John Kruk, Roy Halladay, Ryan Howard - Phillies

Randall Cunningham - Eagles

Ron Hextall - Flyers

Boomer Esiason - Jets

Tom Brady - Patriots

David Ortiz, Mike Lowell - Red Sox

Ray Allen - Celtics

Dwight Howard - Magic

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NHL: Dustin Brown - Kings, Nick Lidstrom and Pavel Datsyuk - Red Wings, Patrick Marleau and Joe Thornton- Sharks

MLB: Derek Jeter and Robinson Cano - Yankees

NFL: Tom Brady - Patriots

NBA: Ray Allen - Celtics, Tim Duncan - Spurs, Steve Nash - Suns, Dwyane Wade - Heat

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

There aren't really any teams I can say I hate (except the Red Sox and we'll get to them) but there are a few players that, despite the fact that I don't like them, I really respect their ability.

Ray Lewis: I can't stand the guy but there's no arguing that he's one of the best to ever play the position.

Hines Ward: He drives me nuts but the guy could really play when he was in his prime. (that ought to start a debate)

Peyton Manning: All of that nonsense he pulls at the line of scrimmage really gets on my nerves. And I hate how he yells at his receivers. Take a look at Montana or Brady. Did they ever show up their receivers like Manning does? Or Marino did? My opinion is that is precisely why Brady and Montana have seven rings between them and Marino and Manning have one. But I digress....

Derek Jeter: He's a class act and a really great player. He's good for baseball and I can't stand him. I have all the respect in the world for him but I've never liked the guy.

Barry Bonds: The attitude. The 'roids. Barry Bonds was very easy to dislike. I have been watching baseball for over 40 years and I'm here to tell you that the guy was the best player I've ever seen...and I'm talking about pre-steroid Bonds. I have to respect that.

Pedro Martinez: Loved him until he went to Boston. After that I couldn't stand him (especially after game 5 of the ALDS in 1999) but I gotta admit he was the best pitcher in baseball over that stretch.

That's all I got...for now anyway.

BB52Big.jpg

Kobe+Bryant+001.jpg

Pretty much the epitome of this for me.

Others:

MLB: Yankees: Mariano Rivera

NBA: Lakers: Derek Fisher; Knicks: Wilson Chandler (Because of how much the fans booed when he was drafted, and now he's awesome)

NFL: Jets: Damien Woody, Jerricho Cotchery; Giants: Chris Snee, Will Blackmon, Mathias Kiwanuka (Notice a trend?); Colts: Peyton Manning; Steelers: Hines Ward

NHL: Canadiens: Brian Gionta

Ottawa Senators- Mike Fisher

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Really, I respect the hell out of Michael Vick and I love to watch him... I just wish he didn't play for the 'iggles. :wacko:

NBA: Celtics: Shaq because I love the guy, but everyone will remember him as a Laker, not a Celtic. Hopefully his jersey will be retired. Jazz: Deron Williams. Spurs: Tim Duncan. Suns: Steve Nash.

NFL: Redskins/Eagles: McNabb I respect/like him, but hate his teams.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

NHL: Dustin Brown - Kings, Nick Lidstrom and Pavel Datsyuk - Red Wings, Patrick Marleau and Joe Thornton- Sharks

NBA: Ray Allen - Celtics, Tim Duncan - Spurs, Steve Nash - Suns, Dwyane Wade - Heat

Sorry, but as a fellow Laker fan, how can you respect Allen? The dude's a total douche-bag. He has no class on the court, or off. But, that could just be the Laker fan in me that's talking. I still hate the fact that we lost to them in 2008. :P

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

A little off topic, as this guy is an owner.

dan-rooney.jpg

I can't stand the Steelers, but Dan Rooney (and his family as well) know how to run a sports franchise.

As far as players

NHL - Steve Yzerman and Nicklas Lidström (Red Wings)

NFL - Ben Roethlishberger* (Steelers) Rich Gannon (Raiders/Chiefs)

EPL - Wayne Rooney (Manchester United)

MLB - Brian Wilson and Barry Bonds (Giants)

* A little less respect after the multiple sexual assualt charges. I know nothing was proven and the charges were dropped, but if it happened multiple times that is a little suspicious.

jNTsTyQ.png

Sorry, but as a fellow Laker fan, how can you respect Allen? The dude's a total douche-bag. He has no class on the court, or off. But, that could just be the Laker fan in me that's talking. I still hate the fact that we lost to them in 2008. :P

It's kinda more of a carry over from his Bucks and Sonics years.

It's more like I hate him the least of all the Celtics.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I dislike the Longhorns and Sooners quite a bit, but I respect a number of them:

Texas Coaches: Mack Brown, Will Muschamp

Texas Players: Vince Young, Ricky Williams, Priest Holmes

Oklahoma Coaches: Bob Stoops, Barry Switzer

Oklahoma Players: Adrian Peterson, Sam Bradford

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Barry Bonds: The attitude. The 'roids. Barry Bonds was very easy to dislike. I have been watching baseball for over 40 years and I'm here to tell you that the guy was the best player I've ever seen...and I'm talking about pre-steroid Bonds. I have to respect that.

I couldn't stand Bonds as a player, but as I understand advanced statistics and sabermetrics more... holy :censored:, he might be the greatest baseball player of all time. He routinely outhit his BABIP by 40-60 points. A player doing this in general is rare(there were two players who did so in 2010... Vladamir Guerrero [bA:.300, BABIP:.292] and Albert Pujols [bA:.312, BABIP:.297], but I can't find any who did it as often, and with such disparity as Bonds. It takes an incredible K% and good-great power to even be possible.

Ben Roethlisberger isn't getting any love from me...

He's got caught twice with his hand in the nookie jar.

At least Kobe Bryant (whom I don't like, either) has seemed to have learned his lesson from that one night in Colorado.

Anyways, back on topic:

Derek Jeter (Yankees)--The textbook example of a player I like on a team I hate. There's nothing I don't like about the guy, except that he plays for the Yankees.

Derek Fisher (Lakers)--I don't like how he left the Jazz, but he doesn't seem like the guy that would use his sick daughter to go back to the Lakers.

Ron Artest (Lakers)--This is one of the last players I would have ever thought of putting up here, but I think this guy's changed. While he's the only guy that dared to take on a whole arena, yet he seems a lot more well-behaved nowadays. He's still got a few screws loose, but not in a threatening way like he once did.

Andre Miller (Trail Blazers)--Former Utah Ute

Wesley Matthews (Trail Blazers)--I don't blame him for taking the money and heading towards Portland; I just wish Paul Allen would stop seeing Utah as his farm team.

Chauncey Billups (Nuggets)--Can't stand anyone on the Nuggets but this guy. Not being (or acting) full of himself, he seems to stick out like a sore thumb when compared to the rest of Denver's squadron. I would also put George Karl up here, except that he never played for the Nuggets.

Archived