2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

Honestly, this discussion is pretty dumb imo. Who cares if they use black and white and silver or whatever on their jerseys. ITS A NEUTRAL COLOR. As far as I'm concerned, any and every team can use those colors on their jerseys if they want. It doesnt have to be an "official" color.

and whoever said you have to have a "traditional" jersey to win a championship....SMH

just saying

Sure, anybody can use those neutral colors as trim and accents, but when those colors become the focus of the uniforms, that's when it becomes unappealing. For example, Oregon's championship game uniforms, or the silver/gray and white uniforms they wore against USC and Oregon State. At this point, with all of the teams in the country wearing black and probably soon to be wearing gray, Oregon would best differentiate themselves by just wearing green and gold.

And nobody said you had to wear a traditional uniform, simply that only one team has won a BCS title with modern uniforms. As in, wacky modern uniforms must not lead to the greatest recruits the way some claim.

That Arkansas helmet is terrible. I'm hoping that's not legit. I can't even tell that's camo. I know it's supposed to be camo and I still can't see the camo in it. Just awful.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

camohog.jpg

I mistook this for hogskin at first. Either way...WANT.

(Go ahead and sue me.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

That Arkansas helmet is terrible. I'm hoping that's not legit. I can't even tell that's camo. I know it's supposed to be camo and I still can't see the camo in it. Just awful.

Sorry, I meant to post that it is in no way legit. Just a fan messing around with some left over camo wrap haha. I repeat, NOT LEGIT just to avoid confusion. I don't wanna be like the guy over in the Arizona State forum trying to pass off lies as the truth.

Sorry, I meant to post that it is in no way legit. Just a fan messing around with some left over camo wrap haha. I repeat, NOT LEGIT just to avoid confusion. I don't wanna be like the guy over in the Arizona State forum trying to pass off lies as the truth.

Excellent. I figured it wasn't, but with UCA going with alternating turf (which was originally a joke concept here) I'm willing to believe most anything.

Honestly, this discussion is pretty dumb imo. Who cares if they use black and white and silver or whatever on their jerseys. ITS A NEUTRAL COLOR. As far as I'm concerned, any and every team can use those colors on their jerseys if they want. It doesnt have to be an "official" color.

and whoever said you have to have a "traditional" jersey to win a championship....SMH

just saying

Black is absolutely not neutral. And while gray may be neutral, charcoal, silver, graphite, carbon, anthracite and highlighter are not neutral. Even if you are talking about a neutral color, it's no longer neutral if it is the primary color on a jersey or helmet.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

If they want to win a championship then you MUST be wearing a traditional uniform.

john_stewart_facepalm.jpg

I would've just posted this & been done with it.

2491_1227canes.orig-max-640x640.jpg

I wish those would become "traditional"... meaning I wish Miami would have just stuck with these for the rest of their existence. Those uniforms were sexy mmm mmmmmmm. I had a sweet green #11 Ken Dorsey jersey. I don't even like Miami but those uniforms were great.

Nevada agrees...and a couple of years ago, I believe New Mexico did, too (unless they still do...some red-and-silver team out west used to have these, too). Either way, I also agree that those particular uniforms were pretty daggone snazzy...I too kinda wish Miami would've stuck with them. The design worked so well with the Hurricanes' custom Handel-based font there...or maybe it was the other way around.

ugly.jpg

02michigan.600.1.jpg

& New Mexico, it was.

2009-New-Mexico-Football-Predictions-300x283_display_image.jpg

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Of all the BCS winners, they're the exception to the rule.

LSU, Tennessee, Florida, Alabama, Auburn, Texas, FSU, Ohio State, Oklahoma and USC, as opposed to just Miami. Yeah.

You're being sarcastic.

...right?

Why would a style of uniform have any effect on the outcome of a game?

It doesn't. The only reason there is a correlation between traditional uniforms and recent success is that teams with great past success tend to stick with one lasting image because they want to maintain that winning identity (See the Yankees in baseball).

Recruits aren't going to these schools because they have traditional uniforms and these schools aren't winning because of their uniforms. The best recruits in the nation are going to these schools because they have a history of winning and they want to be a part of a winning tradition.

90758391980.gif

Now that we've seen ASU and WSU, anyone know when the next unveiling is?

Up next:

Texas, Pitt, Florida, Duke (all confirmed as having changes)

Fresno (rumor)

Miami, FL (rumor)

Colorado (rumor)

NC State (more confirmed than just a rumor)

Maryland (official unveil?)

Oregon(?)

Anyone know of any other changes?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Kansas and Michigan should be unveiling their TechFit uniforms soon.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Kansas and Michigan should be unveiling their TechFit uniforms soon.

Gotcha. I forgot to mention Oklahoma State had a couple new Nike graphics floating around, and Purdue had a new Nike graphic as well.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Up next:

Fresno (rumor)

Miami, FL (rumor)

Colorado (rumor)

Oregon(?)

where did we hear about changes for Texas and Florida?!?! I'm very interested in that. As for Duke, they undoubtedly need to switch to this!! :grin:

uniforms.png

Up next:

Please tell me Texas isn't going to change.....

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Up next:

Fresno (rumor)

Miami, FL (rumor)

Colorado (rumor)

Oregon(?)

Miami, Fl is getting new uniforms.

Oreogn is wearing the home and road versions of what they wore in the NCG.

Florida is wearing the home and road versions of what they wore in the bowl.

Ditto for Boise, I believe.

Don't think Texas is getting new uniforms (unless it is just the upgraded materials like on the new TCU, ASU, Oregon, Boise and FL unis). Best way to tell is the neck.

I've heard about Miami, but where have you heard that Oregon and Florida will be switching?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I've heard about Miami, but where have you heard that Oregon and Florida will be switching?

It's been a while; I forget. I think it may have even been in the press release from the bowl uniforms for Florida, Boise and Oregon.

It's not too hard to read between the lines.

"Three elite football programs will debut the 2011 Nike Pro Combat System of Dress during bowl games including:

- Boise State Broncos: Las Vegas, December 22, 2010

- Florida Gators: Tampa Bay, January 1, 2011

- Oregon Ducks: Phoenix, Arizona, January 10, 2011

Texas Christian University (TCU) will be debuting the new Air Zoom Alpha Talon cleat with a new version of their current 2010 Nike Pro Combat Uniform in Pasadena, California, January 1, 2011."

http://www.nikebiz.com/media/pr/2010/12/14_Nike_unveils_future_of_football.html

It reads to me that they were one-off uniforms meant to show off the new version of ProCombat, not a permanent switchover.

Then I must've heard it somewhere else. I'll be surprised if they don't switch.

Why would Florida get their current uniform design in the newest technology and not wear it? Why wouldn't Oregon and Boise wear those next year? Home and road versions of each were produced for both. Nike did the exact same thing with basketball last year.

Why wouldn't TCU have gotten the same one-off as the others?

Up next:

Fresno (rumor)

Miami, FL (rumor)

Colorado (rumor)

Oregon(?)

where did we hear about changes for Texas and Florida?!?! I'm very interested in that. As for Duke, they undoubtedly need to switch to this!! :grin:

uniforms.png

Thing about that is, Duke's sorta phasing black out with all of the sports that aren't any good (at this point, I'm pretty sure only the two basketball teams and lacrosse still use black). So...maybe they SHOULD bring black back to football (which was actually the sport in which it first surfaced).

Archived