Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just like with the Chargers......

White helmet ruins the look

The Chargers current look is terrible no matter what helmet color they use. As for the new Bills look, obviously we have to wait until they are unveiled to see, but it looks like it could be very good.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Boo hoo! Another grey facemask, for all the people who complain about the modern uniform cuts, one would think an "old school" staple would be appreciated.

Actually, I'd appreciate a team NOT trying to follow the whole "throwback grey facemask" trend we've been seeing.

The new uniforms are based on their 80's digs and those didn't have grey masks. So if they were really trying to mimic that era, they didn't do their job 100% correctly.

The grey mask just doesn't fit. It doesn't feel complete. Blue would be better.

.... and yes, if the South Park characters were realistic, Kenny's mom WOULD look like the lead singer form Paramore.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Actually, I'd appreciate a team NOT trying to follow the whole "throwback grey facemask" trend we've been seeing.

The new uniforms are based on their 80's digs and those didn't have grey masks. So if they were really trying to mimic that era, they didn't do their job 100% correctly.

Close, but those unis came out in 1975 and the Bills did in fact have grey facemasks that year. Not to mention that the blue charging buffalo was first used in 1974 (the last year of the "Utah stripes" like the '65 throwbacks) with a grey face mask. They switched to blue for 1976.

However, I've got to agree that a blue facemask would look better.

Well, as long as they get rid of the stupid "Standing Buffalo" throwbacks. I am so glad that they are going back to the "Royal Blue" color. Being a Fin-atic I can say that it was embarrassing to see those uniforms, because I have respect for the history of the NFL. I might not like the Bills, but I had respect for them. Good to see the white helmets with the "Charging Buffalo."

Boo hoo! Another grey facemask, for all the people who complain about the modern uniform cuts, one would think an "old school" staple would be appreciated.

.... and yes, if the South Park characters were realistic, Kenny's mom WOULD look like the lead singer form Paramore.

I do believe that Cartman would be fatter than that. Nice renditions though.

Was 1976 the year teams first started to have painted facemasks? -- Or did one team start the trend, and others just followed suit?

The Chargers started it in 1974, and teams jumped on.

I believe that the Packers experimented with painted green facemasks in 1959 but quickly abandoned them.

Was 1976 the year teams first started to have painted facemasks? -- Or did one team start the trend, and others just followed suit?

Chargers and Chiefs in 1974. Other teams rapidly followed:

1975: Browns, Broncos, Giants

1976: Bills, Saints

1977: Steelers

1978: Jets, Redskins, Colts, Falcons

1979:

1980: Bengals, Dolphins, Packers

1981: Oilers, Rams

1982: Patriots, Bears

1983: Seahawks

1984: Lions

Interesting that we have yet another NFL team reverting to a 'throwback' style of uniform: Giants, Jets, 49ers, and now the Bills.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Interesting that we have yet another NFL team reverting to a 'throwback' style of uniform: Giants, Jets, 49ers, and now the Bills.

Interesting, or boring and uninspired. Blue. nuff said.

For the 49ers and Bills I agree.

Just get rid of the square bib on top of the shoulder pads and have some sort of constant stripe pattern.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Gray mask + Non-gray team = automatic fail.

By this logic, black shoes on a team who has no black in its color scheme automatically fails.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived