MLB Postseason and World Series thread

infrared41

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For a team that's the best in the AL, Tampa is sure doing themselves no favor... and now make it 5-0 Rangers. Wow... Rangers up 2-0 on the Rays as they head to Arlington sounds pretty feisable now.

Embarrassing and pathetic. Rays don't deserve to win this series.

At least the Rays don't toy with your emotions throughout the course of a playoff game.

Oh, we're ahead by 3 runs and our pitching is dominant, we should win this game! Oh, there goes another 2-run homer.

Sorry to double post, but this is interesting:

1. Carl Pavano has decided to wear the throwback uniforms in hopes of changing the Twins' luck.

EVEN BETTER....

2. Gardy buried his uniform from Game 1.

Won't help. The Bombers will still sweep.

6uXNWAo.png

1. Carl Pavano has decided to wear the throwback uniforms in hopes of changing the Twins' luck.

EVEN BETTER....

It's likely at this point. I'm getting sick of losing to the damn Yankees every year.

When your team is losing, it seems like every call goes against you, and that's how I feel right now. But that home plate umpire missed that strike call, leading to Berkman's RBI double (and Gardy's ejection). If the Twins don't come back to make this series close, the MLB needs to implement a rule stating that the Twins cannot play the Yankees in the ALDS. :wacko:

MLB to charge tenants of Rangers Ballpark office building

From the story:

The league has said that guests must buy a $25 standing-room only ticket to see the Rangers play the Tampa Bay Rays in the team's first postseason home game in more than a decade. That ticket price jumps to $40 for the next round and would be $50 if the Rangers reach the World Series.

League spokesman Pat Courtney said the ticket price is intended to protect the 30 baseball teams, which all receive a part of the postseason ticket revenues. The fee has frustrated some tenants, who already pay for the balconies as part of their lease.

It appears that one tenant is willing to pay the price since he said he will have five kegs and his food delivered on Friday to not to have any issues with MLB security on Saturday.

EVEN BETTER....

It's likely at this point. I'm getting sick of losing to the damn Yankees every year.

When your team is losing, it seems like every call goes against you, and that's how I feel right now. But that home plate umpire missed that strike call, leading to Berkman's RBI double (and Gardy's ejection). If the Twins don't come back to make this series close, the MLB needs to implement a rule stating that the Twins cannot play the Yankees in the ALDS. :wacko:

Bull. The double was a result of a hitter besting a pitcher. Plain and simple. The pitch was close but, but you have to bounce back. I was at last night's game and watching on TV now and the sense of entitlement the Twins fans (of which I was one) have is embarrassing. Why do the Yankees beat us every time? Cuz they are better. And not a little better, but a ton. If we played them 162 a year, they'd go 150 and 12.

I'm sorry, but one missed call on a pitch does not make the huge inning that is about to occur. A great team moves on and gets it done.

And Gardy's reaction was nothing short of pathetic and aimed at showing up the ump. He needs a big fine for that.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Two strikes Valencia...gotta swing if it's close.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The NFL has the San Diego Chargers. The NHL has the San Jose Sharks. And Major League Baseball has the Minnesota Twins.

Legit question here: Does Roy Halladay go into The Hall as a Blue Jay, or now as a Philadelphia Phillie? I'm leaning towards the latter.

I don't think he's a Hall of Famer at all. Who knows if he's juicing or not - he's playing in the steroid era, so his accomplishments must be tainted.

Really Will? Really? You just have to find ways of tainting your team don't you
I don't know if Albert Pujols or Jose Bautista aren't juicing, either, and after people like Bonds and McGwire, I see no reason to extend the benefit of the doubt.

So I guess we should automatically assume that every player takes steroids. C'mon dude, really? Yeah it's the steroid era, but it dosen't mean every single player who has a great season or better juices up. There is such a thing as work ethic and talent these days, shocking, but they still exist.

You can't show me a single player that has tested positive for Work Ethic or Talent. I could show you dozens that have tested positive for Steroids.

Will is right - we don't know about Halladay... or anyone else. That being said, if he's taking something, even if it's just Work Ethic or Talent, I hope he keeps taking it. I don't care if his heart explodes right on the field, as long as it's late in a game and he has a shutout when it happens, everything would be cool.

I understand where you're coming from, but I think this whole mentality that we must have suspiscion of everyone has ruined the game more than steroids themselves. In my mind it's defeatist and does the game no good whatsoever. Everytime someone has a great season, it's not "Wow, what a season he had!", it's "Hmm. Something's up." See what I mean? Roy Halladay throws a postseason no hitter and then someone all of the sudden suspects he's juiced. I understand it's the mentality of the era, but in my mind if we want to move on, then we actually have to make an effort TO move on.

Anyways, to keep in line with the topic, I'm feeling pretty confident in my Rangers pick. I had a good feeling they'd play well against the Rays, and they're really doing so. Hopefully they continue to prove me right!

If New York wins again tonight, I'm never watching a Twins-Yankees game again. What would be the point? It's like it's in a contract that the Yankees will always win.

And last but not least, I'm really, really looking forward to Braves-Giants tonight. Something tells me this is going to be one exciting series. Plus, two ROY candidates battling it out in Posey and Heyward. Fun stuff!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

R.I.P. World Series aspirations

The Twins have been pathetic. The fans at Target Field have been pathetic.

:censored: the Yankees, but more importantly, :censored: the Twins. Beat them. Show up and beat the goddamn Yankees. Piss poor, I tell you, piss poor.

The only thing that can change my attitude will be when Randy starts styling all over the Meadowlands on Monday night.

:censored: the Yankees, but more importantly, :censored: the Twins. Beat them. Show up and beat the goddamn Yankees. Piss poor, I tell you, piss poor.

The only thing that can change my attitude will be when Randy starts styling all over the Meadowlands on Monday night.

It is not the fans, it is more of the fact that the Metrodome was such an advantage in the playoff that it will take time for Target Field to at 75% the previous level.

It is not the fans, it is more of the fact that the Metrodome was such an advantage in the playoff that it will take time for Target Field to at 75% the previous level.

Not like the Metrodome helped them to beat the Yankees, lately.

It's not the noise I am talking about, it was the constant bitching over every single ball and strike. Very embarassing that they don't realize they can't see the right view of the plate from their seats, therefor they cannot boo because they have no :censored:ing idea where the pitch was. I'm glad there was that one "bad" strike call, we (Twins fans) deserved it. Ugh.

Archived