Unpopular Opinions

I agree with you as far as the logos go, but I feel like pewter was a last minute decision. It's nowhere on the logo and barely on the jerseys. I also don't like the colour itself.

you are dead wrong if you feel that way, it might not have been in the logos, but it was on the word marks, and the helmet which works as a secondary logo was pewter, and the "primary" pants were pewter. It was far from a last minute decision.

As good as the Boston Celtics uniforms look, I wouldn't mind it if they used gold as an accent color. Not only would it work with the Irish motif, but it would be a nice tribute to their championship legacy.

Gold would be better than the black they use in their alts.

No doubt. Heck, they have gold in their logo. Either use that shade or lighten it up a bit and use it.

You guys are talking about this as if they've never worn these

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Pce-L8bvrFE/TIN6NAXdIcI/AAAAAAAAAG8/O9v042X9WE4/s1600/Celtics'%2BGreen%2Band%2BGold%2BAlternate.jpgpaul%2Bpierce.jpgpaul-pierce.jpg

I have seen those and I wish they'd wear them more often. I'd ditch the green and black personally.

• Like 1

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

This is my favorite Redskins look:

redskins_throwback_arrow.jpg

If it used the current colors, it'd be perfect (and ease any potential name change).

I dig those just like they are. I have nothing against their current color scheme, but the old colors are pretty sweet. I agree that these would be good for the transition to a different name.

The team now wears gold pants so I guess it is a step in the right direction. (dance) I also kind of liked those uniforms. The spear logo does not bother me. It is different than Florida State's. Plus, the Seminoles sport gold helmets.

That color scheme is very unique for the NFL.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

@McCarthy I was talking about using gold full-time. As is, the St. Patty's uniforms would make a fantastic alternate to replace the green and black one. Now, if they added gold to the uniforms, I'd make those the away uniforms and do something similar to the 2008 championship jerseys for the home. Or at least have a gold outline around the name, numbers, and NOB.

As good as the Boston Celtics uniforms look, I wouldn't mind it if they used gold as an accent color. Not only would it work with the Irish motif, but it would be a nice tribute to their championship legacy.

Gold would be better than the black they use in their alts.

No doubt. Heck, they have gold in their logo. Either use that shade or lighten it up a bit and use it.

You guys are talking about this as if they've never worn these

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Pce-L8bvrFE/TIN6NAXdIcI/AAAAAAAAAG8/O9v042X9WE4/s1600/Celtics'%2BGreen%2Band%2BGold%2BAlternate.jpgpaul%2Bpierce.jpgpaul-pierce.jpg

I have seen those and I wish they'd wear them more often. I'd ditch the green and black personally.

Unfortunately, they are going to be replaced by those

nba-138197.jpg?width=170&height=170&qual

The NBA, NHL and MLB could use a team with brown as it's primary color.

Very popular. Especially for MLB and the Padres.

Well, if that is the popular opinion, then I guess me heavily disliking brown of all but the darkest shades (such as the Cleveland Browns) as anything other than a secondary/accent color falls under the criteria of this thread.

I'm kinda on the same boat. I don't really like the color brown, but I like the uniqueness of it. I like teams that use brown in their color scheme because it's unique, not because I like the color. Not sure what the consensus is on these forums on that or not.

Grey on the other hand? Very ugly, very overused, just use white.. please.

Since it's topical...

I'd love to see the Tampa Bay Buccaneers pair pewter with orange, although admittedly in just an alternate.* If the pewter really is darker (read: less goldish) and the orange really is creamsicle, as evidenced here (post here):

pewterorange.png

...it could turn out to look quite nice while complimenting the red well.

Of course, as surprisingly good as they could look with Pewter/Pewter/White (again, should it not look so olive/brownish), that wouldn't be such a bad route for them to go, either. Just a couple examples.

*Mainly because we don't know what the uniforms are like, nor the pants colors. I'm now REALLY hoping that the uniform changes are indeed subtle (pewter and maybe white pants, overall conservative design, etc.).

Edited by DustDevil61

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

It sounds stupid to have teams call themselves "football club" when they play in a league called "Major League Soccer."

I know...I get it...you're not cool or hip unless you can throw around the proper European terminology. That's fine. Call it football, or call it soccer, whatever. Just make it consistent.

1.) I like the new Buccaneers uniform, I just think the number font needs to be replaced.

2.) I think the Packers should experiment with a White facemask and a Green monochrome Look

3.) I wish the Washington Wizards would go with the Blue Black and Gold look gain.

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9