Unpopular Opinions

13 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

The lack of stripes on the New York Giants home uniform drives me nuts.

I'm with you.  I also don't really like how the Giants are a blue team at home and a red team on the road.  I wish they'd integrate both colors into each jersey.

• Like 2

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I want the Niners to go half way.  Gold outline and sleeve accents but no black or dropshadow.  But they only have overdone it or been very plain.  Guilty (among this crowd) pleasure: I like the dark red.  But regardless of shade, I want a red facemask.

• Like 2

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

I like the Nashville Predators new road jersey.  The old ones (home/road) were good and had they just removed the piping, it would have been perfect.  But, they clearly wanted gold to be the predominant colour when they changed the socks to be that way a few years ago and for some reason, only waited until now to make the full change.

^

Mine, too.  I love that leaf and I think the shoulder version looked great, even if it was a bit redundant.

• Like 2

POTD (Shared)

It's a great look in a vacuum. It just doesn't work given the team's history. 

All of the losing didn't help either :P

All of that said? I've got both a home and road replica. Because I have a problem. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

IMG_7164.JPG.ca9808daff90706c228eaad9612f8ff9.JPG

Honestly?  I know very little about hockey or hockey sweaters, or the Leafs' uniform history...but these look pretty good.  Does wanting them to bring back the cutout leaf count as an unpopular opinion? (Probably)

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

Apparently this is an unpopular opinion around here; I think Oregon looks much better in dark green than apple green. That's not to say the brighter green is not a good color, but I don think it contrasts yellow well enough, and I love the iridescent dark green helmet that mimics a mallard's head.

I'd love to see a new set based on this jersey:IMG_1205.JPG.eeabd12f98fa39b50538a195d95ec2d8.JPG

with matching dark green and white jerseys, yellow and green pants, this helmet with the O, not wings and that would be perfect.IMG_0646.thumb.JPG.72769970f6e109ca4afcc711444f123c.JPG

IMG_0647.JPG

• Like 1

Apparently this is an unpopular opinion around here; I think Oregon looks much better in dark green than apple green. That's not to say the brighter green is not a good color, but I don think it contrasts yellow well enough, and I love the iridescent dark green helmet that mimics a mallard's head.

I'd love to see a new set based on this jersey:IMG_1205.JPG.eeabd12f98fa39b50538a195d95ec2d8.JPG

with matching dark green and white jerseys, yellow and green pants, this helmet with the O, not wings and that would be perfect.IMG_0646.thumb.JPG.72769970f6e109ca4afcc711444f123c.JPG

On 9/29/2017 at 6:37 PM, Arby's. said:

Probably unpopular but I've always believed this is better than the Yankees home set and is the best home look in the American League. 

IMG_1756.JPG

I don't know if it's better than the Yankees...but it's really, really good.  Easily top 5 in AL.

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.