2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

So, there was a $50K fine handed out today....

Link

I haven't put on ESPN in a few hours, have they gone to ESPN 4 once again?

You ain't know? Cujo IS ESPN4.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Link

Damn. That even got a laugh outta me.

POTD? Crown his ass!

6uXNWAo.png

Everytime Favre is on the Crapper, Cujo is here to report it!

As for Favre himself, I honestly find it kind of sad to see a legendary hall of fame career end like this, in scandal and failure. Love him or hate him, he truly is a player that should be respected. One of the greatest ever to play the game. I really think he's done after this year, and I hope he goes out a winner next week.

pony.png

John 3:16

Oh Rocky Top, You'll Always be..home sweet home to me! good ol' Rocky Top! Rocky Top Tennessee !

Link

Therefore, let it be known that on yesterday, Wednesday the 29th day of December of the year of our Lord Twenty-Ten, Sir Buc had the distinguished honor of "Post of the Day" bestowed upon him.

PostoftheDay.png

Jenn Sterger pulled the extortion card and lost.

Not really. The NFL couldn't prove it one way or another. They didn't conclude that Farve was guilty, but they didn't conclude that he was innocent either. And he was fined for not cooperating.

The fact that he admitted to some inappropriate text messages, and that he refused to cooperate with an investigation that would have cleared his name had he been innocent leads me to believe that he was guilty of at least some of what Sterger claimed.

Not that this somehow makes Brett Farve the worst human being to ever play in the National Football League. It just shows that he's like a good number of other rich, famous men who don't think before they do stupid :censored: like this. I understand he's a favourite of yours, but come on. The man's not perfect.

Give me a goddamn break. Have you considered that maybe she wasn't ready to talk about the pictures until long after the incident?

Again, Favre is FAR from perfect.

No, because usually when someone is scared that they're being creeped on will tell someone immediately. Not wait two years until the situation is a non-problem just to :censored: with Favre before he plays the Jets.

Favre is far from perfect. But so is every other human being.

Link

Therefore, let it be known that on yesterday, Wednesday the 29th day of December of the year of our Lord Twenty-Ten, Sir Buc had the distinguished honor of "Post of the Day" bestowed upon him.

PostoftheDay.png

Finally I can light my cigar! And it only took 4.5 years! (dance)

(Before this, I think I might have set a record for most nominations without ever having actually gotten a ribbon.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Give me a goddamn break. Have you considered that maybe she wasn't ready to talk about the pictures until long after the incident?

Again, Favre is FAR from perfect.

No, because usually when someone is scared that they're being creeped on will tell someone immediately. Not wait two years until the situation is a non-problem just to :censored: with Favre before he plays the Jets.

That is not always true. Most of the time there is a substantial delay from when someone is sexually harrassed to when they tell someone about it (if they even tell someone at all).

jNTsTyQ.png

Jenn Sterger pulled the extortion card and lost.

But only because she played the card badly. Suspend Favre or I'll sue... Favre himself? Why should Goodell, the league or the Jets care if she only goes after Favre, and then only after he's retired? It's no skin off their nose.

CCSLC signature.png

Every other human being doesn't have a legion of apologists like Favre does. Apparently you are among their ranks.

Exactly. Jen Sterger's an opportunist for waiting two years and then trying to shake down the NFL. Brett Farve's a slime ball for sending sexually charged text messages to a woman other then his wife.

The difference? Jen Sterger's not someone the sports media is constantly telling us is the god of football and the greatest person to ever wear a NFL uniform.

We've been constantly reminded about Brett Farve's "greatness." This Sterger thing has proven that he's not so great that he's above any other famous and rich man. That's why it's a big deal. It tarnishes the persona of Farve he and the media have built up.

Back in 2003 or 2004 I hopped that Farve would go out with a big win or with a very good game in a playoff loss. Back then I saw him as one of the greats who I felt deserved a worthy send-off.

Since then he's outlived his shelf-life, positioned himself so he's always the centre of attention, and has had the sports media willing to play along. His prima dona act, his "will I or won't I" routine, and his complete and utter hijacking of teams have completely soured me on the man.

Is he a future Hall of Famer? Of course. I'm not so deluded to not give him his due. That said I think he's past the point where he deserves a proper send-off. Neither he nor the media deserve the satisfaction. Getting knocked out of the game this Sunday by Suh just before he's forced to finally accept retirement would be poetic justice for the man who refused to leave while hogging the spotlight.

Regardless of what happens Sunday, I'll be happy. His streak's ended. His season's been a disaster. I know Cujo thinks he'll come back, but I'll be optimistic about it and say that Brett Farve plays his last NFL game this Sunday. Then, finally, it will be over.

Every other human being doesn't have a legion of apologists like Favre does. Apparently you are among their ranks.

Exactly. Jen Sterger's an opportunist for waiting two years and then trying to shake down the NFL. Brett Farve's a slime ball for sending sexually charged text messages to a woman other then his wife.

The difference? Jen Sterger's not someone the sports media is constantly telling us is the god of football and the greatest person to ever wear a NFL uniform.

We've been constantly reminded about Brett Farve's "greatness." This Sterger thing has proven that he's not so great that he's above any other famous and rich man. That's why it's a big deal. It tarnishes the persona of Farve he and the media have built up.

Back in 2003 or 2004 I hopped that Farve would go out with a big win or with a very good game in a playoff loss. Back then I saw him as one of the greats who I felt deserved a worthy send-off.

Since then he's outlived his shelf-life, positioned himself so he's always the centre of attention, and has had the sports media willing to play along. His prima dona act, his "will I or won't I" routine, and his complete and utter hijacking of teams have completely soured me on the man.

Is he a future Hall of Famer? Of course. I'm not so deluded to not give him his due. That said I think he's past the point where he deserves a proper send-off. Neither he nor the media deserve the satisfaction. Getting knocked out of the game this Sunday by Suh just before he's forced to finally accept retirement would be poetic justice for the man who refused to leave while hogging the spotlight.

Regardless of what happens Sunday, I'll be happy. His streak's ended. His season's been a disaster. I know Cujo thinks he'll come back, but I'll be optimistic about it and say that Brett Farve plays his last NFL game this Sunday. Then, finally, it will be over.

Pretty much my thoughts on the matter as well. Like you, I was a big Favre fan before all the nonsense started. He should have walked away after that INT against the Giants in the NFC title game. Had he done that he would have been one of my all-time favorite players. (Not that being on my all-time favorites list means a damn thing to anyone but me but I imagine there are quite a few fans who see Favre in a similar light.)

BB52Big.jpg

I admit I broke my promise. When The Streak © ended I said "it's only a matter of time now, I'll lay off the Farve bashing."

It's just mind-boggling when you consider the level of obsessiveness the media has for the man though. He starts against Chicago, plays 18 minuets, and gets knocked out of the game. Yet the commentators still don't stop talking about him, and even display a Brett Farve Monday Night Football Starter stat graphic in the fourth quarter, long after he was knocked out of the game.

Then this past Tuesday he doesn't even play, and the Joe Webb led Vikings not only upset the NFC East Champion Eagles, but they do so in a convincing manner. Yet the network still shows a "Brett Farve Season Retrospective." The man's not even playing, his backup is having a better game then he's had all season, and the media still won't let up on reminding us of his greatness.

This is why I tell people who are tired of the Farve bashing to get over it. It's purely reactionary. I was honestly willing to never mention him again in this thread after The Streak © ended. Yet the media still couldn't avoid sucking him off.

When Brett Farve finally goes away, when the media finally ends their love affair with the man, the Farve hate will stop.

Archived