R.I.P. Chad Ochocinco

Cujo

Today we are all incorrect Spanish numbers

PotD?

No. Not even close.

And the number was correct, if you read it as "eight-five". If it represents "eighty-five", then it is wrong.

I never read it to be Chad Eighty-Five. Just Chad Eight Five. Big difference.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy crap I got scared. My heart just sank because I thought he had died.

No, Chad hasn't gone the way of former teammate Chris Henry. He's just looking for other work since he's burnt just about every bridge in Cincy, so he's simply cleaning up the ol' résumé.

6uXNWAo.png

He was considering (not sure if he was serious) in 2009 changing it to ?Hachi Go? (8 and 5 in Japanese) Obviously he didn't go through with it.

I actually would've liked "Hachi Go"... it sounds like a receivers route in some ultra-innovative offense.

I've been a Bengals fan my whole life, and I've never been less interested in a player than I am in Ocho/Johnson. His schtick is stale, his hands are stone, and his play can't cash his mouth's checks. I'd hoped Brown would cut him, but alas...

Sigs are for sissies.

I liked the Ochocinco thing, but I agree with the poster before who said he might be getting ready to wear a different number with another team. If he does leave Cincinnati, I'll miss watching him and all the crazy things that he does. He's not out every night raping people, murdering people, drinking his ass off, getting busted for marijuana, or potentially ending careers with bad tackling fundamentals, yet he's often a scapegoat because people see his face everywhere (which isn't very different than Peyton Manning). It's a real shame when people who play a game for a living can't have fun while doing it.

I have to say, Ochocinco was much more distinctive... I really think that this is him pissing off Palmer so much that he went over the top and now he's trying to save a relationship. He's like nono seee I changed it back all better? and palmers like GTFO

Even if the Bengals don't send Chad packing, won't be catching passes from Palmer next year - Palmer wants out.

Maybe Cutler.

....or Palmer.

Jordan Palmer.

I liked the Ochocinco thing, but I agree with the poster before who said he might be getting ready to wear a different number with another team. If he does leave Cincinnati, I'll miss watching him and all the crazy things that he does. He's not out every night raping people, murdering people, drinking his ass off, getting busted for marijuana, or potentially ending careers with bad tackling fundamentals, yet he's often a scapegoat because people see his face everywhere (which isn't very different than Peyton Manning). It's a real shame when people who play a game for a living can't have fun while doing it.

That's a good way to look at him. I generally find people that dislike Ochocinco take him far too seriously, which is silly considering he doesn't even take himself seriously. People are too uptight and need to realize that nothing he ever does is malicious or mean spirited.

As a Bengals fan, I appreciate the guy. You can't ignore that he has done a lot for the team and he has good numbers. Along with Marvin Lewis there's nobody else within the organization that did more to change the losing culture that existed in the locker room from 1991 until the beginning of the 2003 season (though some of that may have returned this season).

When he changed his name the first time I snatched up two Chad Johnson fatheads on sale for $20. For that reason alone, I never minded his whacky name change.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I have to say, Ochocinco was much more distinctive... I really think that this is him pissing off Palmer so much that he went over the top and now he's trying to save a relationship. He's like nono seee I changed it back all better? and palmers like GTFO

Even if the Bengals don't send Chad packing, won't be catching passes from Palmer next year - Palmer wants out.

Maybe Cutler.

....or Palmer.

Jordan Palmer.

Doubtful. Little brother is a free agent and is lucky that his name is Jordan Palmer instead of Palmer Jordan. Otherwise, his ass would have never been picked up in the first place.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Extremely misleading title is extremely misleading.

This message brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• 1 year later...

One year later, Let's try this again....

Chad Ochocinco changing name back to Chad Johnson

Whatever his name is, Super Bowl XLVI was the last time we have to see this clown in an NFL uniform. Extremely pleased he didn't get a ring. Good riddance!

Despite everyone wanting to bash him, Patriots fans and Patriots haters, he behaved this season. I can't hold anything against him while he did his job and gave it his all. No, he's not coming back to New England, and yes, he was a jackass for most of his career. But he's behaved recently so cut the dude a little slack.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

No, he's such an attention-starved clown that I think even this is a childish plea for somebody, somewhere to mention him in print.

I was frankly glad to see him wash out of New England, because it will have hastened his return to the obscurity he so richly deserves.

Archived