2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

Like I said, they're an SEC team. That means they're automatically a better team than teams in lesser parts of the country like Ohio.

You're an idiot. Go Bucks.

I wouldn't expect an Ohioan to understand the superiority of the SEC - they're bred to drink the scarlet and gray Kool-Aid.

And I'm starting to think that you're nuts. What proof do you have that the SEC is head and tails above anyone else at this moment?

Plus, you're from freaking New Jersey! What do you know about life in the SEC outside of what the talking heads on ESPN say week in and week out? You cannot tell me that each of the best teams in the SEC are flawed in some way. Want some examples?

Alabama: Lost to South Carolina because the Gamecocks used their defense to stifle Richardson and Ingram while their offense had timely plays from Garcia, Lattimore and Jeffery to get the upset.

South Carolina: Despite the win, the Gamecocks have issues with keeping a decent lead. They nearly blew that game last weekend against Alabama and they did blow the lead against Auburn.

LSU: Possibly the luckiest team in the nation. It's a lot of what if's, but you can't tell me that sooner or later, Miles is going to be rolling Snake Eyes and that clock mismanagement problem that has haunted him is going to bite him in ass.

Auburn: How much you wanna bet teams are going to focus on shutting Cam Newton down, hm? Yes, they have other players, but let's face it... If it's not for Newton, Auburn wouldn't be in this conversation.

My point here is that everyone is flawed, which makes your arguement for your constant :censored:-sucking for the SEC just as flawed. Plus, since you said it: No team should be punished for winning because someone else lost (Hey, you said Alabama should be #2...)

Also to note... There was a 'mock' BCS ranking last night as to get the fire stoked for the real deal next week. Lights Out may want to listen because the number one team in the 'mock' BCS rankings are...

The Boise State Broncos

Currently, Boise is #2 in a few of the computers used in this ranking. The rest of the top 5 is Oregon, TCU, Oklahoma and Ohio State. So, I'll let you all digest this and remember... This is a 'mock' ranking. This isn't the real deal yet, so keep the fighting to a minimum OK? (This goes double for infrared and Lights Out)

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't expect an Ohioan to understand the superiority of the SEC - they're bred to drink the scarlet and gray Kool-Aid.

Pretty sure that if the SEC was truly so superior, they'd have at least one school in the top 5 right now.

---

Can't say I'm surprised with Boise being #1 in the mock BCS rankings, but not for homerish reasons - if anyone else has been keeping track of the computer rankings, Boise's been at or near the top in almost all of them all year. Granted, that will change by the time they're finally forced to play the WAC schedule.

Then again, a lot of the teams they need to lose in order to stay near the top are going to play each other anyway, which means Boise might not fall completely out of title contention late even with the WAC schedule.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Like I said, they're an SEC team. That means they're automatically a better team than teams in lesser parts of the country like Ohio.

Yes Will, as anyone who has read my college football posts will tell you, I clearly have the blinders on when it comes to Ohio State football. You're an idiot.

BB52Big.jpg

TCU still undefeated.... get's NO love, though.

They are a top 5 team and are ranked accordingly. They are even #4 in the Harris poll which debuted today. You should be happy that they had 38K at home this weekend with all the events around the Metroplex.

Yes Will, as anyone who has read my college football posts will tell you, I clearly have the blinders on when it comes to Ohio State football. You're an idiot.

I hereby propose that every post made in direct reply to willmorristrollbot begin and/or with, "you're an idiot."

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana State, Mississippi, Mississippi State, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Vanderbilt are the best 12 teams in the country. Anyone else is simply inferior.

Nicely done, willmorris. You're as stupid and illogical as ever.

Now that you've answered one of our questions, answer another. Please explain how Vanderbilt is one of the 12 best teams in the country.

They play a tough conference schedule, amongst other things. Really, the top 12 teams happen to be the 12 teams in the SEC.

You're an idiot.

This is an old post, but I thought of a good analogy and I'd like to use it. Saying that a team is a good team because they play a tough conference schedule makes no sense and doesn't mean anything other than the fact that they play a tough schedule. Let's say you take the dumbest kid in school and you put him in the toughest classes, you give him all AP courses, and he has to take them period after period with only a short break for lunch (his bye week). In essence, he has a difficult schedule. Nobody in their right mind will tell you that kid is one of the 12 smartest kids in school because he has a tough schedule.

playing a tough schedule and losing 75% of those games only means that you're a bad to mediocre team with a tough schedule. Logic is fun will. Try it.

You're an idiot.

PvO6ZWJ.png

How's that crow taste Seadragon? :P

It tastes like :censored:! PTOOEY! PTOOEY!

But, I still have this stat to break out...

Wins over FBS Schools

Washington: 2

Arizona State: 1

Scorrrrrreeeboaarrrrrrdddd

Scorrrrrreeeeebboooaarrrrrddd

:lol::P

And as far as that projected BCS standings that ESPN put up, I think it's hilarious that Ohio State would be #1 in the AP poll but all the way down to #5 in the BCS with Boise at #1. And hell if everyone wins out and Oregon were to slip somewhere in the Pac-10, Boise and TCU would be 1/2 and play for the national title. It would also be the 3rd straight season the two have met up in a Bowl game (Poinsettia, Fiesta, BCS).

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

How's that crow taste Seadragon? :P

It tastes like :censored:! PTOOEY! PTOOEY!

But, I still have this stat to break out...

Wins over FBS Schools

Washington: 2

Arizona State: 1

Scorrrrrreeeboaarrrrrrdddd

Scorrrrrreeeeebboooaarrrrrddd

:lol::P

And as far as that projected BCS standings that ESPN put up, I think it's hilarious that Ohio State would be #1 in the AP poll but all the way down to #5 in the BCS with Boise at #1. And hell if everyone wins out and Oregon were to slip somewhere in the Pac-10, Boise and TCU would be 1/2 and play for the national title. It would also be the 3rd straight season the two have met up in a Bowl game (Poinsettia, Fiesta, BCS).

I don't think so - I'm sure teams would pass Boise State and TCU, leaving Boise shut out.

LvZYtbZ.png

At this point, I have to admit defeat. Don't like to admit it, but I got no choice.

Now, Still MIGHTY has a good point... he also didn't mention that just about everyone else needs at least two losses. I hate to admit it, but the voters would easily take a 1 loss SEC champ for the National Championship Game over an unbeaten Boise State or TCU.

TCU still undefeated.... get's NO love, though.

They are a top 5 team and are ranked accordingly. They are even #4 in the Harris poll which debuted today. You should be happy that they had 38K at home this weekend with all the events around the Metroplex.

I'm not sure how that's relevant to on field performance and the rankings, but OK...

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm listening to the Finebaum show down in Alabama. Normally I would never listen to this show, but because Alabama just lost a game & apparently the world is now ending for Tide fans in that state, I figured I'd find the stream and take a listen. Here's a taste of what has happened on today's show:

• Caller advocates for the firing of Alabama's offensive coordinator and a switch to the T formation. I wish I could say that was the most ridiculous statement.
  • Caller suggests that Alabama should've pulled McElroy. Good Lord.
  • Caller from Alabama accused a USC fan of grabbing her and saying "Hey bitch, look at the scoreboard."
  • CBS' Tim Brando was on the show, and was infatuated with himself. He also got into a very heated argument with a random Alabama fan who blamed Nick Saban for the loss. The caller complained that Saban didn't run the ball enough at the end of the game (despite the team being down two TD's :lol: ), Saban should be fired, and then threatened to kill Tim Brando. Tim Brando called all Alabama fans who blame Saban for the loss "Clueless" and proceeded to drop one of the best insults of the year on sports radio: "My argument is this: You're stupid." The caller would proceed to accuse Tim Brando of smoking crack in the green room during the Bama/USC game. Granted, Tim Brando was making some dumb points, but he came off sounding smarter because Bama fan sounded like a complete assclown.
  • The next caller apologized for the crazy Bama fan and introduced himself as the previous caller's Booker.
  • Finebaum himself is being blamed for the loss because of comments he made on the Dan Patrick Show, which is carried in the Columbia area.
  • FireJimMcelwain.com is now active because of this show. ALABAMA HAS LOST 3 GAMES SINCE 2008!!!

After listening to about an hour of this, I totally understand why this award-winning show has the reputation that it does. This has been wildly entertaining.

EDIT: Boomhauer just called into the show. This is great.

EDIT 2: A Bama fan just called in & suggested that Saban threw the game in order to take his players' egos down a peg or two. Unbelievable.

EDIT 3: After a slow half-hour, "Legend" calls in. After a 5 minute manifesto (in which he likened South Carolina/Alabama to Tyson/Douglas, except he thought Tyson was Ali), he ends his rambling by saying "BAMA GOT TO HAVE EVERY GAME FROM HERE ON OUT. BITCHES, THE WAR IS ON!!!" The sad thing is, he's probably the smartest guy that has called in so far.

God, I so want Mississippi to beat Alabama this week now.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I don't know about you rams, but I want Alabama to win this week so their fans don't go on suicide watch and/or just plain out cause an epic riot through Tuscaloosa. I mean, what Flame said might be the tip of the iceberg should the Crimson Tide lose at Mississippi.

BTW, what Brando said should be used to end any and all internet arguements. Period.

I don't know about you rams, but I want Alabama to win this week so their fans don't go on suicide watch and/or just plain out cause an epic riot through Tuscaloosa. I mean, what Flame said might be the tip of the iceberg should the Crimson Tide lose at Mississippi.

BTW, what Brando said should be used to end any and all internet arguements. Period.

I think this is where you and I fundamentally differ, because by golly I want Mississippi to win because I want to see that happen.

Today, we are all otaku.

I think this is where you and I fundamentally differ, because by golly I want Mississippi to win because I want to see that happen.

Yeah I agree. If THIS is the result of Alabama & their local fanbase in "defending national champion" mode after a regular season loss, just imagine what will happen if they lose 2 consecutive? The entire state outside of the Plains will go up in flames.

I'm listening to the Finebaum show down in Alabama. Normally I would never listen to this show, but because Alabama just lost a game & apparently the world is now ending for Tide fans in that state, I figured I'd find the stream and take a listen.

I generally listen to him on XM, but I can only take about 10 minutes of the show at a time, even when he interviews someone. I know it is Birmingham-based and very SEC-centric, but for those who never have listened: Auburn fans hate Alabama fans, LSU fans hate Les Miles, Alabama fans believe in conspiracy, most every caller hates Tim Brando, the Big Ten, and Tommy Barnhardt. You can probably place other schools in the various positions where you are regionally, but the hyperbole of callers like "Legend" make and break the show.

Then it's two wins between @ USC, vs Stanford, vs UCLA, @ UofA.

You're not getting two wins out of those.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Then it's two wins between @ USC, vs Stanford, vs UCLA, @ UofA.

You're not getting two wins out of those.

I see ASU getting out with wins vs UCLA and UofA, maybe USC, but not Stanford

Archived