Unpopular Opinions

Not sure how unpopular this may be. I think the Miami Hurricanes early 2000s set (Dorsey/Portis/Shockeyetc era) would have looked a lot better if the pants stripe went straight down the leg instead of tapering.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

I want sponsors on NHL jerseys.

And Euro jerseys are better than North American.

I'm really curious, and am not trying to offend, on this, why do you feel Euro jerseys are better than North American jerseys?

I can live with sponsership, as I do for rugby, but I am curious on how you believe that theya re better?

The reason I prefer them is due to the fact overall euro jerseys are better designed than NA jerseys in my opinion.

For example, take the worst of the KHL/Swiss/Swede and compare it with the NHL.

Worst jersey right now in the NHL is arguably the Carolina away jersey.

It's bad because the logo is meh, and the jersey is boring, uninspired, and EA NHL quality.

The worst in KHL is Salavat Yulaev Ufa.

mfexg2teyde59uk6er219cimu.gif

Why is this bad?

Because it looks rridiculous

NHL teams overall play it safe with new Home/Away jerseys.

KHL are all over the damn place.

Some of the finest jerseys are KHL

Jersey2010_1_058.jpg

avtomob14_tf.jpg

Dynamo_Moscow_12_506932f5d3b3d.jpg

I want sponsors on NHL jerseys.

And Euro jerseys are better than North American.

I really don't think you'll find anyone that agrees with you on this, but I am curious as to why you think this.

If you are referring to sponsors, it's just because I think a few of the NHL jerseys look too bare.

Also, I think some teams that are smaller could greatly benefit from sponsorship.

If they did implement them, they would need to restrict it to local companies (i.e. US/CA sponsors only)

3495821-6962961747-24230_zpsdbxuns6g.gif

• Like 1

Falcons. UGA. Hawks. Braves. Tottenham Hotspur. Atlanta United

i dont think the nhl all star jerseys are terrible. i think they work for the event.nhl-jerseys.jpg?w=1000

It will be the best looking ASG since Minnesota, which unfortunately isn't saying a lot. Still, they aren't bad and are certainly a huge improvement over the last iteration of ASG uniforms.

How about this, for the ASG, two companies will get to sponsor the two teams and have full uniforms with their logos and colors on them.

For example, there could be Team Gatorade vs Team Honda (just picking two from the list of NHL league sponsors - http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=75916 )

It would be advertising without ads, if that makes sense, and it would only be for the ASG.

I want sponsors on NHL jerseys.And Euro jerseys are better than North American.

I'm really curious, and am not trying to offend, on this, why do you feel Euro jerseys are better than North American jerseys? I can live with sponsership, as I do for rugby, but I am curious on how you believe that theya re better?

The reason I prefer them is due to the fact overall euro jerseys are better designed than NA jerseys in my opinion.For example, take the worst of the KHL/Swiss/Swede and compare it with the NHL.Worst jersey right now in the NHL is arguably the Carolina away jersey.It's bad because the logo is meh, and the jersey is boring, uninspired, and EA NHL quality.The worst in KHL is Salavat Yulaev Ufa.mfexg2teyde59uk6er219cimu.gifWhy is this bad?Because it looks rridiculousNHL teams overall play it safe with new Home/Away jerseys.KHL are all over the damn place. Some of the finest jerseys are KHLJersey2010_1_058.jpgavtomob14_tf.jpgDynamo_Moscow_12_506932f5d3b3d.jpg

I want sponsors on NHL jerseys.And Euro jerseys are better than North American.

I really don't think you'll find anyone that agrees with you on this, but I am curious as to why you think this.

If you are referring to sponsors, it's just because I think a few of the NHL jerseys look too bare.Also, I think some teams that are smaller could greatly benefit from sponsorship.If they did implement them, they would need to restrict it to local companies (i.e. US/CA sponsors only)

3495821-6962961747-24230_zpsdbxuns6g.gif

You know what?

Next time I'll just keep my unpopular opinion to myself.

Despite this fact this thread is dedicated to unpopular opinions.

avtomob14_tf.jpg

Dynamo_Moscow_12_506932f5d3b3d.jpg

Duncan_Keith_front_zps73d4fb64.jpg

tyler-bozak_zps9a25c1ae.jpg

Dynamo has had the design from before Toronto did, if I remember right.

And there is a big difference from what a jersey looks like on the ice compared to what a template looks like.

3aKTw5y.png

Favorite teams: Dynamo Moscow, Detroit Red Wings, Jokerit, Manchester United, Kitchener Rangers

Why is this bad?Because it looks rridiculous

I see that begging the question has defected to the KHL.

Yet again, this is MY opinion.

Not yours.

If you disagree with my opinion, then fine.

Go ahead.

People asked me why I preferred Euro jerseys to NA, and I told them why.

I don't need a hundred other people comment on my opinion when I did not ask them to.

3aKTw5y.png

Favorite teams: Dynamo Moscow, Detroit Red Wings, Jokerit, Manchester United, Kitchener Rangers

6814_appalachian_st_mountaineers-alterna

I don't see why this logo gets as much hate as it does...for some reason, everybody loves everybody else's "classic" mascot logos, but hates this one. (I love 'em ALL, and this is no exception...has a unique touch to the old-school format)

bYhYmxh.png

On 1/15/2015 at 8:52 AM, MBurmy said:

I don't see why this logo gets as much hate as it does...for some reason, everybody loves everybody else's "classic" mascot logos, but hates this one. (I love 'em ALL, and this is no exception...has a unique touch to the old-school format)

I am probably the wrong person to reply because I don't tend to love cartoony mascot logos.

What bugs me about this (not that I'd love it anyway) is that this guy just looks annoyed.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

6814_appalachian_st_mountaineers-alterna

If this were an alternate logo I'd be okay with it. This just doesn't look like it should be the logo that shows up everyewhere.

• Like 1

2mow2dk.jpg2j2sx87.jpgscz0cx.jpgkdsrir.jpg

I don't need a hundred other people comment on my opinion when I did not ask them to.

It's the internet, mate [/JackSparrow]

On a serious note, it's a public forum. You're free to put your opinions out there, and people are free to comment on them. Either positively or negatively. If you don't want people commenting on them then you're better off not sharing them. By posting them you're inviting feedback.

Of course this is the "Unpopular Opinion" thread. There is a degree of freedom here, to post without getting too much flak. Still? Public forum. Anything you post, wherever you post it, is open to legitimate feedback.