Bills confirm new uniform for 2011

Nick in England

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got this email from the Bills official site: Friday June 24 it is.

Uniform-Launch-Event-Special.jpg

Just like the Sabres posted subtle hints about the uniform during emails and splash pages on the team's website before the launch, I think that the background picture will be the what is on the center stripe of the new white helmet.

Ugh. The gray facemask may not clash color wise, but it clashes era wise. Just like with the AZ Cardinals, it just looks odd to have such a traditional element with an otherwise modern logo. Standing buffalo? Fine. Charging buffalo? Make it blue.

The Bills were still using grey masks when the charging buffalo was introduced, so if they're indeed bringing it back without any updates, I have no problem with it. But even if they're using an updated version (like, with say, navy trim), they're at least pairing it with a 70s-inspired uniform which makes it relatively easy to overlook given how much of an improvement the overall look is... sort of like the inconsistent striping problem on Washington's gold pants.

The Cardinals grey mask on the other hand is pretty terrible.

There is no reason a gray facemask can't work with the modern logo.

getty.jpg

Yes there is. It's a needless attempt to look retro but only results in looking old. The Browns and 49ers suffer a similar disconnect.

This is simply a mindless trend that the Bills are late to pile onto. Any of the rest of their four colors would be a marked improvement.

Just like the Sabres posted subtle hints about the uniform during emails and splash pages on the team's website before the launch, I think that the background picture will be the what is on the center stripe of the new white helmet.

You know what, I bet you're right. They've mocked this up where it has the appearance of a plastic vinyl helmet stripes. Good catch.

PvO6ZWJ.png

You know what, I bet you're right. They've mocked this up where it has the appearance of a plastic vinyl helmet stripes. Good catch.

Those sneaky Buffalonians...

There is no reason a gray facemask can't work with the modern logo.

getty.jpg

Yes there is. It's a needless attempt to look retro but only results in looking old. The Browns and 49ers suffer a similar disconnect.

This is simply a mindless trend that the Bills are late to pile onto. Any of the rest of their four colors would be a marked improvement.

Cleveland and San Francisco are deliberately trying to look old though. that's why they made the changes

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Good question on who will model the unis. What would be hilarious is to have a fan contest and pick three or four winners, so you'd have these people with the physique of the Dawg Pound guys or the Hogs modeling NFL uniforms. That would be priceless.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived