2010-11 NHL Season Thread

Still MIGHTY

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally the Rangers show some heart last night with a comeback win late. I was beginning to think that every Rangers game ends with them losing by 1 after giving up an early goal in the 3rd. I'm gonna be honest, the Devils look pretty good right now though.

You're a Ranger fan, too?

Wow just when I think you couldn't be any worse :P

Haha yes, but I'm not a diehard. I actually just started following hockey like a year or 2 ago. And if you don't like Duke why are they in your sig? :P

Finally the Rangers show some heart last night with a comeback win late. I was beginning to think that every Rangers game ends with them losing by 1 after giving up an early goal in the 3rd. I'm gonna be honest, the Devils look pretty good right now though.

Haha yes, but I'm not a diehard. I actually just started following hockey like a year or 2 ago. And if you don't like Duke why are they in your sig? :P

My sig's based on what a restaurant here on the Hill called Varsity does for football season. They have the banners of each opponent and flip them over after a win. I'm taking that concept and doing it for lacrosse. Syracuse-Duke's gonna be the Big City Classic nightcap this year and should be a goodie

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

My sig's based on what a restaurant here on the Hill called Varsity does for football season. They have the banners of each opponent and flip them over after a win. I'm taking that concept and doing it for lacrosse. Syracuse-Duke's gonna be the Big City Classic nightcap this year and should be a goodie

Ok, makes much more sense now. I was wondering how you could be a 'Cuse fan with Notre Dame, St. Johns, Providence, and a bunch of Big East schools in you're sig. :P

Edit: Did'nt want to make another post for this, but where did you get all of those banners? They're sweet.

Ok, makes much more sense now. I was wondering how you could be a 'Cuse fan with Notre Dame, St. Johns, Providence, and a bunch of Big East schools in you're sig. :P

Edit: Did'nt want to make another post for this, but where did you get all of those banners? They're sweet.

Made them myself. I may make them into a series if I have time

Anyhoo, going back on topic, just when you think things in the West aren't tight, every night it gets tighter. Gonna be fun to watch the next month and a half

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Made them myself. I may make them into a series if I have time

Anyhoo, going back on topic, just when you think things in the West aren't tight, every night it gets tighter. Gonna be fun to watch the next month and a half

If you want help with that just let me know, I'd love to help.

Dont really understand this trade from Tampas end.

$1.5M vs $535K. They save almost a million right there.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Dont really understand this trade from Tampas end.

$1.5M vs $535K. They save almost a million right there.

Which is fine if you have no intention of actually playing him. Having watched Curtis in both Calgary and Anaheim, I question his usefulness even as a backup.

It was mentioned by a hockey writer that now all three options in goal for Tampa are UFA's at the end of the season. This way they can make a clean start in goal during the summer.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

Another trade for people to bite on, all be it a minor one.

To Montreal

D Brent Sopel

F Nigel Dawes

To Atlanta

Prospect Ben Maxwell

4th RD Pick

Dawes was a workhorse when he was in Calgary on the 3rd line and got a bit of PP time as well (Have no clue why he was bought out) and then in Atlanta just fell of the radar.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Apparently, Youtube is interested in streaming NHL and NBA games via their site, while the NHL isn't.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/23/youtube-says-its-in-talks-to-stream-nhl-nba-games-nhl-says-it/

That would be so cool. Even though I would'nt really need it, it'd be sweet to have.

Stillman back to Carolina. No word yet on the return.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived