2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

Sweet deal when you can make the worst signing in baseball history and win the World Series in the same year. Imagine if they hadn't signed Matsuzaka that year; maybe they could've had an extra World Series during the all-star break and won that too.

I don't really know how to respond to all of this sarcasm, all I'm saying is that Dice-K, Lackey, and Crawford have been busts. If your team is interested in them, give the Red Sox a call.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Boston Red Sox look like the 2007 Mets

I agree. I've tossed around the "The Red Sox need to stop pretending to be the Mets" line a few times myself.

At first, it was shocking, now, even if they do choke, to me it won't be that sad because the reality has hit me that even if they somehow squeeze their way into the postseason they're not going far.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

GODDAMNIT BOSTON HASN'T WON A TITLE IN 3 MONTHS THE WORLD IS ENDING!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

This is why people hate us Sox fans. Crawford's in the first year of his contract, and going from playing in a market where people who give a :censored: about his team are few and far between to one where the fans sell out every home game, have a large presence at the road games, and treat every three game skid like it's the end of the world... and doing it with the pressure of living up to that huge contract. He didn't just suddenly forget how to hit a baseball at an elite level. I give him both the benefit of the doubt and an adjustment period.

Worst signing ever? How is this possibly worse than Andruw Jones signing a two-year, $36.2 million deal with the Dodgers and hitting .156/.256/.249 with 3 HR's and 14 RBI's in 209 AB's in his first and only year with the team. Barry Zito's contract is an awful one, even despite him being a contributor on a World Series team.

The Red Sox collapse, as a Sox fan, is getting, or has gotten, comical. Seven or eight years ago, both before and even after they won in 2004, this would've killed me. Fortunately I've since gained a little perspective and this is just somewhat bothersome and frustrating. You just know they're going to blow these games. They get a three run lead with their best pitcher on the mound and you just see it coming. I don't think the Rays catch 'em... the Angels, on the other hand? Entirely possible.

IUe6Hvh.png

Worst signing ever? How is this possibly worse than Andruw Jones signing a two-year, $36.2 million deal with the Dodgers and hitting .156/.256/.249 with 3 HR's and 14 RBI's in 209 AB's in his first and only year with the team. Barry Zito's contract is an awful one, even despite him being a contributor on a World Series team.

adam-dunn-white-sox.jpg

"I'm gonna put 'em up my ass!"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

What's this like the 90th straight division title?

Anyways 16th time going to the playoffs out of the last 17 years. Goody!

AL East Champions - 1996 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2001 • 2002 • 2003 • 2004 • 2005 • 2006 • 2009 • 2011

Wild Card - 1995 • 1997 • 2007 • 2010

Missed playoffs - 2008

Archived