Goodbye various coaches

nash61

If I'm Bo Schembechler, I make it very clear that the next Michigan coach needs to win at LEAST as many games as RichRod did over his three seasons in 2011 or he is out the door. One needs standards to strive towards.

That's not possible. Rodriguez had 15 wins in his three seasons.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I'm Bo Schembechler, I make it very clear that the next Michigan coach needs to win at LEAST as many games as RichRod did over his three seasons in 2011 or he is out the door. One needs standards to strive towards.

You do know who wrote that, right?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

It is possible for an NCAA team to win 15 games in a season.

LvZYtbZ.png

Explain what Bo Schembechler has to do with anything.

Yeah. Except I don't think they scheduled Hawaii.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Except it's not. Even with a CCG and a bowl game, Michigan would need a 13th regular season game exception from the NCAA and that's not going to happen. You're an idiot.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Guys, look at the moron who posted it.

Michigan needs to hurry up and get better quickly or they're going to fall into Notre Dame's predicament where high school recruits become too young to respect the aura and history of the program. That means fire Rich Rod right away. They also need to learn their lesson from the Les Miles situation and actually pony up the cash for a good coach. The best guys aren't going to work for what they give Rich Rod.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Homertalk perhaps, but it shouldn't be forgotten what Coach Meyer did for Utah, too. It always seems forgotten that he even coached Utah because all that's ever talked about is his time at Florida, but if it weren't for Urban Meyer, Utah wouldn't be where it is on the football map now. As a Utah fan, THAT is his greatest legacy to me. Not to downplay what he did at Florida at all, but Utah wasn't nearly the football program it is today before he came, not by a longshot. I wish that were more covered in all of the talk about him, because I feel his turnaround and BUILDING of Utah was the best pure coaching job I've ever seen.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I love how his image is so huge that it takes 30 seconds to load on my computer.

Considering the "imposing figure" of the subject, I think that is the most fitting tribute of all, don't you?

What is that jacket? Size 60L?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

They also need to learn their lesson from the Les Miles situation and actually pony up the cash for a good coach. The best guys aren't going to work for what they give Rich Rod.

Umm... what are you talking about? Les Miles isn't Michigan's coach right now because he was hated by the previous regime (Lloyd Carr and Bill Martin). Also, do you not remember the 4 million dollars it took to buy Rich Rod out from his contract with WV? Trust me, money has nothing to do with the reason Rich Rod is coach.

And for the record, my Michigan coaching short list looks like this:

1-5: Jimothy Harbaugh

6a: Rich Rodriguez + firing everyone associated with that defense and praying that it was all Greg Robinson's fault.

6b: Brady Hoke

3789: Les Miles

Apparently, Randy Edsall will leave UConn for Maryland.

Source

Joe Schad also reports that the Washington Post reports that Joe Schad is not being completely accurate.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

They also need to learn their lesson from the Les Miles situation and actually pony up the cash for a good coach. The best guys aren't going to work for what they give Rich Rod.

Umm... what are you talking about? Les Miles isn't Michigan's coach right now because he was hated by the previous regime (Lloyd Carr and Bill Martin). Also, do you not remember the 4 million dollars it took to buy Rich Rod out from his contract with WV? Trust me, money has nothing to do with the reason Rich Rod is coach.

And for the record, my Michigan coaching short list looks like this:

1-5: Jimothy Harbaugh

6a: Rich Rodriguez + firing everyone associated with that defense and praying that it was all Greg Robinson's fault.

6b: Brady Hoke

3789: Les Miles

Honestly, Harbaugh is the only guy you yank Rodriguez for. And you only sack Rodriguez if you have Harbaugh signed. A Brady Hoke hire would be a sign that the inmates are running the asylum at a terminally harmful level and the inbred groupthink is at Notre Dame levels.

Today, we are all otaku.

Apparently, Randy Edsall will leave UConn for Maryland.

Source

Joe Schad also reports that the Washington Post reports that Joe Schad is not being completely accurate.

Baltimore Sun is reporting that Maryland will announce their coach on Monday. Only Edsall and Leach will have gone through the complete process. A third candidate declined an interview.

Archived