one PAC-10 school every year now, and we're an emerging power that draws consistently-strong ratings. But incredibly, they chose to invite Utah over Boise. :rolleyes:

Seriously dude, enough with the "we" when referring to Boise State. My guess is you've never even been to Idaho let alone attended Boise State.

BB52Big.jpg

How's that crow taste Seadragon? :P

Huge win by the Devils. A game they really needed. And up in the rain in Seattle. Defense played extremely solid. Great game by them. Threet and the offense played efficiently well early, and still made some dumb mistakes late. But the defense bailed out the offense.

But a huge win. Devils are on the board in the Pac-10. 4 wins to go bowling. They get a week off before going to one of the "winable" games for ASU up at Cal. I'd say this is a game that they need to win. They need to get that win, then not suffer a let down at home against Wazzu the next week. Then it's two wins between @ USC, vs Stanford, vs UCLA, @ UofA.

But first things first, take the week to rest, improve, then prepare doubly for Cal. The Devils really need this one too.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Who is Lou Holtz? Sure you mean Lou Holthhhhhhhhhhhh.

Everytime Daffy Duck, err... Lou Holtz picks a team like Wassshhhhhingssssshhton or Mitttttttthhhhhhigaan Sstttattte, I have to replace the carpet in front of my television.

Also, he claimed that Notre Dame was "back" the other weekend. Shame on him.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Like I said, they're an SEC team. That means they're automatically a better team than teams in lesser parts of the country like Ohio.

You're an idiot. Go Bucks.

I wouldn't expect an Ohioan to understand the superiority of the SEC - they're bred to drink the scarlet and gray Kool-Aid.

LvZYtbZ.png

Archived