Unpopular Opinions

i think the current padres color scheme is the best one theyve had, they really fit a city located by the ocean

Meh...the Padres are currently heavy navy and white (they pretty much look like the Yankees without pinstripes). The original PETCO set was the best, with the khaki and a little light blue.

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Not sure if it's unpopular, but it still drives me nuts.

I feel like Dallas had some great uniforms back in the 90's. However, their new home jerseys just seem like such a blatant rip off of the Hawks but with green instead of red. It annoys the hell out of me everytime I see them.

20-last2-Calgary-GAME20130426a-1428-smal

DallasStars_top5slideshow.jpg

• Like 1

6oq4fhs.gif2wp8bci.gif

3e7148f5-799f-4b32-b700-9f45eab0ac3c_zps

Blackhawks | Cubs | Maple Leafs | Bears

I feel like Dallas had some great uniforms back in the 90's. However, their new home jerseys just seem like such a blatant rip off of the Hawks but with green instead of red. It annoys the hell out of me everytime I see them.

You're right, I've never noticed that before.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

One of the most unpopular opinions I have is that I love the 1970's Pittsburgh Pirates hats.

Which hats? The mustard yellow, or the pillbox style with the horizontal stripes?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I don't mind that, it's still the lack of any kind of gold that I miss. Add that and I have no problems with the look. Right now it looks like the Dallas Stars are an expansion/relocated team that's acknowledging the history of what came before them while still creating their own new, unique identity. Had they done this when they first moved to Dallas it would've been fine, but they kept gold when they moved to Dallas. Like it or not, gold is a part of their identity and history in both Dallas & Minnesota, it's too late to cut ties with that and say "No, we want our own identity. We're Green, Silver, White, and Black now."

• Like 1

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Dallas' home uniforms have the same striping pattern as the Rangers', not the Hawks'.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Dallas' home uniforms have the same striping pattern as the Rangers', not the Hawks'.

I think its a combo of both the Hawks and Rangers.

The arm striping, shoulders and pants are similar to the Hawks.

The hemline stripes are similar to the Rangers.

Here's one that I'm sure won't go over too well:

I prefer alternates that are recolors over totally new designs (this does not apply towards baseball or soccer but certainly does for football, hockey, basketball, and other sports)

I kind of feel the same way. I think too much change in design dilutes the team identity.

I feel the same as well needs to be some continuity

i would love for every team to have jerseys that had sleeves all the way to the wrists like they used to waaaay long ago. they would be tight which players seem to like and we could see real stripes again

You are talking about football right? If so no this couldn't work

i would love for every team to have jerseys that had sleeves all the way to the wrists like they used to waaaay long ago. they would be tight which players seem to like and we could see real stripes again

I could see this working for baseball or football.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

yes football

yes football
It would look so weird having it go from big bulky pads to skin tight sleeves on players like receivers that dont have big arms, and would look bid on lineman that have too big and flabby arms. The only ones it would look kind of good on and I'm not even sure about it is rb and lb

yes football
It would look so weird having it go from big bulky pads to skin tight sleeves on players like receivers that dont have big arms, and would look bid on lineman that have too big and flabby arms. The only ones it would look kind of good on and I'm not even sure about it is rb and lb

you already see fat players wearing long sleeves under pads it would look a lot like that

yes football
you already see fat players wearing long sleeves under pads it would look a lot like that
I dont mind if its underneath but you wont get a whole team to do that as well, and if you made it all one thing jersey and sleeves it would look ridiculous having skin tight sleeves and bulky pads

I also don't see it working. Long sleeves were abandoned in rugby as well. I was quite upset when I lost one of my old shirts for winter trainings because it's difficult to get them nowadays. But for the games I find the undershirt more useful as nobody can grab me by the sleeve.

I would like to see sleeved undershirts be mandatory. I've seen a lot of good designs on here that included sleeved Under Armour as part of the design, it opens up doors for designers in my opinion. But long sleeved jerseys sound like a bad idea.

I know that most of the NFL season is played during autumn/winter but I believe it is warm enough in the southern states to play football in short-sleeve jerseys. You don't want the players to feel uncomfortably too warm.

I think there is a reason that the only major sport where long sleeves are standard is ice hockey.