2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

No way Marvin Lewis returns. I actually liked him as a coach, but it seems he's fed up with the organization and this is the last year of his deal. Also, Carson Palmer needs to figure some things out. Today he fumbled untouched with 4 mins left. Miraculously the Bengals got the ball down the Ravens 2 and from 4th and 2 Palmer missed two wide open Bengals with ten seconds left. Story of the season. What a disappointment.

It's also likely that Cedrick Benson, Ochocinco, and TO will all be out of the stripes next season. That is, if there's an NFL season in 2011.

anyways, this means the Bengals finish last in the AFC North so this will be their schedule next year:

AFC North - Ravens 2x, Steelers 2x, Browns 2x

AFC South - Colts, Jaguars, Texans, Titans

NFC West - 49ers, Cardinals, Rams, Seahawks

flex games - Bills, Broncos

The good news is that schedule should be a lot easier than this season's (hardest in the NFL btw) and the new coach won't have too difficult a road. I sincerely hope they promote Mike Zimmer from defensive coordinator to HC next season.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh Rrrrussellll!!!! (Oh--and you too, Chawls. :P )

Okay, sure, after three quarters, the Saints really ain't have nothing to play for in terms of seeding. (By the way, congrats, Atlanta...they might can take it all the way.) Okay, sure, the Saints were missing some key offensive cogs. Well, so was Tampa--except that by and large NO's big cogs are definitely better than TB's. No matter, because for the three quarters that mattered to the Saints, the Buccaneers straight-up outplayed the Saints. They came in, knew what they had to do...and did it.

This also bears mentioning...yes the Buccaneers now need help from Washington and Chicago, but for what it is on its own, Tampa Bay, and all those young'ns, just finished the season 10-6...on the road...within the division. The tenth win was also their first against a team with a winning record. It was a victory within the division...and against one of the league's top teams. And they did with three more rookies starting today--two of those being on the offensive line. (Let's not also forget the issues between Freeman and Zuttah--they were not synching today.) And everyone say hello to Dezmon Briscoe while you're at it. Speaking of rookies...I think LeGarrette's been touted enough...and Josh Freeman. Wow. I may despise the Steelers, but I definitely respect them...and I think we're seeing Ben Roethlisberger 2.0 developing down in Tampa.

All that having been said, this team's got some things to work on moving forward. But still, when one looks back over the course of this season, who woulda thunk at season's beginning that this team would finish above .500, let alone at 10-6? A team that's started ten different rookies and just about as many sophomores. A team two years removed from a complete blow-up. A team whose oldest player and head coach are the same age. That's a little mind-boggling to think about...but the Buccaneers just pulled that off. If this is it for them this season, I can definitely say it's been one of the better ones to witness in recent memory, as for the first time since right before Tony Dungy got let go, the team appears to have a rudder again. Credit Mo-Mo for one helluva vision at the outset. Things are definitely looking up going forward.

/fan rant

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Okay, sure, after three quarters, the Saints really ain't have nothing to play for in terms of seeding. (By the way, congrats, Atlanta...they might can take it all the way.) Okay, sure, the Saints were missing some key offensive cogs. Well, so was Tampa--except that by and large NO's big cogs are definitely better than TB's. No matter, because for the three quarters that mattered to the Saints, the Buccaneers straight-up outplayed the Saints. They came in, knew what they had to do...and did it.

This also bears mentioning...yes the Buccaneers now need help from Washington and Chicago, but for what it is on its own, Tampa Bay, and all those young'ns, just finished the season 10-6. The tenth win was their first against a team with a winning record. It was a victory within the division...and against one of the league's top teams. And they did with three more rookies starting today--two of those being on the offensive line. (Let's not also forget the issues between Freeman and Zuttah--they were not synching today.) And everyone say hello to Dezmon Briscoe while you're at it. Speaking of rookies...I think LeGarrette's been touted enough...and Josh Freeman. Wow. I may despise the Steelers, but I definitely respect them...and I think we're seeing Ben Roethlisberger 2.0 developing down in Tampa.

All that having been said, this team's got some things to work on moving forward. But still, when one looks back over the course of this season, who woulda thunk at season's beginning that this team would finish above .500, let alone at 10-6? A team that's started ten different rookies and just about as many sophomores. A team two years removed from a complete blow-up. A team whose oldest player and head coach are the same age. That's a little mind-boggling to think about...but the Buccaneers just pulled that off. If this is it for them this season, I can definitely say it's been one of the better ones to witness in recent memory, as for the first time since right before Tony Dungy got let go, the team appears to have a rudder again. Credit Mo-Mo for one helluva vision at the outset. Things are definitely looking up going forward.

/fan rant

Quoted for truth.

As a Seahawk fan, I so want Seattle to win tonight so they get some payback against the Lambs.

But, should I even feel happy if they win? I know it's a win, but god... 7-9 division champions. I don't know weather to celebrate or feel bummed out because I know New Orleans is going to smoke 'em next weekend.

Week 17 has been a snoozefest thus far. Hopefully teams begin to pick up their play so we can have some exciting finishes to games...

Part of me wants both the Giants and Packers to stumble to see the Bucs sneak into the wildcard.

Oh yeah, first 4 games winning streak for the Lions since 1999! Woot.

As a Seahawk fan, I so want Seattle to win tonight so they get some payback against the Lambs.

But, should I even feel happy if they win? I know it's a win, but god... 7-9 division champions. I don't know weather to celebrate or feel bummed out because I know New Orleans is going to smoke 'em next weekend.

It bears mentioning that the youngest team in the league just took down those same Saints in the Superdome earlier today. Just saying...anything's possible in the playoffs. You saw what Arizona did in '08. And I think they were the weakest team in the field that postseason.

Part of me wants both the Giants and Packers to stumble to see the Bucs sneak into the wildcard.

Well...ALL of me wants to. :P By the way, congrats to your Lions. Heckuva way to close out the season up in the Motor City.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Well...ALL of me wants to. :P By the way, congrats to your Lions. Heckuva way to close out the season up in the Motor City.

Right now, I think the Bears are going to take care of the Packers... You have to hope that the Giants have one last choke job left in them...

And thanks... Longest winning streak in the NFL outside of the New England Patriots. :D

So...um...should somebody check on the Wisconsinites? They have got to be on suicide watch at this point.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Bears looked god awful today, and they were going full-bore. Thank god we have a bye.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

This also bears mentioning...yes the Buccaneers now need help from Washington and Chicago, but for what it is on its own, Tampa Bay, and all those young'ns, just finished the season 10-6...on the road...within the division. The tenth win was also their first against a team with a winning record. It was a victory within the division...and against one of the league's top teams. And they did with three more rookies starting today--two of those being on the offensive line. (Let's not also forget the issues between Freeman and Zuttah--they were not synching today.) And everyone say hello to Dezmon Briscoe while you're at it. Speaking of rookies...I think LeGarrette's been touted enough...and Josh Freeman. Wow. I may despise the Steelers, but I definitely respect them...and I think we're seeing Ben Roethlisberger 2.0 developing down in Tampa.

/fan rant

Congrats, good win today. I was worried because this is exactly the kind of game Payton's Saints teams have not played well in, like last year's final 3. Did you see that fake QB sneak on 4th and 1 that the Bucs got a TD on? Jabari Greer was fantastic last season; this year he's getting beaten like a bass drum. :cursing:

It also concerns me that, having handled the Rams and Seahawks easily earlier this year, the Saints could get a nasty surprise next week if they show up thinking a win is in the bag. I really hope they're above that.

As for the %$(#(@$ Falcons...the bastards earned the NFC South title (though Hartley sure helped in Week 3!!) and the #1 seed, so congrats TFoA and the other Falcon faithful. I'm getting a taste of what Falcons fans went through last year watching the Saints and I have to say, I really don't care for it. :P

P.S. As of 7:28 PM EST, NFL.com's playoff picture still shows Tampa Bay at Philadelphia next week. Nice job being on it, NFL! :rolleyes:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Peace to the crib G-Men, On to Philly.

They should have no problem with the Eagles. The Cowboys just dominated them today. Then of course, there's all the thugs that play for Philadelphia.

You CAN'T be for real. I mean if you are, then wow.

What the hell is going on with the Eagles? I mean...I know they benched Vick, but did Kolb play that poorly?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived