Unpopular Opinions

19 hours ago, Ark said:

The problem though is that they once looked like this

HeBJjbMg.jpg

Why use inferior uniforms?

How is this superior? Looks like the only difference is the pants and the stripeless gold is far worse than the whites IMO.

I have very little issue with the St. Louis look as long as they aren't monochrome blue.

11 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

How is this superior? Looks like the only difference is the pants and the stripeless gold is far worse than the whites IMO.

I have very little issue with the St. Louis look as long as they aren't monochrome blue.

It's superior because it's Marshall Faulk

On 8/4/2017 at 4:59 PM, rjrrzube said:

Probably late to this discussion, but I liked the LA bolt that the Chargers used for all of 2 days (or whatever it was). I really don't get all the Twitterverse hate for it. 

Screen+Shot+2017-01-12+at+4.29.08+PM.png

But to each his own ... 

I think the fact that they did not properly communicate the role of this logo killed it before it even had a chance... a lot of people thought this logo was going to appear on the helmet as opposed to merch only. Online designers did great jobs with minorly tweaked designs, though.

• Like 1

My unpopular opinion is that the Kansas City Royals having black caps and uniforms in the mid 2000s was good. The uniforms may not have been the best things ever, but of all the black craze in the in the 90s and 2000s, they were certainly some of the best of the black uniforms used by MLB teams. 

Much better than the other teams take on black (As, Rangers, Mets, Reds) 

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 9:22 PM, MCM0313 said:

Don't know how widespread this opinion is, but I think the Pacers' new duds are the best they've looked since at least the Flo-Jo uniforms of the '90s.

Better. Their best ever IMHO. 

Everyone loves a roundel.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like the Detroit Pistons' original horsehead logo. That was an awful colour scheme for the Pistons and switching to it was a big mistake in their history.

The red, silver & light blue recolouring it got for 2001-02, on the other hand...
444.gif

...In my opinion that's about the perfect Pistons logo. The PISTONS exhaust-pipe script always looked really cool to me, as did the mustang head, and they put it in the team's proper colour scheme to boot, correcting the original's fatal flaw.

• Like 9

On 07/08/2017 at 2:31 PM, Cardsblues02 said:

My unpopular opinion is that the Kansas City Royals having black caps and uniforms in the mid 2000s was good. The uniforms may not have been the best things ever, but of all the black craze in the in the 90s and 2000s, they were certainly some of the best of the black uniforms used by MLB teams. 

Much better than the other teams take on black (As, Rangers, Mets, Reds) 

Weird, because I adore the Mets black. Absolute favourite cap, and just looks fantastic to me. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

23 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

Weird, because I adore the Mets black. Absolute favourite cap, and just looks fantastic to me. 

I actually own a Mets and Royals BFBS cap. Even though I am a Cards fan, I had to get them. Payed three bucks at the local antique store. Dont know what it is, but they both look right to me. Probably because I grew up with them wearing black, but IMO it looks nice. A's on the other hand have no business in black...

• Like 1

I never minded the Mets in black, either. But I think the reason it wasn't all that popular was due to mind share, so to speak. They were blue and orange from their inception (and was a nod to the former NL teams), and they won their championships in those colors and uniforms. So while I think black was integrated well into their identity, it really seemed just like trend riding.

On the other hand, never liked the Royals in black and I never thought they pulled it off well. Their uniforms the past few years have been nearly perfect, I think. I'm glad they won the '15 World Series looking the way they do. Granted, it bothers me they still have a black drop shadow on their primary logo. Have they forgotten to update it?

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 11:11 PM, JerseyJosh said:

Unpopular opinion: the new ads on NBA jerseys don't bother me anymore. 

Its shocking to me me because I went as far as to email Adam Silver and Mark Tatum about the issue last year. 

I agree, but let's wait until we see them in game action. My reaction might change completely.

Everyone loves a roundel.

15 hours ago, Ark said:

A hockey jersey doesn't have to have a traditional waist stripe to be great

The ultimate example of this is the set the Flyers had for 20 years:

Agreed, but it's worth nothing that that sweater had a hem stripe, just not a patterned one, and the hems were straight. We're not talking about a sweater on a template that was originally designed to be worn tucked in before everyone realized that looked really stupid.

twin-peaks.jpg

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫