2010 NFL Season

NEW.ERA

I'm not defending Will, or racism, or whatever, by any means, but every time he posts something dumb (which is like three times a week), people flip a :censored:. I just think by this point we should be expecting this to happen and stop treating it as something outrageous. If he only exists to throw out bait then that doesn't make him better at all, but at least he never resorts to name-calling and bashing other posters. So the only reason he's still this big of an issue is because people continue to respond to everything he says.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, guys.... There are other things to talk about outside of what will said. You can take that however way you want, but to get mad over someone else's dumb comments just makes you look dumb because you're letting someone on the internet get your goat.

As for the game last night: Way to crap the bed, Eagles. Nice job... Now, let's see if you guys can handle business after this stinker.

This loss hurts far more then you think.

I'm not defending Will, or racism, or whatever, by any means, but every time he posts something dumb (which is like three times a week), people flip a :censored:. I just think by this point we should be expecting this to happen and stop treating it as something outrageous. If he only exists to throw out bait then that doesn't make him better at all, but at least he never resorts to name-calling and bashing other posters. So it's only one side that is making his (pretend or not) ignorance a continuing issue.

Will's "continuing ignorance" is not the issue here. Will's basic idiotic football posts aren't treated as "something outrageous." He's either ignored or he's called an idiot. No one takes it seriously and no one "flips a :censored: " over Will's football posts.

What the guy did yesterday was come in here and call every non-white player on the Pro Bowl roster a "thug." There was no mistaking what he was saying. There was no mistaking who he was targeting with that statement. If you want to make less of that than what it was that is your choice. You do not however get to hop on your high horse and look down on those of us who feel Will's overtly racist post went way over the line.

There's a difference between claiming that any team not in the SEC does not deserve shot at the BCS title game and calling every non-white player who made the Pro Bowl a thug. Equating Will's Pro Bowl statement with one of his football posts is as idiotic as he is. It pissed some people off and you're just going to have to deal with that.

BB52Big.jpg

You know, guys.... There are other things to talk about outside of what will said. You can take that however way you want, but to get mad over someone else's dumb comments just makes you look dumb because you're letting someone on the internet get your goat.

As for the game last night: Way to crap the bed, Eagles. Nice job... Now, let's see if you guys can handle business after this stinker.

This loss hurts far more then you think.

It absolutely doesn't. They underachieved and played carelessly against a, despite their record, talented Vikings team in a game that was played under relatively unique circumstances. It happens all the time in the NFL. The only losses that really, really hurt are the ones that eliminate you from the playoffs or playoff contention, or cripple your chances of getting in. I don't think it's so bad that a young team has a lapse in a should-win game late in the season. They can learn from it and move on. Now they're locked into the three seed, and can rest their guys as opposed to trying to play Vick and potentially still not get a top two seed.

IUe6Hvh.png

I'm not defending Will, or racism, or whatever, by any means, but every time he posts something dumb (which is like three times a week), people flip a :censored:. I just think by this point we should be expecting this to happen and stop treating it as something outrageous. If he only exists to throw out bait then that doesn't make him better at all, but at least he never resorts to name-calling and bashing other posters. So it's only one side that is making his (pretend or not) ignorance a continuing issue.

Will's "continuing ignorance" is not the issue here. Will's basic idiotic football posts aren't treated as "something outrageous." He's either ignored or he's called an idiot. No one takes it seriously and no one "flips a :censored: " over Will's football posts.

What the guy did yesterday was come in here and call every non-white player on the Pro Bowl roster a "thug." There was no mistaking what he was saying. There was no mistaking who he was targeting with that statement. If you want to make less of that than what it was that is your choice. You do not however get to hop on your high horse and look down on those of us who feel Will's overtly racist post went way over the line.

There's a difference between claiming that any team not in the SEC does not deserve shot at the BCS title game and calling every non-white player who made the Pro Bowl a thug. Equating Will's Pro Bowl statement with one of his football posts is as idiotic as he is. It pissed some people off and you're just going to have to deal with that.

That's fine. I'm not looking down at anyone or upset that people take offense at racism. I guess from where I'm standing, even though yes, he went over the line, it's still his usual nondescript troll-ish statement, and even though it's being taken more seriously, the level of reaction doesn't seem all that different to me from what it usually is (you can say he is, but he is never actually ignored). It doesn't matter to me whether people bust on Will, but it doesn't seem to be doing much other than glorifying idiocy.

Was that really the same Viking team that just 2 weeks ago, got trampled over by the Giants on the ground? Welcome to the NFL!

Haha, a 3 team version of the NFL Parity Wheel. NFL, you so crazy.

Not sure if this has been posted, but:

We always enjoy hearing from Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder, whether he?s launching into bizarre diatribes about Anne Frank and Helen Keller, or saying he has no idea where London is. So we took notice when Crowder weighed in on the Most Valuable Player debate between Michael Vick and Tom Brady.

?Everybody knows it should be Michael Vick, but they?re going to let Brady win it because it?s Tom Brady,? Crowder told FanHouse. ?You?ve got to go with Vick. Vick?s my dude.?

I?m not sure it?s fair to say that ?everybody knows? it should be Vick, as Brady?s passing numbers have been significantly better than Vick?s this year?s, and the Patriots have been the best team in football.

Crowder may be right, however, that some voters will lean toward Brady for reasons that have more to do with Brady and Vick as people than Brady and Vick as quarterbacks. On the other hand, some voters might lean toward Vick because the redemption story seems too good to pass up.

Whatever the merits of the two candidates, with two games to go for Vick

Haters gonna hate.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I heard people in the staff locker room joking about taking pictures of his seat, but I didn't even bother to ask why. I didn't even know about this until I saw it on the news. That seat isn't even that far from my section, so I'm shocked I didn't know about it. If it was up to me, it would have been a mound of yellow snow.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think it's one thing to call a guy with a criminal record a "thug" even if you're using the word "thug" just because he's black -- I mean, just because a different word may be used, doesn't mean we don't think just as lowly of white players who have done similar wrong-doing's.

This problem isn't whether or not white players are being looked down on equally, the problem is using race as the basis for what to call someone in a negative context, which is why it became socially unacceptable to use the n-word in the first place.

Now watch some idiot retort with some boilerplate justification for saying "n" because rappers use it.

That's fine. I'm not looking down at anyone or upset that people take offense at racism. I guess from where I'm standing, even though yes, he went over the line, it's still his usual nondescript troll-ish statement, and even though it's being taken more seriously, the level of reaction doesn't seem all that different to me from what it usually is (you can say he is, but he is never actually ignored). It doesn't matter to me whether people bust on Will, but it doesn't seem to be doing much other than glorifying idiocy.

You'd have a point if Sizemore or I had called for Will's banishment over one of his moronic SEC posts. That was clearly not the case and most everyone seems to understand the difference except you. It's mind boggling to me that you keep equating an obviously racist post with some idiotic rant about the SEC. Luckily for me I guess, "people taking offense to racism" is OK with you. :rolleyes: But you should certainly feel free to keep telling me how his racist comment was just his "usual nondescript troll-ish statement."

One of us is clearly failing to see the difference between "typical Will Morris" and what he said yesterday and I don't think it's me.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived