Unpopular Opinions

Yeah, I thought about that, I think it should be team discretion. The big thing for me is that I don't like seeing one guy wearing white sleeves, another black, another gray, and one none at all. Nike should make matching undershirts for every team, whether or not the team wears them is up to them. Shoes, however, aren't a big deal to me. If Lynch wants to wear his Skittles shoes, and Newton wants to wear his Superman shoes, let them.

Yeah, I thought about that, I think it should be team discretion. The big thing for me is that I don't like seeing one guy wearing white sleeves, another black, another gray, and one none at all. Nike should make matching undershirts for every team, whether or not the team wears them is up to them. Shoes, however, aren't a big deal to me. If Lynch wants to wear his Skittles shoes, and Newton wants to wear his Superman shoes, let them.

Shoes need to match more than sleeves do, and undershirt is just equiptment, cleats are something every player has to wear and should match atleast colorwise

Shoes need to match more than sleeves do, and undershirt is just equiptment, cleats are something every player has to wear and should match atleast colorwise

I agree more with JRB14 but it probably stems from the fact that I'm used to soccer, where undershirts are a part of uniform and they should be in a matching colour while the shoes are left to player's choice.

Indeed. In association football the rules state that the undershirt has to match - or at least be very close to - the dominant colour of the shirt sleeve itself, and manufacturers will usually produce their undershirts in colours that match the actual kit.

It doesn't always happen like that though. When Hull City switched to Adidas a few years ago we had a bespoke custom colour created for the amber on our kits, but they didn't produce any undershirts that used the same shade - as such, we had to wear undershirts coloured a more primary yellow which didn't look very good at all.

Boots meanwhile are a player's choice and many will have boot deals with manufacturers who are keen to have their latest style shown off. However, all right thinking people know the correct colour for football boots is always black. Always. ;)

Boots meanwhile are a player's choice and many will have boot deals with manufacturers who are keen to have their latest style shown off. However, all right thinking people know the correct colour for football boots is always black. Always. ;)

Correct.

If I was made dicator put in charge of FIFA I would only allow players the choice between these three sets of boots:

39686876_300x300_1.jpgNike_Tiempo_Mystic_FG-E__Black_.jpg24457535_300x300_1.jpg

Which seems to be an unpopular opinion now as every match I see in this country, from Premier League, to Sunday League to kids matches at least one player is wearing a pair of these:

50879.jpg

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

You've got my vote!

I bagged a lovely pair of Adidas Kaisers (a very similar boot to the Copa Mundials) for Christmas and as such I'm the best-shod chap when I play five-a-side. I still can't kick a ball straight but at least I look smart as well as hapless.

...as every match I see in this country, from Premier League, to Sunday League to kids matches at least one player is wearing a pair of these:

50879.jpg

At least one? It's not unusual for both sides to be made up of guys with pink, orange or green footwear! At City we at least have Alex Bruce who never looks anything less than magnificent in his black World Cups, essentially Copas with screw in studs.

At least one? It's not unusual for both sides to be made up of guys with pink, orange or green footwear! At City we at least have Alex Bruce who never looks anything less than magnificent in his black World Cups, essentially Copas with screw in studs.

There was a game this year when all 11 starting players for Tottenham wore that highlighter green/yellow shade of boots. Can't remember which match, but it was one where Dawson wasn't playing as he wears white Under Armour boots usually.

Either way, it is a trend I will be happy to see the back of.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Correct.

If I was made dicator put in charge of FIFA I would only allow players the choice between these three sets of boots:

39686876_300x300_1.jpgNike_Tiempo_Mystic_FG-E__Black_.jpg24457535_300x300_1.jpg

Which seems to be an unpopular opinion now as every match I see in this country, from Premier League, to Sunday League to kids matches at least one player is wearing a pair of these:

50879.jpg

That multi colored one may be the most hideous thing I have ever seen.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

50879.jpg

Not gonna lie, the last year I played Soccer I almost got these.

Well, this is a thread for unpopular opinions!
I have the cristiano Reynaldo safari versions of those from about 4 years ago, they are my favorite cleat ever and i dont even care that they are falling apart after so much use

Coming from a 17 year old soccer player in the US, older kids are starting to move away from highlighter cleats. Most kids find those to be very "rec league", which is basically the participation league of soccer. Most club kids wear less vibrant colors. In fact, I wear my Puma Kings with pride. Black and white. I am more worried about the durability and material of the boot versus how bright it is.

When I was 14 though? I had yellow, neon green, and bright red/yellow. It's a trend dying over here for older kids, however.

Coming from a 17 year old soccer player in the US, older kids are starting to move away from highlighter cleats. Most kids find those to be very "rec league", which is basically the participation league of soccer. Most club kids wear less vibrant colors. In fact, I wear my Puma Kings with pride. Black and white. I am more worried about the durability and material of the boot versus how bright it is.

When I was 14 though? I had yellow, neon green, and bright red/yellow. It's a trend dying over here for older kids, however.

Coming from a 22 year old these highlighter neon cleats are more popular than ever atleast in college, and a lot of our soccer team doesnt because all their cleats are provided by the school

I think the Carolina Panthers would look so much better if they dropped the silver. It ruins an otherwise great look in my opinion.

I think the Carolina Panthers would look so much better if they dropped the silver. It ruins an otherwise great look in my opinion.

Silver makes the look.

Silver makes the look.

I think it muddies up the design. If it were Black/Panther Blue/White it would be a lot cleaner of a look, and the colours would pop a lot more.

Silver makes the look.
I think it muddies up the design. If it were Black/Panther Blue/White it would be a lot cleaner of a look, and the colours would pop a lot more.

I also agree. The silver makes it look very Arena Football League.