2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's this like the 90th straight division title?

Anyways 16th time going to the playoffs out of the last 17 years. Goody!

AL East Champions - 1996 ? 1998 ? 1999 ? 2000 ? 2001 ? 2002 ? 2003 ? 2004 ? 2005 ? 2006 ? 2009 ? 2011

Wild Card - 1995 ? 1997 ? 2007 ? 2010

Missed playoffs - 2008

Whoop de freakin' do. The fact that the Yankees actually still pop champagne for division titles at this point is embarrassing.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Good for the Yanks... They ain't getting out of the first round. Even with all of that hitting power and what not, tell me this: Who do the Yanks have after Sabathia and Nova in that rotation that even remotely scares people?

If they get a red hot Tigers or Rangers or even the Angels, they are toast. Then the world will rejoice in the fall of the Evil Empire once again.

What's this like the 90th straight division title?

Anyways 16th time going to the playoffs out of the last 17 years. Goody!

AL East Champions - 1996 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2009 2011

Wild Card - 1995 1997 2007 2010

Missed playoffs - 2008

Whoop de freakin' do. The fact that the Yankees actually still pop champagne for division titles at this point is embarrassing.

Embarrassing? Really? C'mon, man. That's a little out there, even for you.

If they were celebrating "winning" the Wild Card, maybe that would be embarrassing. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Good for the Yanks... They ain't getting out of the first round. Even with all of that hitting power and what not, tell me this: Who do the Yanks have after Sabathia and Nova in that rotation that even remotely scares people?

You're assuming Nova actually scares people. He of the 4.17 xFIP (same as Fausto Carmona and a little worse than Carl Pavano) and K/9 under 5.5 (Top 10 worst in baseball).

His luck will run out soon enough. The Yanks ain't making it out of the 1st round.

Waiting for the "But he's 16-4! He's just knows how to win!"

I hate the Yankees for the same reason I hate Notre Dame football: a fan base largely made up of people who feel the need to remind everyone about the championships they won 20 years before they were born.

Also they pretty much stole Mike Mussina from the Orioles when Moose was in his prime. That signaled end of an era where the Orioles were something other than a farce.

270_WWE_John_Cena_Yankees_jersey.jpg

OVERCOMING THE ODDS to clinch their 16th playoff birth in 17 seasons

Years from now they when they talk about underdogs it will be the 2011 Yankees along with the 1969 Mets and Miracle on Ice. In fact John Sterling could be heard saying Do You Believe in Miracles

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The worst part of being a Jays fan is not dealing with the two higest spending teams, it's dealing with the 2 most annoying fanbases in sports.

Living in Toronto half my life, can't be more annoying than Maple Leaf fans (I'm one of them BTW)

No. Leaf fans nowadays know their team sucks, so they don't make up conspiracy theories everytime they lose a game. Maybe if they had a decent GM with a vision for the future their fans would be annoying, but now they aren't bad.

1zqy8ok.gif

I hate the Yankees for the same reason I hate Notre Dame football: a fan base largely made up of people who feel the need to remind everyone about the championships they won 20 years before they were born.

Also they pretty much stole Mike Mussina from the Orioles when Moose was in his prime. That signaled end of an era where the Orioles were something other than a farce.

^ THIS. This is what I have always thought. It pisses me off when a 13-year old is bragging about the Yankees 27-World Series titles.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I dont hate the Yankees at all, its just literally every page of this thread is filled with Dexter posting about them. Like you just posted 5 pictures of their locker room celebration, its a bit much

Literally every page.. haha

Right.

Dexter Morgan please answer this question, How old are you?

I've always assumed that you were 13, but if you are a grown man then that is sad.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Archived