Toronto Argonauts seeking fan input

paulwoods13

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's interesting that most of the chatter on the Argo fan forum is in favour of the Boat logo, but most of the chatter here is in favour of Jason/shield. I'd be interested to know what it is about Jason/shield that folks here like so much.

I don't mind it -- albeit I despised the loss of light blue -- but I am on record as being a strong supporter of the 1977-88 Boat look.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the logo that the Argos SHOULD use:

Jason.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the logo that the Argos SHOULD use:

Jason.png

Everyone must go to the voting section and, vote other to recommend this option.

This is a must.

Combined with classic uniforms in double blue and you got your self a winner.

4kv29i.jpg

It's interesting that most of the chatter on the Argo fan forum is in favour of the Boat logo, but most of the chatter here is in favour of Jason/shield. I'd be interested to know what it is about Jason/shield that folks here like so much.

I don't mind it -- albeit I despised the loss of light blue -- but I am on record as being a strong supporter of the 1977-88 Boat look.

I think that anyone in their 20s remember this logo being the logo of the Argos teams that were very successful while they they were growing up and learning about the sport more intimately that just the basic rules.

I know that's defiantly the case for me.

I think the boat that's a football is a cool idea, but the Jason shield is the logo I've been wanting to come back for years now.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

The "Jason-Shield" logo was the best that the team ever sported. Bring said design back, render it in Double-Blue and be done with it.

So simple a solution, yet it alludes them.

TOR_3105powderblue.png

Winner.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

didn't the jason shield logo set have a ship as a secondary/tertiary logo?

There was a ship used as secondary/tertiary logo. I am hunting around for it.

As there might have been, I believe I was thinking of this one...which, coincidentally...was NOT part of the original set...but created by SyPhy here on our boards.

Toronto%20Argonauts%20Logo.gif

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

I prefer the classic Joe Theisman A logo myself. However as a born and bred Hamilton fan I am obligated to add just one " Argos Suuuuuuck ". My apologies it's required of all TiCat fans. Jason shield is too cartoony for me. Oskee Wee Wee.

Archived