Unpopular Opinions

I think the Carolina Panthers would look so much better if they dropped the silver. It ruins an otherwise great look in my opinion.

I think the Carolina Panthers would look so much better if they dropped the silver. It ruins an otherwise great look in my opinion.

Silver makes the look.
I think it muddies up the design. If it were Black/Panther Blue/White it would be a lot cleaner of a look, and the colours would pop a lot more.

I also agree. The silver makes it look very Arena Football League.

i think just the opposite taking away silver and just making them a black and electric blue team would make them look more like an AFL team, especially with them having the black pants now, and the helmet now having to be black.

Would it be unpopular to say the Houston Astros rainbow jerseys are one of the coolest and most unique jerseys ever (in an ugly, nostalgic kind of way)?

The colors work for them, but with Adidas trying to copy the look to every one of their college teams it looks awful
Yeah, sort of like the Rays rip-off of the 70's Padres uniforms.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

The helmet could be white, like in the concept above.

A white helmet wouldn't get the panthers because white helmets are more of an old school thing, that panthers are far from that being a 90s expansion team.

If white looks good a team should wear it. I hardly think its an 'old school' thing. The silver helmets look bad, especially on the away uniforms.

The New Orleans Jazz should use that, the Utah Jazz should use this

m2xsVoY.gif

I really, really like the colors used in that set, but the actual jersey design is completely outdated, too 90's (gosh it pains me to say that :P ). If they could make a jersey similar to the simplistic Boozer/Deron-era set, but use the 90's colors (and keep the mountain on the shorts in some form), it'd be the perfect Utah Jazz jersey for me.

• Like 1

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm starting to truly like the Hurricanes new uniforms. But before rebuttling, know this:

Do I think it's the best look the 'Canes ever had? Hell no!

Do I think it's a respectable look, fit for at least a few years? Yes. It may not be their best look ever, but it suits the current era of hockey jerseys traditional, but with some modern touches.

Funny. I'm beginning to have the same opinion. The "New Storm" uniforms are a downgrade from the original (or even the Edge tweak), yes, but they really aren't terrible. I see the road uniforms and recognize the Carolina Hurricanes as the Carolina Hurricanes. The thing that bugs me the most about them is the mismatching home and road templates. Make the home match the road (add some black and maybe even return the flag pattern to the hem stripes) with perhaps e a thinner version of the previous number font and they could rival the original look. Of course, I would have loved them to try dark gray in place of black or replace silver with light blue.

Silver makes the look.

I think it muddies up the design. If it were Black/Panther Blue/White it would be a lot cleaner of a look, and the colours would pop a lot more.

I can live with the Panthers' silver, but it really is extraneous.

30 seconds in gimp has yielded this. Its not perfect but I still think its a big improvement.

MYoRoW3.png

Removing the silver and making the helmet white would go a long way in making the Carolina Blue and Black pop.

The Utah Jazz should really use this as their primary road uniform:

733_utah-jazz-alternate-2012.gif

I agree. Maybe doing this can return purple (or indigo) as a color of the Utah Jazz. And, please Jazz, if you do bring purple back, emphasize the team as a Purple/Green team, not Purple/Yellow. I can't number how many times I've mistaken pre-1996 merchandise as Lakers merch. (That's also my opinion as to why the Jazz stuck with navy when going to a more classic look).

While I'm at it, one thing that bugs me about this set is the absence of "Utah" on the logo. I know that everyone involved with/following today's NBA knows that the Jazz are from Utah, but it feel that the team should show on their chests like they did from the 1980s to 1996. Why not show both the team's locale and name on all your uniforms if it can be done this easily? Plus, no more "Utah" tramp stamp--maybe use that font in the new look, as well.

The New Orleans Jazz should use that, the Utah Jazz should use this

m2xsVoY.gif

I really, really like the colors used in that set, but the actual jersey design is completely outdated, too 90's (gosh it pains me to say that :P ). If they could make a jersey similar to the simplistic Boozer/Deron-era set, but use the 90's colors (and keep the mountain on the shorts in some form), it'd be the perfect Utah Jazz jersey for me.

I don't know if it'd be the perfect Utah Jazz jersey (maybe some form of a J-note/mountain ball lovechild), but that would've been a great idea. Of course, a simpler set based on the 1999-2004 Black/Copper/Purple alts. and using those colors (maybe light blue somewhere, too) would've been a good move.

But honestly, I really don't mind if the Jazz keep their current pattern in perpetuity--it goes great with just about any color scheme used in team history (Purple/Green/Yellow, Purple/Dual Blue*, Purple/Black/Copper, etc.) and even a new ones or two (Green/Purple/Copper, Black/Light Blue/Copper). Maybe one can add some mountain outlines/silhouettes on the pants on the current set.

Edited by DustDevil61

Ugh. I'm not sure if this is an unpopular opinion or not, but all 3 primary colours should not be used together. It almost always looks bad.

South Australia in general, and the Adelaide Crows in particular, would beg to differ.

806751-crows-vs-bombers.jpg

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬