MLB Logo&Uniform changes

UnclearInitial

Here's a list of the teams who have worn vests recently and when they wore them:

Anaheim Angels/Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim ('97 - '10)

Arizona Diamondbacks ('98 - '06)

Chicago White Sox ('99 - '07)

Cincinnati Reds ('93 - '06)

Cleveland Indians ('02 - '07)

Colorado Rockies ('05 - '11)

Florida Marlins ('93 - '02)

Kansas City Royals ('02 - '05)

Minnesota Twins ('06 - '08)

Pittsburgh Pirates ('01 - '10)

Seattle Mariners ('97 - '00)

Tampa Bay Devil Rays ('01 - '07)

Texas Rangers ('04 - '08)

Toronto Blue Jays ('99 - '03)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a list of the teams who have worn vests recently and when they wore them:

Anaheim Angels/Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim ('97 - '10)

Arizona Diamondbacks ('98 - '06)

Chicago White Sox ('99 - '07)

Cincinnati Reds ('93 - '06)

Cleveland Indians ('02 - '07)

Colorado Rockies ('05 - '11)

Florida Marlins ('93 - '02)

Kansas City Royals ('02 - '05)

Minnesota Twins ('06 - '08)

Pittsburgh Pirates ('01 - '10)

Seattle Mariners ('97 - '00)

Tampa Bay Devil Rays ('01 - '07)

Texas Rangers ('04 - '08)

Toronto Blue Jays ('99 - '03)

So the Rox are the only team that currently wears a vest? I had no idea about that. And the other teams all stopped around the same time. Talk about a fad.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Brewers gold jerseys look great tonight.

Yeah, I thought it'd be terrible, but they're pretty good looking on the field:

mjs-brewers11_-spt_-sieu_-14-brewers11a.jpg

mjs-brewers11_-spt_-sieu_-9-brewers11(6).jpg

mjs-brewers11_-spt_-sieu_-12-brewers11(3).jpg

mjs-brewers11_-spt_-sieu_-1-brewers11(8).jpg

mjs-brewers11_-spt_-sieu_-7-brewers11(4).jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Watching the Cardinals/Braves game, it seems like each inning it alternates whether Tim Hudson has the flag patch on his cap or not. It wasn't there in the 2nd, but back on in the 3rd. It's the 5th now and no patch.

The Brewers patch was on the 1st side panel like it was in 01, the phillies all had the patch on the stitching between the 1st and 2nd side panels. Charlie Manuel's patch fell half off and was just chilling by his ear for a litle bit

Phils2.pngPhils_Primary.pngPhils4.pngPhils3.png

Classless move by MLB by not letting the Mets wear FDNY and NYPD caps in memory of 9/11, as they did ten years ago: http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/mets/post/_/id/34433/tribute-hats-banned-by-mlb

Playing dress up doesn't honor anybody.

So, do the Mets pay "tribute" to the FDNY and/or NYPD only when it's convenient or do they do it when nobody is expecting it too?

Classless move by MLB by not letting the Mets wear FDNY and NYPD caps in memory of 9/11, as they did ten years ago: http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/mets/post/_/id/34433/tribute-hats-banned-by-mlb

So, do the Mets pay "tribute" to the FDNY and/or NYPD only when it's convenient or do they do it when nobody is expecting it too?

So then there's no point in flying flags because they don't honour anybody, right?

Wearing poppies in November is pointless because it doesn't honour anyone, correct?

Teams wearing patches to mark the deaths of former players, owners, announcers etc... is meaningless as well, right?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Brewers gold jerseys look great tonight.

Yeah, I thought it'd be terrible, but they're pretty good looking on the field:

mjs-brewers11_-spt_-sieu_-14-brewers11a.jpg

mjs-brewers11_-spt_-sieu_-9-brewers11(6).jpg

mjs-brewers11_-spt_-sieu_-12-brewers11(3).jpg

mjs-brewers11_-spt_-sieu_-1-brewers11(8).jpg

mjs-brewers11_-spt_-sieu_-7-brewers11(4).jpg

Theres an awful lot of celebrating in those pictures given the fact that the Phillies JV squad just took the "best home team in baseball" to task in 3 straight.

That's just what they do. As a Brewers fan, sometimes I love it, sometimes I don't. Nyjer Morgan will celebrate anything he does. If he holds his breath for 30 seconds in the dugout before he gets into the on deck circle, that's BEAST MODE to him. If he ties his shoelaces correctly before the game, that's BEAST MODE! It's just part of the team's personality.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

So then there's no point in flying flags because they don't honour anybody, right?

Wearing poppies in November is pointless because it doesn't honour anyone, correct?

Teams wearing patches to mark the deaths of former players, owners, announcers etc... is meaningless as well, right?

Your first question isn't germane to my argument and would be a completely different topic.

Regarding your second question, because the Mets only want to honor the FDNY and/or NYPD when everyone is looking, it shows that they are insincere. Honor the FDNY and NYPD by actually doing something to help them (such as donating money, giving the firemen and policemen free tickets to a game, etc.) or doing a "tribute" like this when nobody sees it coming. At that point it would be a legitimate tribute. Wearing hats won't help them. The difference between what the Mets are doing and what poppies do is that a poppy is paying honoring to someone legitimately. The Mets aren't paying tribute to anyone, they just want to make it look like they do.

As for your third question, no, wearing a patch would not be meaningless because it is done with legitimacy.

I don't consider a poppy or a patch "dress up", by the way. Dress up is a baseball team wearing a military uniform or wanting to wear hats for the second time in 10 years just because people will be watching a game.

Your first question isn't germane to my argument and would be a completely different topic.

Regarding your second question, because the Mets only want to honor the FDNY and/or NYPD when everyone is looking, it shows that they are insincere. Honor the FDNY and NYPD by actually doing something to help them (such as donating money, giving the firemen and policemen free tickets to a game, etc.) or doing a "tribute" like this when nobody sees it coming. At that point it would be a legitimate tribute. Wearing hats won't help them. The difference between what the Mets are doing and what poppies do is that a poppy is paying honoring to someone legitimately. The Mets aren't paying tribute to anyone, they just want to make it look like they do.

As for your third question, no, wearing a patch would not be meaningless because it is done with legitimacy.

I don't consider a poppy or a patch "dress up", by the way. Dress up is a baseball team wearing a military uniform or wanting to wear hats for the second time in 10 years just because people will be watching a game.

You raise a very good point there. I agree that if they want to honour them, they should do something like that, but I see nothing wrong with wearing special hats as well to honour/commemorate them.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Classless move by MLB by not letting the Mets wear FDNY and NYPD caps in memory of 9/11, as they did ten years ago: http://espn.go.com/b...s-banned-by-mlb

On tonight's game on ESPN, Todd Zeile said the Mets were told in 2001 not to wear the caps during the game, only during the pre-game. He said the players basically decided to wear them anyway, and if MLB didn't like it, someone would have to physically remove them by force. No one from MLB did.

CK3ZP8E.jpg

You raise a very good point there. I agree that if they want to honour them, they should do something like that, but I see nothing wrong with wearing special hats as well to honour/commemorate them.

Fair enough. Your opinion, while I disagree with it, is welcomed and appreciated.

Too bad. They should have.

Any of those cross-dressers donate time or money, or was wearing a ballcap the extent of their good works?

...Seriously? That would have been atrocious PR for the MLB at the time, and considering that most Americans don't have the total aversion to any honorary parts of uniforms that you seem to have, few would look back on it as a good move.

And for the record, the Mets have continually donated money to Tuesday's Children, who has helped the families of 9/11 first responders and victims since the attacks. They also offered free tickets today to 9/11 first responders. So yes, their good works have gone beyond the uniform.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived