R.I.P. Chad Ochocinco

Cujo

I really don't get a cocky, arrogant vibe from Ocho... he just comes across as a fun-loving, creative guy. If you want cocky and arrogant, take a look at TO or someone like that.

There was certainly some cockiness, but also some fun-loving.

I'll admit it. I liked him. His antics eventually jumped the shark, but I liked him early on. And even though I got sick of it, I never disliked him. He's not a jerk like TO. TO called out nearly every QB he played with and was really a prick at times. I would not want to hang out with TO. I would want to hang out with Chad. I think he's a nice guy. Did he love the spotlight more than I would? Hell yes. But he was creative at times and I generally think he meant well.

(I suppose much of my past tense should be present tense).

His time as an important figure has passed, but I'll remember his good ol days fondly.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ochocinco is no T.O. most of what he did was showboat. There was no mean spirited attacks on teammates. Used no issue with Ochocinco other than his act became old.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I think too many people have forgot that pro sports are supposed to be fun.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Football is SERIOUS BUSINESS. It's the No Fun League, you check that tomfoolery at the door, mister.

:lol:

Seriously, I've never had a problem with Chad Johnson. He's never been in trouble with the law (which is amazing considering that it's the NFL), he's never been an outright cancer to his team like other Diva WRs that have already been mentioned, and for a while he was legitimately one of the best WRs in the game. If the man wanted to inject a little personality & entertainment into the game without being a complete detriment to his team, then why not enjoy it?

Yeah, the shtick may be old now, but there's a wholllllllllle lot more stuff to be angered or disgusted over than a guy changing his name again.

I always liked Ocho. He's one of the few bigtime pros that treated the game like a game and handled his off-field affairs with a lot of poise (as far as no drinking, smoking, etc). If the NFL had more fun guys like him it'd be a lot more enjoyable week to week.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

No they're not. They're supposed to be exactly how we want them to be. If it's life and death for us, then it damned well better be life and death for them too...or something like that. You get the gist. B)

BB52Big.jpg

Well, according to his twitter, he's a marketing grad, so...

Look, pro sports are a crap shoot. There's no guarantee of success, there's no guarantee of long-term employment, there's no guarantee of anything. You need to make money how you can and for as long as you can. Ocho is an entertainer, especially now that he isn't a dominant receiver; in a league that hates anyone who doesn't exude a squeaky-clean public image, he's a breath of fresh air. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with what he's doing.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Can the man make his mind up on a name? JHEEZ!

Not when that's the only way he can get his name in the papers...

Why do you hate the guy so much. It's only SPORTS! Sports are supposed to be fun. Obviously seeing as how you hate him, Ochocinco/Johnson rubbed people the wrong way, but he doesn't seem like a bad person.

If there were a football team like the Globetrotters, Ochocinco would be a perfect fit. I always liked his antics, and I wish the NFL would relax and let guys be themselves on the field when it comes to celebrations and stuff.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I feel bad for people who take everything so seriously that even seemingly innocuous things become sources of anxiety and anger which leads to complaining and eventually hatred. It's a name. If you don't own and control your own name then I don' t know what you own or control. He changed it via completely legit legal measures. Its not like he's just asking to have randomly made up slogans on his jersey every week.

The only way I could see there being an issue with this is if he was using it to directly market products sold under the "Ochocino" brand, as that would set a precedent and you'd have people temporarily changing their name to "John Nike-Football-Cleat" or "Asante Reebok" or something like that. I could then see the league stepping in as it's a way of circumventing the ad space on uniform rule. But that's not the case here (I don't think.) While there's certainly some personal brand building involved, it seems to be mostly about having harmless fun.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Can the man make his mind up on a name? JHEEZ!

Not when that's the only way he can get his name in the papers...

Why do you hate the guy so much. It's only SPORTS! Sports are supposed to be fun. Obviously seeing as how you hate him, Ochocinco/Johnson rubbed people the wrong way, but he doesn't seem like a bad person.

I don't hate him. In fact, I'm a huge fan of him and I was really stoked when he came to the Patriots. It just annoys me when he keeps changing his name.

Archived