Unpopular Opinions

I do not like the Diamondbacks original uniform. I think the design is terrible and the colors are '90s tacky. I thought everyone knew that, but the "what sports identities do you miss" thread now leads me to believe otherwise.

nl_1998_arizona.gif

The colors may have been a 90s cliche, but by serendipitous coincidence, they happened to fit the southwestern theme of the Diamondbacks identity. The same thing happened with the Marlins.

That said, I preferred the later version of the homes.

nl_2001_arizona.gif

I do not like the Diamondbacks original uniform. I think the design is terrible and the colors are '90s tacky. I thought everyone knew that, but the "what sports identities do you miss" thread now leads me to believe otherwise.

nl_1998_arizona.gif

The colors may have been a 90s cliche, but by serendipitous coincidence, they happened to fit the southwestern theme of the Diamondbacks identity. The same thing happened with the Marlins.

That said, I preferred the later version of the homes.

nl_2001_arizona.gif

I agree about preferring the later version of the home uniform.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

http://dbacks.freehostia.com/index.html

Theres the site with the history of the diamondbacks uniforms

Also he did one for the mariners

http://mariners.freehostia.com/

He clearly stopped caring after 2011. It would be so cool if all mlb teams had a site like this.

http://dbacks.freehostia.com/index.html

Theres the site with the history of the diamondbacks uniforms

Also he did one for the mariners

http://mariners.freehostia.com/

He clearly stopped caring after 2011. It would be so cool if all mlb teams had a site like this.

I've been working on all 30 teams' uniforms throughout the years, and I would love to host a website dedicated to them all. It'll take a lot of time, though, obviously.

Road pinstripes are one of the few baseball fads (if you can call them that) that I wish had staying power.

My UO: Yankees pinstripes are the only good pinstripes

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Road pinstripes are one of the few baseball fads (if you can call them that) that I wish had staying power.

I dunno. The Cubs and Mets home uniforms would look wrong without them. And I like the White Sox in either black or red pinstripes.

I dunno. The Cubs and Mets home uniforms would look wrong without them. And I like the White Sox in either black or red pinstripes.

I would throw the Twins into that mix as well. Yes, even the Phillies, even though at a distance, as some have mentioned, the red pinstripes make the home uniform look pink.

I guess yet another unpopular opinion I have is that I think the yellow and brown San Diego Padres uniforms are absolutely awful. The colors don't mix well and the uniform design was subpar in the 1970s. Everyone (except for me) begs the Padres to bring back that color scheme, while I believe the blue and orange the Padres used in the 1990s or their uniforms from the Jake Peavy era would be the best option to return to.

How can you choose these uniforms: http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.org/dressed_to_the_nines/detail_page.asp?fileName=nl_1978_sandiego.gif&Entryid=1365

Over this beautiful set?: http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.org/dressed_to_the_nines/detail_page.asp?fileName=nl_1998_sandiego.gif&Entryid=1900

Or even this?: http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.org/dressed_to_the_nines/detail_page.asp?fileName=nl_2004_sandiego.gif&Entryid=2096

• Like 1

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

This might be very unpopular, but I actually prefer the 1997-2000 Blue Jays set to the currents. I think the red helps with the consistency of the set (I love the currents though).

535x420xToronto-Blue-Jays-1998-Road-Unif

jdqu43o2y4jq79w8yee7bdkv6.gif

It looks way too cartoony for me, it's what I'd expect a team from a Disney movie to wear minus the maple leaf

the late 90s Blue Jays set wasn't that bad, I long thought it'd been an overall tasteful take on their longstanding look. As opposed to what replaced it, the Black Jays set that aesthetically had so little in common with what came before it it may as well have belonged to a completely different team. Granted, they may have played the "we're Canada's team" angle a bit too hard (especially since the Expos were still around), but there's no way this matched the Black Jays set in tackiness.

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I've said this before, but I think stirrups in baseball look stupid. They're a bygone relic from another time and I don't want them to come back.

They looked especially bad in the 80's style with the thin stripe of color.

Dave-Parker.jpg

I'm usually a traditionalist when it comes to sports aesthetics and I wore stirrups every year as a little leaguer, but I'm also about functionality and practicality. What is the point of that pencil thin piece of fabric and how does anyone think it looks better than a fullcolor sock?

PvO6ZWJ.png

I've said this before, but I think stirrups in baseball look stupid. They're a bygone relic from another time and I don't want them to come back.

Dave-Parker.jpg

I'm usually a traditionalist when it comes to sports aesthetics and I wore stirrups every year as a little leaguer, but I'm also about functionality and practicality. What is the point of that pencil thin piece of fabric and how does anyone think it looks better than a fullcolor sock?

Back in the day it was because the die in colored socks would bleed into a players skin and was toxic so they wore white socks and stirrups to help that. Now there really is no need for them and I hated reading uni watch because of Paul lucus' boner for them
  • Like 1

Dave-Parker.jpg

Back in the day it was because the die in colored socks would bleed into a players skin and was toxic so they wore white socks and stirrups to help that. Now there really is no need for them and I hated reading uni watch because of Paul lucus' boner for them

I guess that's why the white socks are called sanitary socks.

Dave-Parker.jpg

yes but after doing some research it turns out i was alittle bit wrong it was only thought that the die was a health risk, in actuality there was no health risk and they could have worn full colored socks if they had known.

Dave-Parker.jpg

yes but after doing some research it turns out i was alittle bit wrong it was only thought that the die was a health risk, in actuality there was no health risk and they could have worn full colored socks if they had known.

I'm aware of the history and reason behind the stirrup, but it evolved past it's usefulness and reached the height of ridiculousness in the 80's.

It's a relic to a bygone era and they don't need to come back.

"BUT STRIPES!!!!" You can put stripes on regular socks.

PvO6ZWJ.png