Unpopular Opinions

Unpopular opinion: I usually hate when the minor league affiliate of a team uses the same name as the major league team. To me, it's a major turnoff as a fan of that team because I see it as if I am rooting for a team that has no meaning but to provide players for the major league team.

However, I really do like the new Westchester Knicks name and logo. It's very cool that they modernized a classic logo and used it as a primary logo. Not only that, the name Knicks sounds great with Westchester. I think this is one of the few examples where using the same name as your professional team affiliate works.

I agree with you McCarthy. I love the look of long socks on a baseball uniform, but stirrups are awful.

If you want to see awful, look at the Colorado Avalanche (I'm a Red Wings fan).

Luckily, baseball stirrups and the Avalanche are closely related.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I agree with you McCarthy. I love the look of long socks on a baseball uniform, but stirrups are awful.

[Mod talk:]

The only thing you responded to was the user's choice of team. This is not a place for team trash talk; this is a place to discuss the aesthetics of jerseys, logos, etc. Thank you.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

[Mod talk:]The only thing you responded to was the user's choice of team. This is not a place for team trash talk; this is a place to discuss the aesthetics of jerseys, logos, etc. Thank you.
I know, it was a joke. Take it easy.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

I've said this before, but I think stirrups in baseball look stupid. They're a bygone relic from another time and I don't want them to come back.

Well, at least you admitted that's an unpopular opinion. Baseball needs to mandate that stirrups, 5" cut, be worn at all times. Hopefully, that will be worked in the CBA and things will start evolving from there.

I've said this before, but I think stirrups in baseball look stupid. They're a bygone relic from another time and I don't want them to come back.

Well, at least you admitted that's an unpopular opinion. Baseball needs to mandate that stirrups, 5" cut, be worn at all times. Hopefully, that will be worked in the CBA and things will start evolving from there.
Far from unpopular, the majority of the players not like stirrups and the owners dont care whether their players wear them or not. It's never going to be a rule especially since it use to be a rule that has since been canned.

Hey, look at that! Phantom and I agree on something!

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Well, at least you admitted that's an unpopular opinion.

Something you never got around to doing with your pullover love.

Baseball needs to mandate that stirrups, 5" cut, be worn at all times. Hopefully, that will be worked in the CBA and things will start evolving from there.

You think they're going to work how socks should be worn into a CBA? Seriously?

I played baseball up through high school, and started playing softball in the summers a few years back. I hate stirrups, and I hate high socks. I wear baseball pants baggy, down to my ankles. Not so much for aesthetic purposes, but because that's what I think is most comfortable to play in.

I completely agree about stirrups. They are obsolete by definition. Also to clarify the early stirrup was simply a colored sock with the heel and forefoot removed. The ribboned stirrups with exposed sanitary look from the 60-80's was actually a non-traditional and pointless look and actually has no place in baseball.

I'm all for colored socks and prefer them over long pants but stirrups are simply not the answer. They were a stop gap measure from a bygone era.

I also would prefer that nfl teams had the option to go with non-white bottom socks. The bottom white half is pointless and the nfl has a past history with a 100% dark sock.

Hey, look at that! Phantom and I agree on something!
Surprisingly, he is stuck in the 90's for basketball, instead of 70's for baseball, and I happen to find a lot of his basketball opinions very agreeable (except for the whole "unisex" stuff, and the shorts length).

"New" LA kings jerseys suck the big one, i am a fan of black and silver, like the Gretzky era unis, but the new ones with the strange piping are no good, and the logo is terrible, a homeplate with "LA" on it ?

Come on, some of the worst jerseys in the NHL

Well, at least you admitted that's an unpopular opinion.

Something you never got around to doing with your pullover love.

Baseball needs to mandate that stirrups, 5" cut, be worn at all times. Hopefully, that will be worked in the CBA and things will start evolving from there.

You think they're going to work how socks should be worn into a CBA? Seriously?

I played baseball up through high school, and started playing softball in the summers a few years back. I hate stirrups, and I hate high socks. I wear baseball pants baggy, down to my ankles. Not so much for aesthetic purposes, but because that's what I think is most comfortable to play in.

Same here. If I wear my pants to my shoes then I can push my socks down and they don't irritate my leg hair.

There was a game in high school where the whole team wanted to wear their pants up as a sign of solidarity. I went 0 for 4 and made an error in the field. I was not happy with our pants decision.

PvO6ZWJ.png