Raysox's NFL Pro Combat

raysox

Hi. I'm going on a cruise, so I thought I might as well post what I have so far.

A lot of people are doing this, but I wanted to be different. I wanted to do something Nike would actually probably do. A lot of people are making crazy concepts and stuff with no flow(mbannon's are sweet though). I looked and studied the new pro combats, found what works for teams, maybe went with history, or did something future like. I wanted a set up like nike would have, and similar fonts and stuff. Basically, I tried making things realistic.

Here are the first 8

Oh, and the descriptions of them are in the style of procombat. Go here, and click any of the teams. Thought it was a nice touch.

Bucs

The bucs are a young team, the youngest in the NFL. I could've gone throwback, but I didn't. Fire them cannons is a phrase said a lot in the area, referring to the cannons on the Pirate ship in the northeast endzone. When the Bucs score, or are in the red zone, the cannons go off. That is why I did cannonball pewter and red on this concept. The red is the main color, with pewter helmets, sleeves, and pants. Black runs under each arm, and above each arm. The numbers are the same font as the script, and the practice jersey. Josh Freeman and this young team will be firing them cannons for years to come.

TampaBay.png

Bears

The Bears of the 1940s were nicknamed the Monsters of the Midway. The Monsters won 4 championships in the 40s, just winning 2 since 1946. This is a throwback to those days. Chicago has come out with new throwbacks this season based on the uniforms from the 40s. These uniforms are the same, but with the stripes on the sleeves a la Oregon State. Jay Cutler, and strong defense are leading this team to a winning record, in becoming the new Monsters of the Midway.

ChicagoA.png

Chargers

The Chargers started playing football in the 60s in the old American Football League. Most of the years following, the home jersey has been light blue. A throwback with modern twists came into play here. A baby blue color, with shoulder designs like the current. The helmet has lightning bolts, with numbers underneath, like the Chargers of old. One of the highest energy offences in the league are truly, Super Chargers.

SanDiego.png

Texans

Don't mess with Texas. A phrase that lives with any Texan. The Houston Texans have a new culture, one that has the ability to be in any game, no matter who it is against. The Texans beat the Colts in game 1 of the season, knocking off the defending AFC champion who was highly favored. This Texans jersey have a Texas feel with the flag on each shoulder when looking at the front. Modern pants, and off color sleeves go along. The roads use a white helmet based on the prototype helmet used before the team played its first game. A group of high draft picks make up this well rounded team, which no one will be taking lightly anymore.

Houston.png

C&C

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

only thing I'm not feeling here is the shoulder twill junk...you can just remove that...and the pants design for Houston.

everything else, however, is golden! I love love love the BEST TEAM IN THE NFCs' numerals! ( :grin: ) I always wanted to see them update their uniforms with those numbers.

I gotta agreee with everything Brave-Bird said here, really nice job! This year's Pro Combats didn't use the weird plant-like stitching on the shoulders, so those can go. I would also extend the Chargers pants striping all the way up the pants, and maybe try to fit the Texas flag into the Texans' pants. And I'm not sure who Brave Bird is referring to as the best team in the NFC, but I'll assume it's the Bears :). Either way, I love the Bucs numbers, and I prefer the Bears current numbers, but because it's a throwback the block style works.

It's nice to see someone else putting some thought into their NFL Pro Combats, can't wait to see the rest!

Oh yeah, and thanks for the compliment!

I kinda like the direction with the Bucs. But I don't get why people think Nike will use ProCombat for the NFL. They're gonna come up with a new uniform cut (maybe several variations of it), and name it something new and catchy. I doubt Nike will be given any reign whatsoever to make any design changes to any NFL uniform. Its all about making a new cut, promoting the new "uniform technology" (cause you know they will be like .32% lighter than ProCombat!), and getting the Nike Swoosh in the NFL.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

I kinda like the direction with the Bucs. But I don't get why people think Nike will use ProCombat for the NFL. They're gonna come up with a new uniform cut (maybe several variations of it), and name it something new and catchy. I doubt Nike will be given any reign whatsoever to make any design changes to any NFL uniform. Its all about making a new cut, promoting the new "uniform technology" (cause you know they will be like .32% lighter than ProCombat!), and getting the Nike Swoosh in the NFL.

This. However, I'm sure at least half of the league will make some significant change to their uniforms, just nothing too over-the-top or drastic. All Nike wants is to promote their brand in the most popular professional league in America. They don't want to ruin it with awful uniform designs (or do they?....)

These are top-notch. I really do like the Bucs numbers and the way you incorporated the Texas flag into the Houston unis has been done before but that doesn't make it bad; in fact it fits really nicely. I'm not 100% sure on the shade of blue you used for the Chargers unis, and the Bears numbers should really have a white outline only because the logo does and I think it looks too bland otherwise. But seriously, great job.

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

And I'm not sure who Brave Bird is referring to as the best team in the NFC, but I'll assume it's the Bears :).

99.9% sure it was a tongue-in-cheek reference to this comment by Raheem Morris (which he's taken some heat for, especially since they don't even have the best record in their division).

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

And I'm not sure who Brave Bird is referring to as the best team in the NFC, but I'll assume it's the Bears :).

99.9% sure it was a tongue-in-cheek reference to this comment by Raheem Morris (which he's taken some heat for, especially since they don't even have the best record in their division).

Yeah, I would say you're right on that one, good call! I would say the Bears might be a little better though ;)

really nicely done and presented, the bucs one is almost perfect. the only thing i would do is connect the black shoulder stripe to the underarms. it kinda looks awkward with the red inbetween them

maehl.png

Next 4!

Steelers

The Steel Curtain. A nickname for the defensive dynasty of the 1970s in Pittsburgh. A 4 championship decade, which is finally coming back. 2 championships in 5 years led by the strong defensive stylings of Polamalu and Harrison the Steel Curtain is back. Gradients added to the current uniform add a modern twist on an ageless jersey. The logo features new colors on the diamonds, which match the colors used by the team.

Pittsburgh.png

Packers

Titletown USA, a NFL record 12 championships belong to Green Bay. The classic look stays on the new Pro Combat. The current sleeve stripes on the sleeves to keep the history. A classy look for the most storied NFL franchise. Led by a cavalcade of young stars like Aaron Rodgers, and Clay Mathews the Green Bay Packers look to add to their title collection.

GreenBay.png

Falcons

The Falcons have a mix of young and old leading their team to a lead in the NFC South. A name thrownback to Jamal Anderson's touchdown celebration which has been a part of the Falcons since the 90s. A modern look like the jersey of the new decade, the jersey is sleek like the logo, and team. Matching pants add to the feel of modern team. The connection of Roddy White, and Matt Ryan keep this team dirty.

Atlanta.png

Titans

Since the move from Houston in 1999, the Titans have had the same uniform design. A stripe thatruns from the arm hole to the neck hole over the shoulder. As this team moves forward, making history now, they have a chance to keep a classy jersey. Updated with white and red piping between the navy and light blue. A modern style for a modern team.

Tennessee.png

So with that that is what I have for concepts! I'll be on a cruise! Later boards.

Steelers: Perfect. Keeping the tradition, but putting a modern twist on it with the Va Tech/Arizona fade.

Packers: I'm not a HUGE fan of the numbers, but they're not terrible. You can't really change much with the Pack though, so it's tough.

Falcons: I don't know about the sleeve striping...it seems kind of random. It still looks good though, and you did a good job simplifying their current look but keeping it similar.

Titans: These are okay...I like that you incorporated red into the jerseys. The design is fairly similar to what they have now though, and I think you could have done a little more. Or at least make the helmet, jersey, and pants striping similar (their current jerseys are really inconsistent).

Archived