Coaches on the hot seat going into 'Black Monday':

Marvin Lewis - Bengals

Eric Mangini - Browns

Tom Cable - Raiders

Gary Kubiak - Texans

Jack Del Rio - Jaguars

Tony Sparano - Dolphins

Jeff Fisher - Titans

For anyone else wondering, the Panthers put John Fox out of his misery three days ago.

My picks: Lewis - gone, Mangini - gone especially after losing to Cin and Buf, Cable - good, Kubiak - good, Del Rio - good, Sparano - good, Fisher - gone.

It's being reported that Marvin Lewis may excuse himself from the Bengals job. This is the last year of his contract and he said unless they upgrade facilities and personnel then he isn't coming back even if the Bengals wanted him to.

I hope they promote Mike Zimmer from D-coordinator to head coach.

I'd be ok with Zimmer as Head Coach, even though I don't think Marvin should get fired.

You can only work with what you've got.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Saints have also never won a playoff game away from home.

Gotta love the Playoffs!

1. The Super Bowl is a playoff game.

2. Miami is not New Orleans.

Therefore, your statement is incorrect.

That said, they are indeed 0-3 aside from the SB win, including twice at Chicago. I'm hoping GB beats Philly then goes to Chicago and beats them while the Saints win at Seattle and at Atlanta. That would put the NFC Championship in the cozy confines of the Superdome. B)

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Oh God, where's seadragon at? This could be an epic night in this thread.

I had to get some sleep. I work early in the morning, so I did find out the good news about the Seahawks beating the Lambs by 10 to win the NFC West. To all of those who say the 'Hawks don't deserve a home game in the playoffs, all I got to say is.... Haters gonna hate.

Now, it's time to bring on the Saints. This time... Let's see how they can handle the Real Loud House.

Besides, that means your funeral would be dimly lit and poorly attended.

Excellent.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Gotta love the Playoffs!

That said, they are indeed 0-3 aside from the SB win, including twice at Chicago. I'm hoping GB beats Philly then goes to Chicago and beats them while the Saints win at Seattle and at Atlanta. That would put the NFC Championship in the cozy confines of the Superdome. B)

If the two Wild Card teams win, Green Bay would go to Atlanta and the Saints would go to Chicago.

And we all know what happens to the Saints when they go to Chicago for a playoff game...

Coaches on the hot seat going into 'Black Monday':

Marvin Lewis - Bengals

Eric Mangini - Browns

Tom Cable - Raiders

Gary Kubiak - Texans

Jack Del Rio - Jaguars

Tony Sparano - Dolphins

Jeff Fisher - Titans

For anyone else wondering, the Panthers put John Fox out of his misery three days ago.

My picks: Lewis - gone, Mangini - gone especially after losing to Cin and Buf, Cable - good, Kubiak - good, Del Rio - good, Sparano - good, Fisher - gone.

It's being reported that Marvin Lewis may excuse himself from the Bengals job. This is the last year of his contract and he said unless they upgrade facilities and personnel then he isn't coming back even if the Bengals wanted him to.

I hope they promote Mike Zimmer from D-coordinator to head coach.

I'd be ok with Zimmer as Head Coach, even though I don't think Marvin should get fired.

You can only work with what you've got.

I think very little of the Bengals problems are Marvin Lewis, but this shows what a screwed up backwards organization the Bengals run. Lewis says you need to upgrade player personnel and training facilities and instead of the Brown family taking it into consideration and thinking that he may be right, they get offended and angry that Lewis would bring such a thing up and say "well if it's not good enough for him then he can leave". It's idiotic and it's the reason Mike Brown has two playoff appearances (thanks to Marvin) and 0 playoff victories since he's been in control of the team.

I don't blame him for leaving at all and considering what he's had to work under, it's incredible that he was able to win two division titles, especially with Baltimore and Pittsburgh in the division all these years.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Gotta love the Playoffs!

If the two Wild Card teams win, Green Bay would go to Atlanta and the Saints would go to Chicago.

And we all know what happens to the Saints when they go to Chicago for a playoff game...

I don't think that's right. NFL.com says, "In the divisional playoffs, the division champion with the best record in each conference will host the lowest-seeded wild-card survivor." So if Atlanta gets the lowest remaining seed, the Saints are #5 and GB is #6.

===

Edit: Duh to me. See what 4 hours sleep does to thought patterns? Okay, so if Philadelphia wins, they go to Chicago for Fog Bowl II and the Saints go to Atlanta. Still rooting for GB though 'cause even if the Saints have to beat Chicago and the Packers go through Atlanta for the NFC title game to be in N.O., fine. :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Mangini out in Cleveland. The only bad move Mike Holmgren has made in his first year with the organization.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Bears looked god awful today, and they were going full-bore. Thank god we have a bye.

Full bore with absolutely nothing to play for. There's a difference.

They played their starters the entire game, but clearly the Bears weren't using the entire playbook. Their playcalling was about as wide open as mine while playing Madden. The only thing missing was the fake punt on their own 30, followed up a hurry-up fake punt on 1st and 10.

Packers at Eagles next week. I'm having a flashback....

freddie-mitchell-philadelphia-eagles-catch-autographed-photograph-3345779.jpg

"4th and FredEx"

LOL. I still laugh because the refs gave him about a yard and a half on the spot of the ball.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Bill Cowher countdown's on in Miami, Fox should be the Brown's head coach before the end of the week, Ron Rivera's interviewing for Carolina.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Mo-Mo..get this man down into the Tampa fold someway, somehow.

Okay, so he might've busted a jaw or two in his lifetime. So what? This guy did the improbable in Oakland...took a rogue group of ragtags and has-beens and got them playing HARD again. You seen what he just pulled off...going undefeated within the division. Ask Atlanta or New Orleans...that sh** don't come easy. Took a team with no clear direction and gave it a rudder again. AND he did all this while working underneath the most senile owner in pro sports (whose jaw, it should be noted, he did not bust, though he probably should have). After seeing all that, and seeing some of the feats he accomplished, most notably that road victory in Pittsburgh last season, I've gained a ton of respect for the guy. And if my memory serves me right, he once was a line coach before he got the head gig out there in Oakland...there's instant value right there for the Buccaneers and all them young'ns. It's been said teams sometimes take on the identity of their head coach, if he's an effective one. I've watched the Raiders the past two years. I want that guy, and that personality, down in Tampa.

Mo-Mo...make it happen.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Fox should be the Brown's head coach before the end of the week

Fox? Supposedly Holmgren and Heckert want someone with past ties, and since Gruden is highly unlikely, the rumors are out there for Marty Mornhinweg...

Fox should be the Brown's head coach before the end of the week

Fox? Supposedly Holmgren and Heckert want someone with past ties, and since Gruden is highly unlikely, the rumors are out there for Marty Mornhinweg...

Just going by what I read.

NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora reports that several league executives believe John Fox, coming off a nine-year stint with the Carolina Panthers, stands at the front of the line to replace Mangini. The Browns are also eyeing Jon Gruden as a potential replacement.

La Canfora reports that if Fox were to replace Mangini, he would likely be joined by Denver Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy.

If they pursue Gruden, the former Oakland Raiders and Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Jon Gruden, La Canfora reports that the job may not be a perfect fit in Gruden's mind -- despite his admiration for Browns owner Randy Lerner and Holmgren -- because Cleveland lacks the right offensive personnel.

-nfl.com

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

To all of those who say the 'Hawks don't deserve a home game in the playoffs, all I got to say is.... Haters gonna hate.

The people who say that say it not necessarily because they're haters, but because it's true. No team that loses more teams than it wins deserves to go to the playoffs.

Of course, I wanted the Rams to win. But since they didn't, I'm glad the Seahawks own the tiebreaker, because I wouldn't want the Rams to go to the playoffs at 7-9, even though they are my favorite team.

Now, it's time to bring on the Saints. This time... Let's see how they can handle the Real Loud House.

I hope you're kidding about that, right? There's no way the Seahawks* get anywhere close to defeating the Saints.

*Edited: I originally typed "There's no way the Saints ... close to defeating the Saints", but an observant person caught my mistake.

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

To all of those who say the 'Hawks don't deserve a home game in the playoffs, all I got to say is.... Haters gonna hate.

The people who say that say it not necessarily because they're haters, but because it's true. No team that loses more teams than it wins deserves to go to the playoffs.

Of course, I wanted the Rams to win. But since they didn't, I'm glad the Seahawks own the tiebreaker, because I wouldn't want the Rams to go to the playoffs at 7-9, even though they are my favorite team.

I hope you're kidding about that, right? There's no way the Saints get anywhere close to defeating the Saints.

This is fantastic.

e240217.gif

Mo-Mo..get this man down into the Tampa fold someway, somehow.

Okay, so he might've busted a jaw or two in his lifetime. So what? This guy did the improbable in Oakland...took a rogue group of ragtags and has-beens and got them playing HARD again. You seen what he just pulled off...going undefeated within the division. Ask Atlanta or New Orleans...that sh** don't come easy. Took a team with no clear direction and gave it a rudder again. AND he did all this while working underneath the most senile owner in pro sports (whose jaw, it should be noted, he did not bust, though he probably should have). After seeing all that, and seeing some of the feats he accomplished, most notably that road victory in Pittsburgh last season, I've gained a ton of respect for the guy. And if my memory serves me right, he once was a line coach before he got the head gig out there in Oakland...there's instant value right there for the Buccaneers and all them young'ns. It's been said teams sometimes take on the identity of their head coach, if he's an effective one. I've watched the Raiders the past two years. I want that guy, and that personality, down in Tampa.

Mo-Mo...make it happen.

I agree. It is a minor miracle what Cable did with that roster. Who would coach the Raiders at this point, other than a career assistant who would otherwise never get a chance?

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived