MLB Postseason and World Series thread

infrared41

Pardon my baseball ignorance, but how the hell did Jeff Francoeur end up in Texas, & end up being somewhat successful in this playoff game?

I'm not complaining. Now that he isn't a Met, I actually feel good about seeing him succeed. Good game, Rangers. Nice.

Because Omar Minaya hated players with grit and tenacity who gave it their all during games.

Don't many players "who gave/give it their all during games" go on the DL a lot?

Ron Washington has not tied Johnny Oates for most post season wins by a manager in Rangers history. Congrats!

When the Rangers decided to play more "like Tampa" in making Price throw pitches, 24 pitches (23 FB, 1 Curve), it was something they rarely did all season and it worked.

Joe Maddon did something bizarre to me in not only putting Baldelli not on the roster, but batting him behind Pena and have Zobrist batting 7th. He basically took an AB away from Zobrist.

He went "all in" for today's game and now he needs Shields to win tomorrow. Shields will try to keep them going down 0-2, but he is their 4th best pitcher. Luckily, the Rangers will go with CJ Wilson who is the easiest LHP to run against.

The called 2nd strike (foul tip) against Pena in the first was a missed call, but that is not to say that Lee was not going to get out of it.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Reds will go 11-0 this postseason. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a moron.

Whether those who disagree are morons or not is open to debate. But I think we can all agree that before the Reds can go undefeated in the postseason they will need to get at least one hit right?

BB52Big.jpg

Doc Holladay is lightin' it up. Three outs away from a no-hitter!! I'm at the edge of my seat, what a performance. I really hope he gets it, that'd be a sight to see.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I didn't mean those as a joke, those are really my predictions. The Reds will go 11-0 this postseason. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a moron.

You were saying?

Well, the first two games have been duds. Hopefully Yankees-Twins can provide us with a little excitement.

That was a dud?

EDIT: Glad I'm not the only one scratching my head after that

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Regardless of if he gets it or not, We just witnessed with quite possibly the greatest postseason debut of all-time.

And now he's 2 outs away.....

I took the liberty of editing your post. Hope you don't mind.

Jesus, how does he follow that?

BB52Big.jpg

well that went about as poorly as it possibly could have. I feel like I've been victimized by Roy Halladay. Bent over and abused. At least we threw Edison Volquez and didn't waste one of the better starters.

We'll see how resilient the Reds really are on Friday. I'm not optimistic.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived