Toronto Argonauts seeking fan input

paulwoods13

The CFL's Toronto Argonauts are redesigning and have asked fans for input on which logo to use. They are offering four choices:

1. Late 1960s to mid-1970s "A"

2. 1977-88 updated Boat

3. 1991-94 "A"

4. Current logo with A in a shield

It is pretty clear they are sticking with their 130-year-old colour scheme of Oxford Blue and Cambridge Blue, and not going back to the blue and "slate green" combo they used from 1995 through 2004. However, a few fans have complained that they should revive the "Jason/shield" logo that was in use then, but with the Bouble Blue colour scheme.

The website says: "With our valued fans? help, we intend to choose a classic look for the Toronto Argonauts that will endure for years to come. The Toronto Argonauts Football Club recognizes the importance of tradition and to remaining true to its brand and logo."

Full link: http://argonauts.ca/logoproject

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GIven that the Shield-A is the only decent looking logo to choose from, I'd say they're going to completely screw this up.

Jason Shield was the best logo the Argos have had. They need to go back to that, and now.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I wouldn't complain if they brought back the Jason-shield as the primary logo, but their current helmet is hands-down the best they've ever had. If they absolutely HAVE to change, I'd go with the 70s A, since it lends itself to a decent minimalist identity, but nothing tops what they have now.

The "Jason-Shield" logo was the best that the team ever sported. Bring said design back, render it in Double-Blue and be done with it.

So simple a solution, yet it alludes them.

TOR_3105powderblue.png

Yep. There's your winner.

I know I've mentioned it before, but back when he was playing with the Argos, I got a Doug Flutie replica jersey. I don't know why Starter did it, or for how long they did it, but that jersey is done in the proper double blue instead of the seafoam green. And it's one of the best damn looking things ever.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I suggested the Jason/Shield logo with Double Blue. Not that it will matter.....

Probably their best looking stand alone logo but for some reason I never liked how it looked on the actual helmet. I'm not sure why but it just always seemed a bit awkward looking to me.

I went with their '90s "A" although the sample they have seems a bit skinnier than the actual logo they used.

zzPEfBm.png

I know I've mentioned it before, but back when he was playing with the Argos, I got a Doug Flutie replica jersey. I don't know why Starter did it, or for how long they did it, but that jersey is done in the proper double blue instead of the seafoam green. And it's one of the best damn looking things ever.

Any chance you could post a pic? I would love to see that.

Probably their best looking stand alone logo but for some reason I never liked how it looked on the actual helmet. I'm not sure why but it just always seemed a bit awkward looking to me.

I agree. The current "A" logo does look a lot better on the helmet, IMO, but the Jason logo is the far better primary mark.

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

Bring back that Argo boat and modernize it somehow to make it look great. that's all...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

I hope who ever votes, they vote "other". In why picking that choice, I hope they recommend bringing back the Jason shield . As others have said, I loved that logo. I Don't know what drew me to it, maybe it was the Pinball Clemons era, or just the fact that I was a fan of it. If they did what Ice did, you would have a winner. I don't know why they didn't have that as a voting opting but they should re-consider that option.

4kv29i.jpg

The "Jason-Shield" logo was the best that the team ever sported. Bring said design back, render it in Double-Blue and be done with it.

TOR_3105powderblue.png

I love this logo too. Reminds me of the Pinball and Flutie days.

I'd be fine with the current logo as well, but they need to add something to the helmet!

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

TOR_3105powderblue.png

I think I would like this a whole lot better if it didn't have so much grey. Maybe if the grey replaced the light blue, and vice versa, so that grey becomes more of an accent and less primary, and the current shield, with the light blue circle, is restored.

Archived