Unpopular Opinions

Dallas Stars current jerseys are beyond terrible, looks like the Hawks St. patty´s jersey, or something you can buy at a cheap supermarked.........color, logo and everything else sucks so bad compared to the "All-Star" look they had pre Edge.

The Blackhawks don't have st. Patty's day uniforms. Only Chinese counterfeiters do.

And that's the way it should always stay. Grown men don't need to wear ugly uniforms like that.
But they force them to in Dallas................:)

I really dislike everyone wearing 42. That's akin to the days before players wore numbers. I can't tell who's who on most teams. And since they don't have names on the back, it's even worse.

I would rather they stick to a patch on each team's sleeve and for me, I'd rather it be every five years, but I certainly am OK with every year.

It just so happens that I have been to the Jackie Robinson game the last two years and it is really bothersome from the stands. First of all, visually it looks weird. Second of all, I can't identify every player on the Philadelphia Phillies or Pittsburgh Pirates simply based on how they look. Hell, it's early in the season so I'm still learning a few of the new guys on my own team.

There's a better way to handle the Jackie Robinson tribute, but I don't think we're putting the toothpaste back in the tube at this point.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I hate the Vancouver Canucks logo and uniforms from the 1970s. Bland, undistinguished, and pretty uncreative. However, a lot of people consider them to be “classics" and “one of the best uniforms in NHL history".

Here's the generic uniform that I'm talking about: http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/97ojkjee6dx3e3su71gpjqqhs/Vancouver_Canucks/1973/Home_Uniform

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

I like the original Bobcats identity

i1mi7060hneh68otdv3z03gst.gif33hmok5yntmgh68s67rmqsg8u.gif

9kgfbjagnundhrhohb7zwotss.gif

Just add the Harvey Two-Face Cat and this set is perfect

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

So now that they've been replaced, how long til someone says the red sox road uniforms they just ditched? (Oh im sure it could already be in this thread)

Good riddance to those tho imo.

I actually did like those in a vacuum, but the red ones are so much better.

The only thing I didn't like about the original Bobcats uniform is the lettering for the NOB. The traditional arched varsity serif clashes with the italic drop shadow. Should have just used straight-across italic lettering for that (but probably not a drop shadow); it's not as if they didn't have the technology. I know the red-orange/slate blue/silver/black palette got some jeers for being a little too '90s Wacky, but I liked it. The road uniforms in particular were quite eye-catching, more so than the updated, more traditional shade of orange.

I also loved the Bobcats' most recent color scheme. Yeah, I know, two-tone blue is way overdone, but I feel like the pastel orange really made things interesting. Of course, the application of the color scheme was atrocious in every way, but it had potential.

The pinstriped Bobcats looked awful.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Unlike most fans I don't like these uniforms. They're a gimmicky money grab faux back. I liked the fact that the Cards had a single home and away uniform (much like the Yankees and Tigers). I have accepted that these probably aren't going away anytime soon.

51f28124c12c9.preview-300.jpg

Phantom is that you?

But seriously, the pirates and whitesox have a pullover as an alt, are you talking about as a primary?

As throwbacks, no?

Guess what you could try doing with a pullover - Put a logo in the middle of the jersey. Like this.

Turn-ahead-the-clock-Rockies.jpg

1999-home-future2.jpg