2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As bad as it is, I'm actually rooting for the Braves to make it so the Phils get the DBacks instead of the Cardinals...

Right. Don't want to play a scorching Cardinals team in the first round, and if it's the DBacks, I might go out to Phoenix for game 3.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Not one "expert" at ESPN picked the Yankees to win the AL East before the season started. LOL

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/preview/2011/news/story?page=11expertpicks

Not one "expert" at ESPN predicted the Sox would start 0-7, or that Carl Crawford would wait a month and a half before remembering he's Carl Crawford and started playing like Carl Crawford.

Not one "expert" at ESPN picked the Yankees to win the AL East before the season started. LOL

Not one "expert" at ESPN predicted the Sox would start 0-7, or that Carl Crawford would wait a month and a half before remembering he's Carl Crawford and started playing like Carl Crawford. prove to be the worst signing in baseball history, with John Lackey as a close second.

Fixed

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Not one "expert" at ESPN predicted the Sox would start 0-7, or that Carl Crawford would wait a month and a half before remembering he's Carl Crawford and started playing like Carl Crawford. prove to be the worst signing in baseball history, with John Lackey as a close second.

Fixed

Worst in baseball history? Come on, at least Crawford was serviceable for a while until he got hurt. He's not even the worst for the Sox in recent history; that distinction must go to Daisuke Matsuzaka.

Fixed

Worst in baseball history? Come on, at least Crawford was serviceable for a while until he got hurt. He's not even the worst for the Sox in recent history; that distinction must go to Daisuke Matsuzaka.

I was kidding by that. Watching Crawford and Lackey on a nightly basis is frusturating, and I'm sure I'd be saying the same thing right now about Dice-K if he wasn't injured.

on a side note, congratulations yankees on the playoff berth and thanks for beating the Rays to keep us in the race!

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Congratulations on the Yankees overcoming the odds, then.

It's like John Cena. OVERCOMING THE ODDS TO uhh win for the zillionth time.

Personally, I don't care as long as the Yankees don't win the ALCS. The Sox and the Braves are making me feel better as a Met fan considering at least one of the two is making September 2007 look like child's play and umm, well, as long as it's not Yanks-Phils in the World Series I'll be happy

Damn I've been out of the loop with baseball for too long..

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

And I'd counter with the Mets' deferred-payment deal with Bobby Bonilla. They're currently paying someone who hasn't played since 2001.

Who knows by the time 2034 rolls around and they are done paying ehhhhhhhhhhhhh never mind why did you bring this up :cry:

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Fixed

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND BOSTON FANS ARE LONG SUFFERING AND NEED THE SKY TO BE FALLING FARTHEST FASTEST FOREVER.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Sweet deal when you can make the worst signing in baseball history and win the World Series in the same year. Imagine if they hadn't signed Matsuzaka that year; maybe they could've had an extra World Series during the all-star break and won that too.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived